Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Human Puppets  (Read 6427 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Human Puppets
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 06:45:22 AM »

... Though admittedly there's the question of would you gain the sensory information from their eyes using chakra strings or not. I think odds are in favor of it...

I disagree, the canon chakra strings definitely don't provide that kind of information to the user. Such a feat would require a custom kind of connection, and even then that goes beyond just manipulating the puppet. That's becoming one with the puppet in a sense.

I mean it is basically what Gaara does.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Eye

So I don't see why you couldn't make a jutsu that lets you see through the eyes of your puppet.

The canon jutsu is not connected via chakra strings, and as I said, Gaara becomes one with the eye in a sense. He is required to close one of his own eyes in order to utilize the technique, a limitation that custom variants are not likely to keep.

It's hardly an overpowered ability either way, my point was similar things exist.

If an eye is just an eye, sure, a non-Uchiha character having a sharingan-Rinnegan puppet that gives the tracking, chakra seeing, etc. abilities of the dojutsu is of concern, especially if Izanagi could be used through said eyes.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

... Though admittedly there's the question of would you gain the sensory information from their eyes using chakra strings or not. I think odds are in favor of it...

I disagree, the canon chakra strings definitely don't provide that kind of information to the user. Such a feat would require a custom kind of connection, and even then that goes beyond just manipulating the puppet. That's becoming one with the puppet in a sense.

I mean it is basically what Gaara does.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Eye

So I don't see why you couldn't make a jutsu that lets you see through the eyes of your puppet.

The canon jutsu is not connected via chakra strings, and as I said, Gaara becomes one with the eye in a sense. He is required to close one of his own eyes in order to utilize the technique, a limitation that custom variants are not likely to keep.

It's hardly an overpowered ability either way, my point was similar things exist.

If an eye is just an eye, sure, a non-Uchiha character having a sharingan-Rinnegan puppet that gives the tracking, chakra seeing, etc. abilities of the dojutsu is of concern, especially if Izanagi could be used through said eyes.

Pretty much everyone has a Doujutsu. So if someone wants to have it through a puppet why not? It's the same thing just less efficient.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 08:34:29 AM »

I remember Conker having Human Puppets though I do not know how he used them or how he had set up.

If I were to give it nerfs I'd say the puppets can only

Use their regular techniques and only one elemental kg (which is shown in the manga with iron release.) No dojutsu, no gates, no Kaguya, not KT and only one. Maybe allow hiden too, although some couldn't be used in practical senses like Ino's.

No npc human puppets. Just like with Edo, shouldn't be allowed. Any current npc puppet gets fathered in, but still has to follow the same rules.

Their chakra pool can't be replenished (in battle)

Their action go towards your action pool just like a biju summon or Edo Tensei, you don't get free moves.

+1
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »

I agree with most of Trev's nerfs, but one. I think KT should be allowed if no other KG is used. KT's are pretty strong, but they also cost more to produce. But if the community agrees they are OP, then it's cool.     
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 12:44:36 AM »

I am perfectly fine with one KG or KT per puppet, because after all these puppets are not indestructible. I think a well-placed Rasengan would obliterate a human puppet, regardless of the abilities that it possesses.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 12:54:49 AM »

I am perfectly fine with one KG or KT per puppet, because after all these puppets are not indestructible. I think a well-placed Rasengan would obliterate a human puppet, regardless of the abilities that it possesses.

Depending on the materiel used, sure.  ;)
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 02:27:03 AM »

The Human Puppet still has some material that is still considered to be human flesh, so let's say that you made some modifications to make that puppet have tougher skin. The joints of that puppet would be the main weakness and anything can be used to disassemble or weaken a Human Puppet.

For example: Tommi could use Paper Ninjutsu to easily clog up the joints of that puppet, thus rendering any mobility of the puppet unusable; allowing for an easy follow-up that can or may destroy the Human Puppet.

I saw in one of the Infinite Tsukiyomi filler episodes, that these puppets are powerful due to the abilities that they may possess, but they can easily be destroyed. (Third Tsuchikage puppet was incapacitated by Paper Ninjutsu and was in turn destroyed by a Rasengan.) RNY was also used by one of these puppets(Fourth Raikage), but I don't think the technique really made much of a difference and you wouldn't get the "lightning fast" reflexes that one would normally get.

Either way, I do like everything else that Trev proposed.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 02:39:20 AM »

The Human Puppet still has some material that is still considered to be human flesh, so let's say that you made some modifications to make that puppet have tougher skin. The joints of that puppet would be the main weakness and anything can be used to disassemble or weaken a Human Puppet.

For example: Tommi could use Paper Ninjutsu to easily clog up the joints of that puppet, thus rendering any mobility of the puppet unusable; allowing for an easy follow-up that can or may destroy the Human Puppet.

I saw in one of the Infinite Tsukiyomi filler episodes, that these puppets are powerful due to the abilities that they may possess, but they can easily be destroyed. (Third Tsuchikage puppet was incapacitated by Paper Ninjutsu and was in turn destroyed by a Rasengan.) RNY was also used by one of these puppets(Fourth Raikage), but I don't think the technique really made much of a difference and you wouldn't get the "lightning fast" reflexes that one would normally get.

Either way, I do like everything else that Trev proposed.

"A human puppet (人傀儡, Hitokugutsu) is a type of puppet created from human corpses, developed by Sasori during his time in Sunagakure. By removing the internal organs of a foe and preserving the body to prevent decomposition, as well as adding weapons and defences, Sasori can make powerful human puppets."

If Naruto was a more mature rated manga I'm sure we could get an awesomely gruesome scene of someone busting open a human puppet to discover what is basically a mummy inside it. The body inside the puppet is what allows them to use KG and such, and there's really only so much you can do to a preserved human corpse. It's never going to be indestructible.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 19 queries.