Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: IC Rules 2 (discussion)  (Read 10908 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: IC Rules 2 (discussion)
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »

Additionally, thinking of Dart here, I can see that some limitations on what sort of RPs can happen is a necessary measure, albeit, banning doing any sort of battles in villages means that biju + village battles will never again be a thing, which might be for the best. It also means though that the RP has to be structured around the host leaving the village with the hunter in a position to engage them, which may be a bit out of character for some characters. Still, better some OOC there than OOC fights between players.

Agreed.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 01:14:37 AM »

Additionally, thinking of Dart here, I can see that some limitations on what sort of RPs can happen is a necessary measure, albeit, banning doing any sort of battles in villages means that biju + village battles will never again be a thing, which might be for the best. It also means though that the RP has to be structured around the host leaving the village with the hunter in a position to engage them, which may be a bit out of character for some characters. Still, better some OOC there than OOC fights between players.

Agreed.

I disagree! D:<

And this post totally shouldn't be counted as official nor is it just to keep my post count up. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 05:53:56 AM »

Updated the front post with some of the new alterations in green.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »

Also, I am still against the whole "basic" maneuvers and movement count as an action. By doing such, each individual will exhaust their AP before they even have a chance to set up for something grandiose or to finish off the fight.

Why should it cost me an AP to move towards the battle? Or for me to jump or dodge out of a way of an attack? Am I suppose to just stand there and tank whatever comes my way just to ensure I will have enough juice to counterattack and use a jutsu? What about omnidirectional attacks that require more than 3 AP to dodge them all? Would that not give rise to a new meta of attacking, a new rise to character control, and a new rise of people dying because they are not allowed to defend themselves properly?

Throwing an item....I guess could count as an action if you were going to use it set up for something else, i.e. Hiraishin, a fūinjutsu inscription/trap, explosive tag, etc, but that would have to written into the RP OR you tell the judge/BGM so they know ahead of time and keep track of it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 12:45:10 AM »

Also, I am still against the whole "basic" maneuvers and movement count as an action. By doing such, each individual will exhaust their AP before they even have a chance to set up for something grandiose or to finish off the fight.

Why should it cost me an AP to move towards the battle? Or for me to jump or dodge out of a way of an attack? Am I suppose to just stand there and tank whatever comes my way just to ensure I will have enough juice to counterattack and use a jutsu? What about omnidirectional attacks that require more than 3 AP to dodge them all? Would that not give rise to a new meta of attacking, a new rise to character control, and a new rise of people dying because they are not allowed to defend themselves properly?

Throwing an item....I guess could count as an action if you were going to use it set up for something else, i.e. Hiraishin, a fūinjutsu inscription/trap, explosive tag, etc, but that would have to written into the RP OR you tell the judge/BGM so they know ahead of time and keep track of it.

An action in this scheme is framed around what players do during turns of SL: attack, evade, and jutsu. However, depending on your level/speed whatever, you do the basic attack stuff more than once in a single turn.

I counter that if players are able to do everything that they want to do in a single turn everytime, then what is the point in action limits at all? There should be times where a player has to decide between attacking/counterattacking or defending/dodging. Even now many players prefer to try to change the momentum by countering instead of just dodging. If it requires all 3 action points to dodge something, then so what? Is being on the defensive for awhile really that unusual in zoning? The Fourth Hokage was on the defensive most of our fight and he turned out fine.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 15 queries.