Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Motion for Warning  (Read 10218 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Motion for Warning
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 05:30:04 PM »

You had a poll open for 7 days and advertised it no where to my knowledge. 75% of the people who come to the forum regularly enough to participate in that are the kind of people who would gladly vote in a rule that does nothing other than annoy me, of course you got it passed. I explained how, based on your logic, the only time we could ever need this rule would be if the vote for reduced mastery time made it so we continued to allow old hosts full mastery with no time spent.

"It's not all about you Athos, and it's not just about "hosting" multiple biju. It's about changing which biju people host in the middle of a battle setup or even a biju match and there being no official record (no, the bio does not count) of which is the proper setup. "

That is your logic behind this rule. Since the mastery was changed and no longer lets old hosts automatically claim mastery the only thing you are preventing is people switching to a bijuu they don't have mastered (since in this hypothetical situation people are switching what bijuu they host just before or even during a fight, meaning they'd have no evidence to claim any level of mastery) and claiming D-Rank jutsu of whatever that bijuu provides, when Gedo, 0, 2, 3, 7, and 8 all have basically useless (or literally no) passive abilities, especially at the rank that you can explicitly do next to nothing with them. No one is going to flip a table over that. I didn't read all the topics you linked and I don't have perfect memory but I am willing to bet that none of the topics you linked involve the challenger trying to strip the host for handicapping themselves and make the challenger have an easier time. I am willing to bet that has happened 0 times.

So if you feel the need to ask the council to warn me for not following this rule good enough go ahead, if they tell me to change my pages further I will, I'll just die a little more inside. Every time we have a council election I will be making a 7 day poll petitioning for this rule to be revoked on grounds of it being obsolete upon its creation. I'm sure after a while people will agree just to make me shut up.

Eh, to me I honestly like the Host/Summoner Clarification rule because it makes challenge threads look cleaner. Friend to friend, just do it like JayJay's awesome pic says. I personally would like it if you changed 'Current Host: Athos' to 'Current Summoner: Athos'. To me, it's like the difference between 'their' and 'they're'.

Thank you in advance.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 03:13:26 AM »

You had a poll open for 7 days and advertised it no where to my knowledge...

I haven't advertised for the biju rules on SL since the inception of this latest set of the rules. That is hardly anything new.

...75% of the people who come to the forum regularly enough to participate in that are the kind of people who would gladly vote in a rule that does nothing other than annoy me, of course you got it passed...

Out of the 9 people who cared to vote, you have only publicly had a major conflict with 2 of those people, Dart and Kamui. 2/9 is not even close to 75%, so even if voting was done to annoy you, it is unlikely you will find a number as high as 75% out of the people who voted.

...I didn't read all the topics you linked and I don't have perfect memory but I am willing to bet that none of the topics you linked involve the challenger trying to strip the host for handicapping themselves and make the challenger have an easier time. I am willing to bet that has happened 0 times...

I don't understand, how is that even relevent to the point I was making? Stripping sessions in the past have almost always been about presentation issues, lack of public evidence, etc. The lack of a proper challenge thread was not seen as a problem that required serious action by jinchurikii until after several problems that cropped up involving challenges had come and gone and a thread was made trying to drive the point home. Why even wait till that point?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »

Reibi - Ray Iburi - Jinchuriki

Ichibi - Belphegor - Jinchuriki

Nibi - Jay Nara - Jinchuriki

Sanbi - Athos - Summoner

Yonbi - Athos - Summoner

Gobi - Athos - Summoner

Rokubi - Athos - Summoner

Nanabi - Athos - Summoner

Hachibi - Athos - Summoner

Kyuubi - Athos - Jinchuriki

Gedo - Jay Nara - Summoner

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8016.0.html this link also needs to be updated to be in accordance with the challenge threads that are put up.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »

Sanbi - Athos - Summoner

Yonbi - Athos - Summoner

Gobi - Athos - Summoner

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8016.0.html this link also needs to be updated to be in accordance with the challenge threads that are put up.

Out of curiosity I looked for the name Belphegor on SL's main site, the forums, and Naruto Profile, nada. Didn't Athos have Shukaku?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »

Sanbi - Athos - Summoner

Yonbi - Athos - Summoner

Gobi - Athos - Summoner

Out of curiosity I looked for the name Belphegor on SL's main site, the forums, and Naruto Profile, nada. Didn't Athos have Shukaku?

