Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SL politics  (Read 7179 times)

Vail

• View Profile
Re: SL politics
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »

Like how I want to become a captain of a trade ship in Uzu? Its my long term goal.

Precisely.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »

Yeah Uzushiogakure is allied with every major village save for Iwagakure (working on that), Suna, Kumo, and Ame (still hostile toward us b/c of the Yujo situation I think).

I think some rivalries would spice things up, though. We don't need war necessarily, but having rivalries between different nations would make things more realistic.

Where would the rivalries stem from? Its not like people are busting down doors to compete with each other over much of anything. Even biju, and that used to be like, the thing to compete for around here.

Well if less people relegated their roleplay to fighting and attacking / defending villages, they'd find plenty of stuff to create IC rivalries over. Technology, commerce, manufacturing and distribution of certain goods, etc. You know, stuff that goes on in actual nations.

Sounds kind of boring to me, but Jestar is an ANBU for a reason. That kind of stuff doesnt really have value in a world without an economy, without basic needs for characters aside vanity, genuises tucked into secret labratories deep underground that can go to space on a handsign, etc.  Its less about not making characters centered around fighting and more about recreating the SL world. Thats what it sounds like to me.

It's not recreating the SL world. This is stuff that happens constantly. No one bothers to roleplay about it, that's the problem.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »

Well then why don't we start?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 03:42:40 AM »

Well then why don't we start?

I have been. I'd be more than happy for others to join.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »

It's not recreating the SL world. This is stuff that happens constantly. No one bothers to roleplay about it, that's the problem.

Becuase there usually is not much demand for trade in the SL. I mean, if you can craft it on your own then why bother going through the loops to get it via a trade or something? To generate RP sure, but otherwise it's meh.

Sounds kind of boring to me, but Jestar is an ANBU for a reason. That kind of stuff doesnt really have value in a world without an economy, without basic needs for characters aside vanity, genuises tucked into secret labratories deep underground that can go to space on a handsign, etc.  Its less about not making characters centered around fighting and more about recreating the SL world. Thats what it sounds like to me.

The same goes for the fighting aspect. There is little demand for biju battles at the moment, so there are not all that many biju battles going on. If you're willing though, we can pair up and maybe take on one of Athos' beasts to help build the momentum back up.

In any case, the demand for these type of RPers has to come from the players. Where there is demand there should be supply, and where there is supply there should be demand. No point asking for something that doesn't exist, and no point hoarding something without value.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »

Becuase there usually is not much demand for trade in the SL. I mean, if you can craft it on your own then why bother going through the loops to get it via a trade or something? To generate RP sure, but otherwise it's meh.

The same goes for the fighting aspect. There is little demand for biju battles at the moment, so there are not all that many biju battles going on. If you're willing though, we can pair up and maybe take on one of Athos' beasts to help build the momentum back up.

In any case, the demand for these type of RPers has to come from the players. Where there is demand there should be supply, and where there is supply there should be demand. No point asking for something that doesn't exist, and no point hoarding something without value.

Might take you up on that, if possible.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.