Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tampering [Discussion]  (Read 5502 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Tampering [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 01:43:56 AM »

There is no expectation of sportsmanship in these fights, if there was you wouldn't be allowed to turn invisible and become completely undetectable to chakra sensing while also having no detectable negative emotions and being able to Double-Eye Kamui people to death.

Becoming an invisible death god who kills people by looking at them? Totally sporting!

Deciding to 2v1 someone? Wow you're a horrible person!

Yeah that makes sense. If there was any respect to sportsmanship I wouldn't be allowed to kill someone in one post because they made a bad entrance post, yet I am.

Seriously I can understand making rules about this just so every time someone loses an FFA they don't open an Inquisition but this appeal to sportsmanship is complete baloney.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:51:40 AM »

There is no expectation of sportsmanship in these fights, if there was you wouldn't be allowed to turn invisible and become completely undetectable to chakra sensing while also having no detectable negative emotions and being able to Double-Eye Kamui people to death...

There is currently and was no restriction on sportsmanship, that there being a particular example of an unsporting tactic.

Deciding to 2v1 someone? Wow you're a horrible person!

If it's a 1v1v1, then yes, that is bad behavior too.  ;)

If there was any respect to sportsmanship I wouldn't be allowed to kill someone in one post because they made a bad entrance post, yet I am.

Currently, yes, because there hasn't been any respect to sportsmanship, just like there was no respect for limitations unless those limitations were set as rules.

Seriously I can understand making rules about this just so every time someone loses an FFA they don't open an Inquisition but this appeal to sportsmanship is complete baloney.

Then break out the Lite bread, you'll be dining on Oscar Myer's sandwhiches tonight. +- cheese, whatever you decide to cut. Meanwhile there can continue discussion about reducing piss fests to hiss fests.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 02:32:46 AM »

"If it's a 1v1v1, then yes, that is bad behavior too.  ;)"

Ok so you're a scrub.

"“Scrub”, or “skrub”, is an Internet slang term commonly used as a pejorative for someone who needlessly complains about unfair tactics used in multiplayer video games. The term is associated with players who lack the skill to overcome certain strategies, bearing many similarities to “noob”."

There is no "bad behavior". What should we do in this situation you described? Does one of the three people excuse themselves from the fight and let 1 and 2 duke it out till one of them is dead? Well then the person who won the first fight is going to be tired while the third person is still fresh, that doesn't seem "fair". Should they stand in a circle and throw punches at each other person 1 hitting 2, 2 hitting 3 and 3 hitting 1 until someone goes down? What's fair? There is no fair, it's a fight, just win.

If it's a multi-person fight you have to deal with possibly fighting multiple people at once. Why would I ever attack somebody who is on guard when I have the option of shooting another person in their blind spot? No it's not "fair" to the person who was too distracted to see my attack coming but that is literally what they signed up for.

People lost an FFA because they couldn't handle what such a melee entailed and are now complaining about the strategy they lost to and trying to call it unfair so it can be banned. Which is great because that doesn't make them any better at FFA's they'll still lose till they actually learn to fight.

You can win 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, it's been done before. It's hard, and you have to be good at fighting, but you can do it. However if you're currently not able to do that I could see how it seems much easier to just make it illegal for such a situation to occur rather than actually improving till you can handle it. So if that is what the majority thinks then so be it, it will just make it that much easier for the people who do excel at fighting.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 08:19:24 AM »

Well... now I'm just comparing SL to Dark Souls... and considering the last big thing I remember doing in that game was launching like 1000 arrows at a huge hydra from like a big ass ledge... well that's my version of gitting gud, leave me alone. #LaunchArrowsAtItUntilItDies

I forgot what my point was. Well an any case, this FFA was very high class with each fighter being strong as hell. There was Athos, who... well he's Athos. He's been around for a long ass time, did a lot of things and is considered the Guy of SL, The Strongest Shield, and Old Dirty Bastard.

Kamui Uchiha, was the First Hokage, the Sixth Otokage and calls himself the God of Shinobi. He's someone who's also been around for a long ass time... obviously and has garnered a ton of respect throughout all his years. Not to mention the fact that he was currently an Edo Tensei Zombie.

Taumaster, was the First Otokage and also an Edo Tensei Zombie. Considering the fact that he's been dead for a while, I haven't been able to really see him in action, but damn that mofo is smart as hell. He went through half the fight, not needing to do anything but stare.

Dart Terumi, while not a Kage, has been apart of the Kiri Council as an elder for years, served as Yonbin to two generations of Mizukage and is going up on his third with Gitsune. While one would say it was unsportsmanlike, it was a smart shinobi tactic to go invisible fight from there, otherwise the canon Mu wouldn't have been so feared. So, he has Kage quality in him.

Me, I just got here. I have the least experience among these fighters and yet I managed to not only survive the fight, but to also win the fight... without even thinking of quitting the fight. Did I git gud, better than these greats, or have their skills just been over-exaggerated? Possibly neither, considering I won on a technicality, but hey, I'm not gonna look that gift horse in the mouth. If the fight was actually a fight, then things could have been different and I would have actually had to work for that win.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »

...If the fight was actually a fight, then things could have been different and I would have actually had to work for that win.

You held out the longest, that took some work as far as I am concerned.

