Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Limiting Bijuu Ownership (Discussion)  (Read 17659 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Limiting Bijuu Ownership (Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »

Players who have challenged Athos for his Bijuu, please share your experiences. I think we will all understand why no one is doing anything about this through RP.

Jokes.

The reason behind no one wanting to go after Athos can be linked to three main points:

1.) Their standing with the host behind the scenes of SL
2.) The character they are forced to face.
3.) Disinterest in Biju as a whole

Now their apprehension to challenge may be a mixture of any of the three, but I think it’s safe to say we can boil it down to that. Now, my personal experience with Athos has recently turned sour, so please take that into consideration, but I think my situation is a great example of why we need a more restricted limit.

I personally didn’t want to fight Athos for a tailed beast. I think his character is god mod and I’m not in good standing with him otherwise. So what are my other options? Jay and Ray. While I have no ill feelings for Jay, I don’t particularly care for the way he fights. I’ve read a few of his battles, and I’ve made the decision that rather than offend him by making a challenge, then voiding all of the things I don’t like, I’d go with Ray, which I was perfectly content with. He is a friend, and Hiru is a beast that I am personally invested in. Now that should have been a perfect ending to that dilemma. I challenged Ray, we started with no issue. But because there is no limit to what a single person can have, Athos decided that he needed to challenge for the beast as well. For what? So he can fulfill some sort of messiah complex and decide who's worthy to have a beast? Now, when there was none otherwise, Athos has created drama. If there had been a limit, there would be no issue, because he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to create it.

We need to diversify the host list in order to give people all across the game an opportunity to find another Jink at their skill level or whom they are familiar/friendly with enough that they can have a fun experience. We should not enable bad behavior.

If the environment is unwelcoming, then no one will come.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »

We need to diversify the host list in order to give people all across the game an opportunity to find another Jink at their skill level or whom they are familiar/friendly with enough that they can have a fun experience. We should not enable bad behavior.

This is my reason exactly for desiring a hard limit on tailed beast ownership.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:56:18 PM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »

[While I have no ill feelings for Jay, I don’t particularly care for the way he fights. I’ve read a few of his battles, and I’ve made the decision that rather than offend him by making a challenge, then voiding all of the things I don’t like,

I went from Aww :oops: to aww  :cry:

What's wrong with the way I fight?

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »

This rule was meant to target the fact that Bocchiere took advantage of a loop hole in the rules and fix that. You just happen to fall under it's effects because you are currently exploiting the same loop hole. The only thing I heard about your plan is that you have a list of new owners for the Bijuu and you are going to make Bijuu RP great again. When and how that's going to happen, I have no idea. But it wasn't my intention to ruin what you are trying to build. Discuss it with the community, get your plans going. If IC rules is the reason why you plans can't move forward, then ask the community to exempt you from this rule on Bijuu limit until that get settled and you can put your plans in motion.
I told you when >> Like twice now. And ask the community? You mean the same people who mutter about me behind my back all the time? <_< That's like asking the lynch mod to help me sharpen my pitchfork collection. My plan has literally been the same from day one, I told Tim when he first came back what my plan was and that it'd be run through actual RP. Hell, I even told Tobi before that. It's not like this is some half-brain scheme that I came up with to try and shut people up, this is literally something I've been planning since I started collecting the Bijuu. I've tried to get the IC chat going but every time it starts, either only the same three people are replying or it only takes a day or two for the talks to die down because of the previous reasons. Hell, Dart just posted saying the other day that IC rules haven't even been talked about enough and they shouldn't be made a rule yet no one goes to change that >> Has anyone even seen how the IC rules have come along? Because it's been pretty good and we've got Eric, surprisingly(love you) to thank for that.

I apologize for the above tone in my post cause it was 3am and I was extremely tangry tired + angry. I stand by my statements but not as angrily
It's fine, I still love you Ray. But just to point out, and Rusaku and any challengers can confirm, I'm always more than willing to just void my Deadzone .-. Or anything on my list, you know, if you actually took the time to try. Like Rusaku said, him and I aren't even on good terms and yet when we were setting up our Bijuu fight we were able to come to agreeable terms on how Deadzone could work. And if we hadn't, I was willing to just void it outright. The crazy things that happen when you actually take the time out of your day to talk/ask somebody.

Players who have challenged Athos for his Bijuu, please share your experiences. I think we will all understand why no one is doing anything about this through RP.

Jokes.

The reason behind no one wanting to go after Athos can be linked to three main points:

1.) Their standing with the host behind the scenes of SL
2.) The character they are forced to face.
3.) Disinterest in Biju as a whole

Now their apprehension to challenge may be a mixture of any of the three, but I think it’s safe to say we can boil it down to that. Now, my personal experience with Athos has recently turned sour, so please take that into consideration, but I think my situation is a great example of why we need a more restricted limit.

