Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Limiting Bijuu Ownership (Discussion)  (Read 17877 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Limiting Bijuu Ownership (Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 08:26:07 AM »

*walks in with his life alert necklace use his cane to do so being the old vet he is*

I haven't noted a post from Kay or Kamui... this place isn't the same anymore......

Anyways, my opinion probably doesn't matter much cause I'm just a figure of the past at this point. I don't really care about Tailed Beast anymore nor plan to go after one or even evolve myself with them rp wise.

However, I am a member of the site and get a voice so I'll use it. This all being cause I'm just an old stubborn dick head who likes to pop in from time to time.

I have always been against tailed beast farming. To me it kills rp. I always base my opinion on what I think is best for rp. Not who I am friends with or like or hate or blah blah. I say that cause Uzu should know he is a close friend of mine and I'm not 'out to get him'.

Regardless, it has always been ideal to me to limit 1 beast to a host. But realistically speaking I'd go with 2 no more than 3 though. I don't understand why someone would want more than one to be honest.

Even though I formed the senju scroll to seal them all in tonturn the senju grand tree into a super power monster at SL before there was ever a thought of a 10 tails or tree in the manga. I never did it cause it didn't feel right. Just my thoughts though.

It is also weird that half the custom stuff I invented become cannon in the manga years later. I think Kishi used my creations to help construct his manga to bad I didn't have copy rights.

Also can it be confirmed now that I am the eldest still active rper at SL? Just wondering.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »

Please pardon me for not knowing, as you all should already know, I haven't been around the forum for quite awhile and missed out on a lot of stuff. I see pseudo Jinchuuriki the same way I see players with EMS, Rinnegan or a combo of both, so I don't really see how having a few Kinkaku & Ginkaku running around can be any worst than seeing Pain & Madara everywhere.

But I am not going to make a thread to try and overturn the decision to not allow non-host to have Bijuu chakra. I'll respect that decision regardless of my own opinion.

I stick with the argument on my opening post, I see no benefit in letting a single player hold onto multiple Bijuu indefinitely, only how it takes Bijuu out of RP, and the danger of someone creating any army of zombie Jinchuuriki. Yes, no Jinchuuriki is going to bother challenging other host/summoner for their Bijuu, but this will not kill Bijuu RP because others are going to want to take that Bijuu away from its current host. Not to mention that Athos is probably not using every Bijuu that he is currently holding. And even if he is, they are probably nothing more than giant beasts that he summons onto the battlefield. Compare that kind of RP to having a player mature with his Bijuu and RP its personality.

Do you guys know how the 1st official list of Jinchuuriki was born? If you want a Bijuu, you post a short RP involving said tailed-beast. The person who does it the best was chosen as the official host. What have Athos done with the Bijuu lately?

If a time limit that gets shorter the more Bijuu you have is unacceptable, then I stand firmly on having a hard limit of 1 Bijuu per player.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »

Please pardon me for not knowing, as you all should already know, I haven't been around the forum for quite awhile and missed out on a lot of stuff. I see pseudo Jinchuuriki the same way I see players with EMS, Rinnegan or a combo of both, so I don't really see how having a few Kinkaku & Ginkaku running around can be any worst than seeing Pain & Madara everywhere.

But I am not going to make a thread to try and overturn the decision to not allow non-host to have Bijuu chakra. I'll respect that decision regardless of my own opinion.

I stick with the argument on my opening post, I see no benefit in letting a single player hold onto multiple Bijuu indefinitely, only how it takes Bijuu out of RP, and the danger of someone creating any army of zombie Jinchuuriki. Yes, no Jinchuuriki is going to bother challenging other host/summoner for their Bijuu, but this will not kill Bijuu RP because others are going to want to take that Bijuu away from its current host. Not to mention that Athos is probably not using every Bijuu that he is currently holding. And even if he is, they are probably nothing more than giant beasts that he summons onto the battlefield. Compare that kind of RP to having a player mature with his Bijuu and RP its personality.

Do you guys know how the 1st official list of Jinchuuriki was born? If you want a Bijuu, you post a short RP involving said tailed-beast. The person who does it the best was chosen as the official host. What have Athos done with the Bijuu lately?

If a time limit that gets shorter the more Bijuu you have is unacceptable, then I stand firmly on having a hard limit of 1 Bijuu per player.

Soo... You're basically admitting you started this topic with me specifically in mind and not actually changing the rules? >> Didn't like looking at me from all the way down there, while I sit on my 'throne' made of collected Bijuu?

Actually, if you want to get technical, Gyu. You remember how the first bijuu list was actually made? .-. Raifudo got sick of everyone running around and claiming ten-twenty Nine Tails and then went around and cleared things up >_> How would I know? Because I had a friend who was one of those BS Nine Tails users, Naruto Uzumaki, and I remember when he said something about the Bijuu and was essentially told 'Nah, this is how it's working, screw you scrub.' That being said, maybe things happened differently at the very beginning but it was legit right back to hunting and killing people for their beasts.

Like, things weren't great with the beasts back then but what made it work was that not everyone was just Madara or Naruto with a bunch of OP shit. Back then, we were all, like, Jounin-level and having a Bijuu actually made a difference. Back before everyone had infinite chakra and could move faster than the speed of light. I've learned the hard way, from myself and Eric doing it all the time, that mentioning the old days does nothing but confuse people >_> Things worked differently back then because things WERE different back then.

