Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Reserving the right to abuse a name technicality  (Read 4120 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Reserving the right to abuse a name technicality
« on: March 26, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »

The character Uematsu Tomi has been named such for over 5 years. I have requested both in and out of character for him to be referred to as Tomi, not the former spelling 'Tommi'. Since individuals who wish to RP with said Uematsu Tomi, if they refer to 'Tommi' in their posts rather than 'Tomi' I reserve the right to abuse the technicality of said posts not being directed at the SL 4th Hokage, but at a different, similarly named, or non existent character if I so wish to encourage a long overdue conversion. So if you RP with Uematsu Tomi and claim to send an attack at 'Tommi', you are in effect wasting an action.

Thank you and good day~
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Reserving the right to abuse a name technicality
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »

Sure thing man.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »

The character Uzumaki Genesis has been named such for over 5 years. I have requested both in and out of character for him to be referred to as Meme Lord, not the former spelling 'Genesis'. Since individuals who wish to RP with said Uzumaki Genesis, if they refer to 'Genesis' in their posts rather than 'Meme Lord' I reserve the right to abuse the technicality of said posts not being directed at the SL Meme Jesus, but at a different, similarly named, or non existent character if I so wish to encourage a long overdue conversion. So if you RP with Uzumaki Genesis and claim to send an attack at 'Genesis', you are in effect wasting an action.

Thank you and good day~

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:05:40 PM »

The character Nathan has been named such for over 5 years. I have requested both in and out of character for him to be referred to as The one and only Shinobi Legend, not the former spelling 'Nathan'. Since individuals who wish to RP with said Nathan, if they refer to 'Nathan' in their posts rather than 'The one and only Shinobi Legend' I reserve the right to abuse the technicality of said posts not being directed at the SL Shinobi Legend, but at a different, similarly named, or non existent character if I so wish to encourage a long overdue conversion. In addition to this, I also retain the ability to delete your comments and issue a 3 day ban if you fail to abide by these rules. So if you RP with The one and only Shinobi Legend and claim to send an attack at 'Nathan', you are in effect wasting an action and getting your self banned.

Thank you and good day~

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »

Good to see Meme Lord and The one and only Shinobi Legend coming out of the closet as well thanks to the courage I instilled within them.

*claps with emotional tears in his eyes* So beautiful <3

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 12:23:21 AM »

Lmao, you started a movement :D Now you gotta march through the streets!!

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 02:14:33 AM »

Just, you know, to be 100% sure, this is a joke right? There is not about to be a Revolution of Naming Police starting a civil war over character names, is there? 'cause if so, just know that the player character name Eric does not have a k nor a ch nor a ck nor an ee nor an ea nor an y nor a train nor a plain nor a plane nor a cube nor a shadow nor a z nor a gh nor a t.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:28:34 AM »

Just, you know, to be 100% sure, this is a joke right? There is not about to be a Revolution of Naming Police starting a civil war over character names, is there? 'cause if so, just know that the player character name Eric does not have a k nor a ch nor a ck nor an ee nor an ea nor an y nor a train nor a plain nor a plane nor a cube nor a shadow nor a z nor a gh nor a t.

Not sure if this is encrypted or just gibberish... someone call the cypher division... oooh I should make one of those.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 02:43:05 AM »

Nah, it's just me blowing off steam because YOU, yes YOU Eric still call Tomi Tommi despite me asking you repeatedly both OCC and IC to refer to him as Tomi quite nicely, so the saltiness grew some & I had to do something amusing, and made this forum thread. LET's void people for not calling us how we want to be called <3 (not really, but the sentiment is there for lulz) All hail the Meme Lord and The one and only Shinobi Legend.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:45:04 AM by Timothy »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 02:52:37 AM »

Nah, it's just me blowing off steam because YOU, yes YOU Eric still call Tomi Tommi despite me asking you repeatedly both OCC and IC to refer to him as Tomi quite nicely, so the saltiness grew some & I had to do something amusing, and made this forum thread. LET's void people for not calling us how we want to be called <3 (not really, but the sentiment is there for lulz) All hail the Meme Lord and The one and only Shinobi Legend.

Ooooooh. I see. I'll try to keep it from slipping, but if it does, know that I apologize for it in advance. Old habits die hard, if all else fails I'll pick up "Yellow Flash" from here on out just to avoid running the risk.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »

Appreciate it, I have no more gripes.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.