Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Council Member as Tailed Beast Judge (Discussion)  (Read 3628 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Council Member as Tailed Beast Judge (Discussion)
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

I propose a Council Member should be able to judge a match if both parties agree to said person being the judge.

If neither party likes their decision, they can find another judge as is whom they both can agree upon as in current rules.

The past vote was 9 to 6 in favor of not allowing, the reason mostly being 'to not have the council member attempt to be influenced by grudges'.

What do you currently think, and why?
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: Council Member as Tailed Beast Judge (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »

At this point, instead of a council moderating Bocc like when I got voted in, it's four or five Boccs moderating themselves. So why not? Let them judge themselves too. It's not like it wouldn't get to them in an appeal.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »

At this point, instead of a council moderating Bocc like when I got voted in, it's four or five Boccs moderating themselves. So why not? Let them judge themselves too. It's not like it wouldn't get to them in an appeal.

That's kinda a low & unnecessary blow. While indeed many characters are considered over-powered, they are by no means personifying the not as nice aspects of Bocchiere. That would be character that has a huge list of OP powers, and thinks of themselves as superior to others. When this superiority is challenged, they usually try to invalidate their rival through arguments instead of Role-play.

If you're a team player, willing to hear people out, and do your best to be open minded, then it's all gewd~

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:05:29 PM »

No.

Members should not be allowed to judge to maintain their neutrality and not allow a bias to influence their thoughts in the decision-making processes.

If an individual wants to be a judge, then step down from the council.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »

No.

Members should not be allowed to judge to maintain their neutrality and not allow a bias to influence their thoughts in the decision-making processes.

If an individual wants to be a judge, then step down from the council.

Eh, ah well doesn't hurt to ask right?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:08 AM »

Those involved in bijuu have the most knowledge of bijuu. Makes sense to have them as a judge over someone who has little to no involvement in bijuu.

It's like if Trump, who has no political experience was made president! xD Crazy, right?! Oh wait.....
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 05:58:35 AM »

If both participants agree to the judge then it should be fine. Do not agree to a judge that you believe will be bias, if you wish to avoid it in decision making situations. Such as with any fight where a judge is needed. Do not pick the dude who hates your guts to judge your fight. It only makes sense.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 06:00:45 AM »

As Shadow pointed out to me in another thread, I'd like to apologize for the way I worded my opinion & correct myself.

I believe that council members should be allowed to judge due to their deep understanding of Bijuu & the rules, as well as their neutral position. They should of course reject judging any match that involves player(s) whom they are closely associated with, or have a negative opinion of. No one can be truly unbiased unless they are completely removed from RP and does not interact with other players beyond providing their services as a moderator.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:07:18 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »

I'm one of the people who forgot about this rule and had a Council Member as the judge for the infamous FFA xD Like a few people have said, especially Gyu right above me(and I think Shadow), the Council is suppose to know everything the best o.o They don't always, but people are flippin' people.

So if someone wants a Council Member to be a judge, just so long as the parties involved are in agreement, then I don't see why not o:
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 12:13:39 AM »

Those involved in bijuu have the most knowledge of bijuu. Makes sense to have them as a judge over someone who has little to no involvement in bijuu.

It's like if Trump, who has no political experience was made president! xD Crazy, right?! Oh wait.....

It was because he had no politic ties (I mean, aside from Russia, but that came out later after he had his core supporters) that many people voted for him. Country first in mind and heart, not bought and paid for like the rest of the competition, the election was not about putting the best capable, but the seemingly most willing to try and actually fix the "rigged" system (that rang in his favor in the end, ironic as that seems now).

Politics aside, I would prefer the judges and the Council Members remain separate, because the FFA demonstrates the issues with too many Council members literally out of a vote because of their involvement. Besides, as a judge, it's less about knowing about biju matters and far more about knowing how  RP and zone fights work around here, what's acceptable and what's not. The two are not synonymous.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.