Yes.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Belphegor

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9218.msg233558.html#msg233558
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:51:43 PM by Raifudo Oppa »

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »

Sanbi - Athos - Summoner

Yonbi - Athos - Summoner

Gobi - Athos - Summoner

Yes.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Belphegor

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9218.msg233558.html#msg233558

Thanks

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »

The relevance would be clear if you read the middle part of my post that your reply doesn't acknowledge.

You keep saying that you want to be proactive in preventing problems, Eric, but as I explained all your rule does is prevent hosts from handicapping themselves if they want to which never has nor is ever going to be a problem. Your rule is pointless and irritating. That's why I'm so annoyed about you badgering me about it because it has no reason to exist.

Here's an idea, why don't you update the current Jinchuriki list on the forum to reflect who is host and summoner of what Bijuu? Jay's list is accurate. Then in the future whenever any of our bijuu changes hands we message you and let you know and you can keep the list up to date and that will be our official reference of who has what bijuu and who is host or summoner. You can be as anal retentive about whose host and summoner of what bijuu as you want and I don't have to keep editing my multiple pages based on peoples random whims. Everyone wins. Does that not sound agreeable?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 01:00:01 AM »

That's true too, just adding a [Jinchuriki] or a [Summoner] tag after the forum Biju list would be helpful as well.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 01:06:40 AM »

I agree with Athos on this. It would be easier if Eric or someone else if Eric wishes not to made a list if the host and summoner Bijuu.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:18 AM »

...You keep saying that you want to be proactive in preventing problems, Eric, but as I explained all your rule does is prevent hosts from handicapping themselves if they want to which never has nor is ever going to be a problem...

Switching which tailed beast you are hosting and which you are summong is not always a handicap. As you stated, several of the beasts have little to no passive abilities, so there would be an incentive to switch to one that does. Or, the d-rank abilities available from one beast happens to be more useful than the d-rank abilities of another one (IE, the ink of 8-tails in a certain context being more useful than the sparkle powder of the 7-tails, or using the 2-tails as a summon instead of as a hosted beast because it would be more useful as a summon, etc.).

...Your rule is pointless and irritating. That's why I'm so annoyed about you badgering me about it because it has no reason to exist...

Well, the votes for the rule suggest that that opinion is in the minority among those who care.

...Here's an idea, why don't you update the current Jinchuriki list on the forum to reflect who is host and summoner of what Bijuu? Jay's list is accurate. Then in the future whenever any of our bijuu changes hands we message you and let you know and you can keep the list up to date and that will be our official reference of who has what bijuu and who is host or summoner. You can be as anal retentive about whose host and summoner of what bijuu as you want and I don't have to keep editing my multiple pages based on peoples random whims. Everyone wins. Does that not sound agreeable?

If hosts/summoners follow the rule and make the distinction in their challenge threads as well, then I'll be happy to also keep a record of it as well on the overall biju page list.

** What village, if any, is Belphegor from? **
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:40:12 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 03:32:29 AM »

or using the 2-tails as a summon instead of as a hosted beast because it would be more useful as a summon, etc

The 2-tails is mine though >.>

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 03:35:59 AM »

Alrighty ill just jot that down in my handy dandy notebook then Jay.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 03:37:47 AM »

Alrighty ill just jot that down in my handy dandy notebook then Jay.

Don't forget to use the crayon!

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 03:40:53 AM »

Ah indeed I won't forget!

-Master Oogway

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »

For me, the 8 tails passive is super useful >:D

But yeah, keep a list of it and have challenge clarification of host/summoner for me fine. It's really just a matter of keeping things 'pretty'.

As long as Athos complies to the rule, ie makes sure to mention he's the summoner in his challenger rule agreement threads within a week of officially starting each challenge/isn't actively acting out of spite against the rule there should be no issues.

For now, we should just give him a nice reminder, if Athos clears things up we leave it there, if he does it again, a warning, if he doesn't comply then/continues to put 'host' instead of 'summoner' in his threads like a month or two we move for an appropriate punishment of sorts but only if he actively denies the rule, refuses to adhere to it, etc. This should go for everyone. We all follow the rules which the community has agreed/voted upon. Some we like, some we don't like, but if we want to continue to participate, we must adhere.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.