I personally didn’t want to fight Athos for a tailed beast. I think his character is god mod and I’m not in good standing with him otherwise. So what are my other options? Jay and Ray. While I have no ill feelings for Jay, I don’t particularly care for the way he fights. I’ve read a few of his battles, and I’ve made the decision that rather than offend him by making a challenge, then voiding all of the things I don’t like, I’d go with Ray, which I was perfectly content with. He is a friend, and Hiru is a beast that I am personally invested in. Now that should have been a perfect ending to that dilemma. I challenged Ray, we started with no issue. But because there is no limit to what a single person can have, Athos decided that he needed to challenge for the beast as well. For what? So he can fulfill some sort of messiah complex and decide who's worthy to have a beast? Now, when there was none otherwise, Athos has created drama. If there had been a limit, there would be no issue, because he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to create it.

But like I just said above, the last time we set up a Bijuu fight things went well, for the most part. Bad blood is bound to cause something to go wrong, somewhere. But even though you say all these things, you act like the last time we fought, you didn't win and beat me for the Nine Tails O.o You act like I didn't have a long string of losses behind me, at that. You, out of anyone, actually know that I'm not the 'unbeatable winner' everyone has played me out to be ever since I got the Bijuu. Hell, our last fight didn't even make it past entrance posts because of an issue with time ._. So how can you even say anything about that fight or how it went? Because despite the bitter talking at the end after trying to get stripped, things were pretty cut and dry in that situation.

Unlike most people on the site, you at least have a reason for us not to get along. You know, as well as I do, that 90% of the population that doesn't like me is either because of rumors, old stories, or because I've got a hot temper. No one actually takes the time to message a guy, see what's up. It is much easier to just play him out to be the bad guy, like everyone else. Because if someone sees you interacting with him, they may think you have cooties too and then isolate you the same way >_> "Oh man, Athos gets irked when talking about Bijuu", shit, then maybe we can talk about something else? The Weather? How is your life? No. People would rather cling to the bad and let that be it <_<

Another thread that has degraded into a shit throwing contest because Athos got pissed, lol. GG
What's that? All I taste is a bunch of salt on all this civil conversation ._.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2017, 07:32:37 PM »

You forgot to praise Tomi for constantly messaging you about how you're doing, what's up, and how about dem space trucks and Town of Salem, Athos :V
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »

You forgot to praise Tomi for constantly messaging you about how you're doing, what's up, and how about dem space trucks and Town of Salem, Athos :V
And Tim is a good friend, yes. Sorry >> Forgot to say that in my last post.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »

Behind the scenes, I've been speaking to a few people, sharing my thoughts, etc.
I think you'll get to a compromise. =)

Message me if there are any issues? ^^

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2017, 11:29:00 PM »

Another thread that has degraded into a shit throwing contest because Athos got pissed, lol. GG
What's that? All I taste is a bunch of salt on all this civil conversation ._.
[/quote]

You mistakenly confuse my willingness to point out that you reacted to Gyururu in an irrational manner because you seem to be fixated on this idea that everyone is out to get you. Whether that is a true belief or not is up for debate, but it's my opinion that, as I was in the other thread, Gyururu wasn't initiating a personal attack against you, but you just happen to be the person who's in the position that's being criticized.

You saw what she said as a personal attack when it wasn't, you got annoyed and decide to respond with a little vitriol and a "bite me" to close out your message. That's when the civil conversation ended. I just decided to point it out because I thought it was funny. Respectfully, don't presume to know what mental state I'm in and then respond to your own presupposition. I would have told you if I were "salty" or upset.

I just got out of jiu jitsu so I'm the farthest one could be from mad or angry lol.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »

So far;

1) I see several players agreeing with a limit of 3.

2) I proposed a flexible limit that gets shorter the more Bijuu you have. We can even make it so that the time limit only start from having more than 3 Bijuu.

3) The purpose of this rule isn't to remove the Bijuu from Athos. If anything, he merely spurred me into starting this discussion because it's about time someone do something about this rule that limits Jinchuuriki to having 1 Bijuu only, but not summoners.

Hopefully we can focus on discussion about the detail of the rules from this point onward. Voting comes after that, once the details of the rules has been agreed upon.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2017, 01:51:43 AM »

I also think that a limit of 3 is good.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 01:54:45 AM »

3) The purpose of this rule isn't to remove the Bijuu from Athos. If anything, he merely spurred me into starting this discussion because it's about time someone do something about this rule that limits Jinchuuriki to having 1 Bijuu only, but not summoners.

Then come and take them >> I still stick by that.

That being said, and like I've legit said several times, I am not against this idea. But I have had plans, several which are going to be in motion soon, and to have them all shit on because we don't think someone working to get all the Bijuu is fair, would be dumb and simply unfair.

