Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Motion for Warning  (Read 10054 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Motion for Warning
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:30:41 AM »

I am posting this to request that a formal warning be given by the current Council to Athos for as of yet not complying with the following rule:

Hosts are required to specify whether the character with the beast is a summoner of the beast or a host to the beast in the appropriate challenge threads.

Yes, I know, the rule was made official hardly 2 days ago if that, but considering that an official warning must be given before any punitive action takes place, I feel it best to get the warning part out of the way sooner rather than later, as that just means that Athos will probably make the updates sooner rather than later.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Motion for Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »

Now that you've gotten a pointless rule out of your system why not make a topic for one we could actually benefit from? Like something stopping council members from challenging for Bijuu knowing it will put the council over the limit of hosts to non-hosts, that has happened multiple times already and has only not required intervention through the sheer-happenstance of people leaving the council and/or losing bijuu.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:53:12 PM »

A
Now that you've gotten a pointless rule out of your system why not make a topic for one we could actually benefit from? Like something stopping council members from challenging for Bijuu knowing it will put the council over the limit of hosts to non-hosts, that has happened multiple times already and has only not required intervention through the sheer-happenstance of people leaving the council and/or losing bijuu.

Let's not get too salty over this and keep the trash talk to a minimum. If you are currently hosting a tailed beast/a summoner of such and a new rule is made which the majority has indeed voted into effect you should do your best to comply with it.

Please make sure to comply with said rule in the near future, I second this warning/am confident Athos will make the switch with ease.

As for the council members challenging for tailed beasts, let's just make it if they win a tailed beast challenge they can step down from the council or gift said tailed beast to someone else, but that will be a discussion of its own.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:11:53 PM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »

...As for the council members challenging for tailed beasts, let's just make it if they win a tailed beast challenge they can step down from the council or gift said tailed beast to someone else, but that will be a discussion of its own.

I would rather that Council Members refrain from making biju challenges if the ratio is in danger, personally speaking. My reasoning is in the discussion thread.

You can make a topic for stuff too whenever you get the time as well, it's not just me running the thread show around here.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:10 PM »

Mmm since the rule was changed only a couple of days ago I would like to say that instead of jumping Athos about not changing it he should be given a week to make the changes. Its fair on case he forgets or if he was not paying attention to the rule change vote and such. So if he has not changed them by then he would get his warning and then a punishment.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »

Mmm since the rule was changed only a couple of days ago I would like to say that instead of jumping Athos about not changing it he should be given a week to make the changes. Its fair on case he forgets or if he was not paying attention to the rule change vote and such. So if he has not changed them by then he would get his warning and then a punishment.

This could work too, and would put less strain on Athos/still get the rule followed. I personally would favor Nekomaru's idea.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:20:05 AM »

This could work too, and would put less strain on Athos/still get the rule followed. I personally would favor Nekomaru's idea.

I'm not in objection if that's what the Council wants to do.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:21:35 AM »

+1

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 05:33:14 AM »

Honestly, it's only a couple of edits. All this isn't even necessary. There's no principle, merely a clarification. Just do it, and you wont be having anybody on your ass about it.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »

So yea um Jay I gotta say that picture is awesome.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »

I have literally already made the changes.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 01:53:59 AM »

Current Host: Athos

Naruto Profile: http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Athos

Affiliation: Uzushiogakure

Preferred method: 1v1 IC Deathmatch

Current Challengers: None

Grace Period Started: 2/16/17

Special Conditions:

-The match is IC unless otherwise agreed upon.

-The match will be what I refer to as "staggered IC". That meaning we can rp whilst the match happens, but the end result of the match will still occur IC. Once a victor is decided the Jinchuriki and Challenger then finish whatever rp they are in and immediately post going to begin the fight, so that is when it happens chronologically. If you manage to get yourself killed before the fight happens it will be voided, but I'm not forcing you to rp elsewhere during the fight.

-Once a judge is agreed upon, either before the fight starts or the first time a decision is needed, they are the judge for the rest of the fight.

-You cannot borrow techniques from your friends like Dust Release or Hirashin. You can only use what abilities and tools you have In-Character during the fight, even if it's OOC.

-If you take 7 days to post, the fight will be called off and you will be declared the loser. If the fight was OOC that means you just lose. If it was IC that means the opposition gets to legally auto-hit you, likely meaning you die or are sealed. Note that the timer does not reset if you posted once and then have to repost. I.e. You waited 6 days to post, but your post was all godmodding and autohitting, and then waited 3 days to repost, then you still lose.

