Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Host Clarification Mandate (discussion)  (Read 3876 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Host Clarification Mandate (discussion)
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:16:50 AM »

To my current understanding, Athos has only one tailed beast inside of him (9-tails) and has the rest on a summoner's leash. With that said though, at the moment, you wouldn't know that just by looking at the challenger lists that Athos in particular is current master of.

I propose that hosts be mandated to specify whether the character is hosting the beast or is the master summoner of the beast. It's a simple switch of words, nothing painstaking as making the challenge threads in the first place, and removes any ambiguity chances someone might have rolling up on the threads and seeing "host: same player name" for like, the vast majority of them, regarding which ones are being hosted and which ones are on the adamantium leash.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Host Clarification Mandate (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:33:11 AM »

I second this
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »

To my current understanding, Athos has only one tailed beast inside of him (9-tails) and has the rest on a summoner's leash. With that said though, at the moment, you wouldn't know that just by looking at the challenger lists that Athos in particular is current master of.

I propose that hosts be mandated to specify whether the character is hosting the beast or is the master summoner of the beast. It's a simple switch of words, nothing painstaking as making the challenge threads in the first place, and removes any ambiguity chances someone might have rolling up on the threads and seeing "host: same player name" for like, the vast majority of them, regarding which ones are being hosted and which ones are on the adamantium leash.

I second this

I third this.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »

I fourth this of course.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »

It says in my bio what bijuu I host, and you all know I host the 9 tails. If anyone didn't know they could pm me.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:38:36 AM »

It says in my bio what bijuu I host, and you all know I host the 9 tails. If anyone didn't know they could pm me.
They aren't saying you're doing anything wrong or anything, they're just saying that the way it's listed in the official lists is that it looks like you're the host for all of them. It's just proposing a simple word change for the lists for people that have more than one bijuu.

It's not a bad idea at all.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:45 AM »

I've already had this switch made. Nibi had Jinchruiki, while Gedo had Summoner.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »

A simple question sent to the person would solve any 'ambiguity chances' as well. All hosts have in their profile the beast that they have in them. I've never seen this be a problem.

Making it mandatory really does nothing as there's no punishment you can put in place if someone doesn't include it. Also as said, it's never been a problem. So sure have it 'mandatory' to that extent.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »

They aren't saying you're doing anything wrong or anything, they're just saying that the way it's listed in the official lists is that it looks like you're the host for all of them. It's just proposing a simple word change for the lists for people that have more than one bijuu.

It's not a bad idea at all.

Anyone who thinks I am hosting multiple bijuu has never involved themselves with bijuu before today because we've never been allowed to do that.

It's not a good or bad idea it's just entirely pointless. We've never been allowed to host multiple bijuu, everyone should know that. Even if someone doesn't know which bijuu I'm hosting it doesn't really matter now does it? They're going to challenge for whatever bijuu they want to get it and regardless the bijuu I am hosting isn't going to change based on whether or not they know which one it is. Not to mention it is much harder to find out which bijuu I host by clicking on 6 different topics till you find the one that says host in it when you could just look at my bio on the site.

So regardless of how little effort it might take to edit the topics the fact of the matter is that doing so is an inefficient solution to a problem that doesn't exist. That would make it the definition of a waste of my time.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »

Making it mandatory really does nothing as there's no punishment you should put in place if someone doesn't include it...

You must have meant "should", because a punishment of stripping can be put in place. Would it be voted for? Well, that's the point of discussing it first.  :)

Even if someone doesn't know which bijuu I'm hosting it doesn't really matter now does it?

Sure, till someone makes a topic wanting to have you stripped for multihosting according to the official biju records that can be seen here on the forum and it has to be explained that you are only hosting one tailed beast and which one it is.

And you act as if you forever till the end of SL will be the only one with more than one tailed beast. Maybe you keep a reference of it on your profile, but future hosts might not. It's shortsighted to try to base all potential rules around what just one particular host does.

Anyone recall the bookeeping nightmare that it could be for challenges before the challenge threads finally went up in a exercise in tooth pulling (overall)? It's not about preventing a problem that does not exist now, but preventing one that has existed in the past and likely will become a problem again.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »

I meant can.

Still in the boat that you're trying to stop a problem that isn't there.

All someone would have to do is message the person who holds the bijuu or read a bit.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »

I meant can.

Still in the boat that you're trying to stop a problem that isn't there.

All someone would have to do is message the person who holds the bijuu or read a bit.

And if the biju holder flip-flops like candy in a jar from opponent to opponent? We take the host's word over the challenger's if such allegations come up, with no public record of which is which? This is hardly any trouble at all to do.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 08:40:29 PM »

And if someone who is aggressively ignorant wants to try and do that based off of no evidence, since there is no evidence showing I host multiple bijuu other then a possible misunderstanding about the challenge lists then I don't feel the need to expend effort to stop them from making a fool of themselves. It's in my bio and anyone that knows what they are talking about could attest to the fact that I don't host multiple bijuu.

Even if in the future someone did not note it in their bio it would still be better to just tell them to make a note of it in their bio rather then edit their multiple challenge topics. Under no circumstances, hypothetical or otherwise, is this something we need to do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 01:44:13 AM »

And if someone who is aggressively ignorant wants to try and do that based off of no evidence...

The official biju challenge threads count as evidence; they are the primary reference for all challenge-related questions, with the exception of the biju rules themselves located in biju arena and in rules/foundation.

It's in my bio and anyone that knows what they are talking about could attest to the fact that I don't host multiple bijuu.

It's not all about you Athos, and it's not just about "hosting" multiple biju. It's about changing which biju people host in the middle of a battle setup or even a biju match and there being no official record (no, the bio does not count) of which is the proper setup.

Under no circumstances, hypothetical or otherwise, is this something we need to do.

I disagree, but ultimately we'll let the future votes carry the decision on that one.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 02:36:16 AM »

The only time this situation could possibly be a problem as you describe would be if someone challenged a Jinchuriki who was currently hosting a bijuu that they had not yet mastered and ALSO owned a bijuu that they had already mastered. They could then switch to the bijuu they had mastered already to have access to full bijuu modes and such.

However since it seems like the new rule is going to be that there is a reduced mastery time for a bijuu you already mastered and not just immediate mastery then even that isn't an issue.

So if you feel the need to make rules for one loophole in one incredibly specific situation, even though that loophole is already in the process of being closed, then knock yourself out. I think I'll go watch paint dry.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.