Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Action count  (Read 2712 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Action count
« on: April 08, 2017, 05:49:13 AM »

How many actions do Summons get? 3? 1? No additional actions? I know this is a varying preference for people, so I want to get something solid down for me to go by.

My suggestion is that Summons grant an additional action, but can draw more from the total action pool. So lets say it's your round, you already have a toad summoned, and the only thing you personally want to do is spit a fireball. Well that still leaves a total of 3 actions which means you can do more with the toad. But that does not mean you can summon and get a 4th action for free. You are still bound by the action limit, as is the summon should you try the other way around. If that makes sense.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Action count
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 07:00:57 AM »

I assumed they shared your action pool, ie I was careful my summoning of the Deva Path of Pain and the Pain's Shinra Tensei itself only counted 2/3 against the total.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 07:03:33 AM »

I assumed they shared your action pool, ie I was careful my summoning of the Deva Path of Pain and the Pain's Shinra Tensei itself only counted 2/3 against the total.

Yeah, I have played like that before as well, and it works just fine. Though I have also had fights where summons got their own action pool of 3. I just want to try and reach some kind of consensus on what people think.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:15:35 AM »

I'm fine if extra bodies/characters/puppets/etc get to share an extra turn to the over all pool. I propose a rule being. You get 3 actions, external entities you control/RP get +1 to the pool. Your main character can't access the +1 action but your summons can dip into the /3 but are limited to 3 actions themselves altogether.

Your total potential actions /3
Summon(s) total potential actions +1/3
Total potential actions of the stoof you control /4
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:18:29 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »

I have almost always RPed it as the summon shares the action pool period, with no extra turn given for their summoning. As you can read in my proposal for the IC rules, however, extra turn(s) being given for extra bodies is not too far in left field for my preferences.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

Same way that Six Paths of Pain bodies count; toward your own action pool. Three standard.

Though I've heard before that you can have additional if more than one attack is made against you, in order to have a chance in defending each one. Like, when five people send attacks your way, you can defend against each one. But if you're able to deflect those attacks with one move, such as Shinra Tensei, then would you be able to still have those additional actions to use?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 06:52:17 PM »

Same way that Six Paths of Pain bodies count; toward your own action pool. Three standard.

Though I've heard before that you can have additional if more than one attack is made against you, in order to have a chance in defending each one. Like, when five people send attacks your way, you can defend against each one. But if you're able to deflect those attacks with one move, such as Shinra Tensei, then would you be able to still have those additional actions to use?

I heard for the paths of pain it worked a bit differently. Like, if I had Hazama and his Six Paths against you, I could only have three actions. But if someone else joins, then I get an extra for one of my paths. Obviously if I didn't have my paths, I wouldn't get the extra turn(though that wouldn't be a bad idea to add some sort of fairness to 2v1s). And for every other people that comes in, I get one more action. But I remember it only being able to stack up to six total actions, meaning you have to be fighting a total of four people to even get that high.

I don't remember where I heard that from but that's essentially the system that I use o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »

Seems like a nice little system ya got there Athos.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.