"If it's a 1v1v1, then yes, that is bad behavior too.  ;)"

Ok so you're a scrub.

"“Scrub”, or “skrub”, is an Internet slang term commonly used as a pejorative for someone who needlessly complains about unfair tactics used in multiplayer video games. The term is associated with players who lack the skill to overcome certain strategies, bearing many similarities to “noob”."

There is no "bad behavior". What should we do in this situation you described? Does one of the three people excuse themselves from the fight and let 1 and 2 duke it out till one of them is dead? Well then the person who won the first fight is going to be tired while the third person is still fresh, that doesn't seem "fair". Should they stand in a circle and throw punches at each other person 1 hitting 2, 2 hitting 3 and 3 hitting 1 until someone goes down? What's fair? There is no fair, it's a fight, just win.

If it's a multi-person fight you have to deal with possibly fighting multiple people at once. Why would I ever attack somebody who is on guard when I have the option of shooting another person in their blind spot? No it's not "fair" to the person who was too distracted to see my attack coming but that is literally what they signed up for.

People lost an FFA because they couldn't handle what such a melee entailed and are now complaining about the strategy they lost to and trying to call it unfair so it can be banned. Which is great because that doesn't make them any better at FFA's they'll still lose till they actually learn to fight.

You can win 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, it's been done before. It's hard, and you have to be good at fighting, but you can do it. However if you're currently not able to do that I could see how it seems much easier to just make it illegal for such a situation to occur rather than actually improving till you can handle it. So if that is what the majority thinks then so be it, it will just make it that much easier for the people who do excel at fighting.

You are missing the point Athos, and a big part of that is probably my own fault for not explaining better. Ive played World of Tanks and been on those forums, I know what the term "scrub" means and how it is usually used. Thanks for caring enough to get the def though.

The whole point is to control delibrate, pre-fight arrangements that have more bearing on OOC matters than practical IC matters.

Had the PMs showing the pre-battle arrangements not happened and by chance the fight advanced as it did, then the issue would not have been one of integrity but of bad luck or as you put it, an issue with skill.

But before the first fist was thrown even figuratively, several of the FFA participants had decided to actively work together and some did not, because the nature of the fight implied 1v1v1v1v1, not even a temporary 3v1v1 or 2v1v1v1.

To be clear, my biggest issue is with the premeditated " lets eliminate z and y" part before the fight even got underway. Ultimately the sportsmanship player-player is what I am shooting for. How the characters fight is not what I am aiming to regulate with my proposal.

Separating the characters fighting and the players playing, the goal is to maintain respect and honor among the players. The characters can backstab all they want for all I care, but the players should show more integrity towards each other.

That means not accusing people of being Bocchieres. That means not bringing a squad into deathmatch as if it is team deathmatch. That means not challenging people with every alt in your arsenal on every biju the host owns. That means not locking a thread for discussionn out of rage or indignation. That means not threatening to go after folks IRL if things dont go smooth.

I am no saint in this regard, of giving people all the respect I expect. As recent as a post ago really. But the intentions with this proposal are not about the characters we play as. It's about us, and how we treat each other.

If my proposal seems to the contrary, then let me know where so that I can fix it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:50:05 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:38 AM »

I don't doubt that you care about sportsmanship Eric, merely that the people who started this to begin with have suddenly developed an interest in it.

Like I said though since any limitations placed are going to be universal in nature I don't really care that much. People three levels below me are still going to be three levels below me even if we're all lowered one level. So do whatever you guys want.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 02:22:30 AM »

Anyone else have anything constructive to add? Not 100% sure what we have now is going to be functional right out of the gate or not.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 01:36:29 PM »

To me, good sportsmanship is not taking things personal & start mud slinging in the arguments which ensue after challenges. Good sportsmanship is to try to make your point as objective as possible & then let the community decide what is 'right'. To me, good sportsmanship in these things is to try to work with the other player you're up against. If they have questions about what's happening, concerns, need elaboration, you do your best to aid in their comprehension & vice versa without getting into insults.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 02:06:33 AM »

To me, good sportsmanship is not taking things personal & start mud slinging in the arguments which ensue after challenges. Good sportsmanship is to try to make your point as objective as possible & then let the community decide what is 'right'. To me, good sportsmanship in these things is to try to work with the other player you're up against. If they have questions about what's happening, concerns, need elaboration, you do your best to aid in their comprehension & vice versa without getting into insults.

Word. If either party can't be civil during the discussion, then they need to take a time out with no chocolate milk... I had a lot of time outs with no chocolate milk in lil baby school. T.T

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 03:12:32 AM »

Word. If either party can't be civil during the discussion, then they need to take a time out with no chocolate milk... I had a lot of time outs with no chocolate milk in lil baby school. T.T

Funny, I just had some chocolate moo juice before reading this <3
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 04:11:21 AM »

Funny, I just had some chocolate moo juice before reading this <3

That sounds like... super dirty >.>

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »

This.

Tactics and strategies employed does not count as sportsmanship. We are shinobi, ninja. Ninja fought dirty historically. We just happen to be magic ninja with magic abilities.

But going beyond trash-talking IC and spilling into OOC slander and harassment is when the sportsmanship is destroyed. Exactly what Tomi said, that's the sportsmanship in question. Simply, basic civility between all participants.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 5.056 seconds with 16 queries.