Currently, I'm at work but later tonight I'm gonna be making a new topic addressing the community.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 02:45:59 AM »

You haven't even reply to Jestar's challenge yet, so stop using that as an excuse. Stop telling people to come take them from you when you are too busy, tired and unmotivated to RP properly. You don't need an extra 2-3 people calling you out for a challenge at your current state.

The limit is meant to prevent something like this from happening in the future. I (speaking for myself) don't mind exempting you from this rule just as long as Ace or Eric is making sure that you are working towards realizing your plans without making excuses to turn days into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years.

If you are not against it then this means pretty much everyone has agreed to having a limit, so stop making this discussion about yourself and let people discuss about the rules, much appreciated.

Here is my new proposal after going through the comments;
1) A player is allowed to hold onto 3 Bijuu indefinitely as long as they are active.
2) A player who is holding onto 4 or more Bijuu is given 6 months (a maximum of 12 months) to redistribute the extra Bijuu.
3) If you have an event which requires all of the Bijuu or forming of the 10-tailed and such, please discuss it with a Gamemaster and make an official thread on forum to inform others about it, so that they may participate. The event must be carried out within 3 months after the thread is made.

And here is a special one-time-rule only for Athos;
4) Ace, Eric and the other Bijuu Council members may decide whether to exempt Athos from this rule as long as he is actively carrying out his current plan for the Bijuu that are currently in his possession.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:48:17 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 03:52:57 AM »

Gyu, I say set a limit (3) and be done with it, as that seems to be the least strenous route here. The extra stipulations, while trying to keep with the idea that people want to compete for biju even when having 3, are really excessive in my opinion. Make sure that the limit applies to players, not characters, as alts holding beasts is not unheard of.

And keeping up with Athos' progress how exactly? Stalk him in his PM's and see if his conversations are leading towards it? Watch for a RP to happen? Mandate surrender at some arbitrary point in time? Just have him give the beasts away upon the new limit's vote-in and call it a day is what I suggest.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 04:53:00 AM »

Quote from: Gyururu
1) A player is allowed to hold onto 3 Bijuu indefinitely as long as they are active.
2) A player who is holding onto 4 or more Bijuu is given 6 months (a maximum of 12 months) to redistribute the extra Bijuu.
3) If you have an event which requires all of the Bijuu or forming of the 10-tailed and such, please discuss it with a Gamemaster and make an official thread on forum to inform others about it, so that they may participate. The event must be carried out within 3 months after the thread is made.
***4) Ace, Eric and the other Bijuu Council members may decide whether to exempt Athos from this rule as long as he is actively carrying out his current plan for the Bijuu that are currently in his possession.

1) I have no problem with this hard limit being set in order to diversify things up a bit, but wouldn't it contradict the rule where it states that there is no limit per player? With that rule still in place, I cannot vote for this limitation, despite my credentials as council. You or someone else needs to call for an amendment, that way this conflict gets taken cared of.
2) I, for one think that six months is waaaaaaaaay too long for someone to be taking for their choice of jinchuuriki. I was thinking more of four weeks to redistribute with a maximum limit of six weeks and this is just me throwing my opinion out there.
3) I was pretty sure that a majority of us decided to forego the whole "Juubi" idea, but that's not the problem I have with your idea. It's the time limit, again. Waaaaaaay too long in my opinion and I would suggest two weeks as opposed to three months.

***4) I would have no problem with exempting Athos from this rule, if it somehow passed. For as long as he doesn't take months to carry out his plan and set everything into motion with the whole redistribution process.

Quote from: Athos
That being said, and like I've legit said several times, I am not against this idea. But I have had plans, several which are going to be in motion soon, and to have them all shit on because we don't think someone working to get all the Bijuu is fair, would be dumb and simply unfair.

How soon though? I heard that this distribution was happening "soon" and a list of people was being worked on, but no release date was ever given.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 05:02:38 AM »

I really haven't seen the biggest reason as to why tailed beast farming is a bad thing so I'll state it here. It seems people are to busy saying oh me, me, me instead of debating cons and pros like a discussion like this should be done.

No offense Athos but come at me bro isn't a legit pro or con to the issue at hand.

So anyways, the biggest issue with farming the beast is if a host has an abundance of the beast and goes inactive, quits, or gets banned all those beast get tied up in a limbo until the issue can be handled. I'm aware Athos you could say (I use you as an example because you are the current main beast farmer) "I am active i want go inactive." but anything could happen. God forbid but who knows you could croak in rl.

If the beast are held in a 1:1 or 2:1 ration at max it leaves less sorting out to do. The beast can easily be passed on to the next challenger in line and they inherit the challenger list or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.