-Everyone gets ONE repost only.

Non-Negotiable Voids

-Swift Release
- Izanami
- Body Revival Technique (If used to survive opening the 8th Gate. That was made before we knew what the 8th Gate does, regeneration does not let you tank disintegrating into ash.)
- Uchiha Return
- Hijutsu: Kirisame and anything that is a rip off of it
- Tenseigan
- Barrier Shatter Technique when used to shatter barriers from a person, other than an object
- Retaining a custom bijuu mode or any other power after losing the bijuu. The only thing that may be retained is the bijuu special ability, if you had mastered the bijuu before losing it. Sand Control for Shukaku, Lava for the Yonbi, Ink for Hachibi, Negative Emotions for Kyuubi, etc.
- Dark Release: Inhaling Maw
- Chakra Edible Creation
- Amenotejikara
- Limbo: Border Jail
- Any ability unique to Kaguya Ōtsutsuki

Still says "current host" next to the name Athos, and the picture at the bottom could be an interesting thing for hosts to start doing, but both seems like contradictory information. "current summoner" really would be better, and would have probably taken less time and fewer keystrokes than finding the gif.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:54:43 AM by Eric »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 02:21:55 AM »

It'd take fewer still if I didn't have to follow the pointless rule in the first place.

I'm confident that not everyone is as stupid as you seem to think they are and can figure out what Bijuu I host and which I summon. I say that since we already know that is true since your rule was put in place to prevent something that has never happened from happening.

It says I have to indicate which I host and which I summon and I have, it doesn't say how.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 03:22:24 AM »

It'd take fewer still if I didn't have to follow the pointless rule in the first place.

I'm confident that not everyone is as stupid as you seem to think they are and can figure out what Bijuu I host and which I summon. I say that since we already know that is true since your rule was put in place to prevent something that has never happened from happening.

It says I have to indicate which I host and which I summon and I have, it doesn't say how.

One man's pointlessness is another man's crusade. It's not nearly that big of a deal. I can see if I came out of nowhere and imposed this by myself or something, but there was a vote, and if the Council doesn't see it as really counting then you would need to change it.

It's not about thinking people are stupid, it's about believing that a clarification now saves some trouble down the line, even if you don't see its possibility. There have been series after series of strip threads over technicalities (usually activity) and misunderstandings, and if there is going to be another series of either sort, no point having it over something as easy to make clear as this.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8342.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9170.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8466.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8932.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9231.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8014.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8488.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9252.0.html

I know you don't have time to go through them all, so in short, I say just save the potential drama now and make it clear which one you are hosting and which ones you are not. No, having "current host" and "summoner" in the same challenger thread does not count in my opinion. The Council may disagree, though, as it's ultimately up to them.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 05:04:06 AM »

You had a poll open for 7 days and advertised it no where to my knowledge. 75% of the people who come to the forum regularly enough to participate in that are the kind of people who would gladly vote in a rule that does nothing other than annoy me, of course you got it passed. I explained how, based on your logic, the only time we could ever need this rule would be if the vote for reduced mastery time made it so we continued to allow old hosts full mastery with no time spent.

"It's not all about you Athos, and it's not just about "hosting" multiple biju. It's about changing which biju people host in the middle of a battle setup or even a biju match and there being no official record (no, the bio does not count) of which is the proper setup. "

That is your logic behind this rule. Since the mastery was changed and no longer lets old hosts automatically claim mastery the only thing you are preventing is people switching to a bijuu they don't have mastered (since in this hypothetical situation people are switching what bijuu they host just before or even during a fight, meaning they'd have no evidence to claim any level of mastery) and claiming D-Rank jutsu of whatever that bijuu provides, when Gedo, 0, 2, 3, 7, and 8 all have basically useless (or literally no) passive abilities, especially at the rank that you can explicitly do next to nothing with them. No one is going to flip a table over that. I didn't read all the topics you linked and I don't have perfect memory but I am willing to bet that none of the topics you linked involve the challenger trying to strip the host for handicapping themselves and make the challenger have an easier time. I am willing to bet that has happened 0 times.

So if you feel the need to ask the council to warn me for not following this rule good enough go ahead, if they tell me to change my pages further I will, I'll just die a little more inside. Every time we have a council election I will be making a 7 day poll petitioning for this rule to be revoked on grounds of it being obsolete upon its creation. I'm sure after a while people will agree just to make me shut up.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.