So, bite me.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »

*bites Athos, because he ran out of cookies*

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 09:33:07 AM »

Soo... You're basically admitting you started this topic with me specifically in mind and not actually changing the rules? >> Didn't like looking at me from all the way down there, while I sit on my 'throne' made of collected Bijuu?

Actually, if you want to get technical, Gyu. You remember how the first bijuu list was actually made? .-. Raifudo got sick of everyone running around and claiming ten-twenty Nine Tails and then went around and cleared things up >_> How would I know? Because I had a friend who was one of those BS Nine Tails users, Naruto Uzumaki, and I remember when he said something about the Bijuu and was essentially told 'Nah, this is how it's working, screw you scrub.' That being said, maybe things happened differently at the very beginning but it was legit right back to hunting and killing people for their beasts.

Like, things weren't great with the beasts back then but what made it work was that not everyone was just Madara or Naruto with a bunch of OP shit. Back then, we were all, like, Jounin-level and having a Bijuu actually made a difference. Back before everyone had infinite chakra and could move faster than the speed of light. I've learned the hard way, from myself and Eric doing it all the time, that mentioning the old days does nothing but confuse people >_> Things worked differently back then because things WERE different back then.

So, bite me.

Things were better back then for sure. But I'll reframe from bringing up stories the pages of history themselves long forgot.

And to be fair Uzu I don't think one can speak on the issue at hand without referring to you in some fashion. I mean come on bro you are currently farming the beast aren't you?

You gotta look at it from the other way in as well man. Yes I am tailed beast farming so yes anything said here would apply to me and yes my name will be brought up because I am the one doing it.

Just because you happen to be the one doing it and people have opinions about it is no reason to get salty my friend. If anything you should be like yeah use me as an example because I am an example in this case.

You know if we started to look at these types of debates in that manner we would see a lot more progress at the site rp wise. Instead of this oh I'm get offended someone doesn't share my opinion bull crap.

You're acting like a true millinial bro. We can have a civil debate here.

It's like a court hearing man. You are the one being accused cause you are the one guilty of the issue at hand. I mean nothing can be done about it so just accept it and plead you innocence.

Back to the matter at hand. What benefits to rp come from one person having more than one tailed beast? Athos?, I'm calling you out here cause as a tailed beast famer you should have a pretty good answer to the question along with a better understanding of the benefits.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »

Amusingly enough, I became the 8 tails host for a bit of time before blowing it up mainly due to SLS's formation. It may have been the first 'recorded' instance of a person actually destroying/dispersing a tailed beast. During my time as host though, Gyuki and I clashed a bit, even going so far as to nearly completely escaping Tomi's body, only to be kept in line by the Torii (Object Summoning) in which Tomi ended up using one of Gyuki's own ink bombs (fired at Tomi) to completely subjugate it via creating a more powerful version of the Divine Messenger Seal using the left over chakra ink Gyuki used as the medium. Being humbled in such a way is what brought the 8 tails to respect Tomi more and led up to the 4th Hokage's mastery of it.

Sadly that bit of RP kinda got lost with the original SLS going under.

Kinda makes me wonder how I'd fare with the original tailed beast 'list' creation via the method Gyururu mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:37:42 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »

Not really, I can't really see you because you are too high up for me to notice ._. Just reading your Deadzone already scare me too much to even try to look up.

"Back then, we were all, like, Jounin-level and having a Bijuu actually made a difference. Back before everyone had infinite chakra and could move faster than the speed of light."
I'm like a old Yugioh player getting back into the game with my old school deck. I sat down, played a few games, and got my ass handed to me by synchro monsters, xyz monsters, and now pendulum monsters. This is what I have experienced since getting back into SL's RP.

So, bite me
I prefer to bite Kishimoto as it was he who turned Naruto into DBZ >_>

Also, my argument still stands, what are the benefits of letting a single player hold onto multiple Bijuu indefinitely? It takes Bijuu out of RP, and there is the dangers of someone creating any army of zombie Jinchuuriki. Can someone who is holding onto multiple Bijuu be better at roleplaying with them than someone who is dedicated to 1 Bijuu only? Since you happen to have most of the Bijuu in your possession, I think it is reasonable for me to ask if you are using the Bijuu as anything but giant beasts that you can summon onto the battlefield, and if you are even role-playing with them at all?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:05:33 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »

Ooooh, ooooh, bite me Senpai~
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:07:23 AM by Timothy »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »

Not really, I can't really see you because you are too high up for me to notice ._. Just reading your Deadzone already scare me too much to even try to look up.

"Back then, we were all, like, Jounin-level and having a Bijuu actually made a difference. Back before everyone had infinite chakra and could move faster than the speed of light."
I'm like a old Yugioh player getting back into the game with my old school deck. I sat down, played a few games, and got my ass handed to me by synchro monsters, xyz monsters, and now pendulum monsters.

So, bite me
I prefer to bite Kishimoto as it was he who turned Naruto into DBZ >_>

Also, my argument still stands, what are the benefits of letting a single player hold onto multiple Bijuu indefinitely? It takes Bijuu out of RP, and the danger of someone creating any army of zombie Jinchuuriki. Can someone who is holding onto multiple Bijuu be better at roleplaying with them than someone who is dedicated to 1 Bijuu only? Since you happen to have most of the Bijuu in your possession, I think it is reasonable for me to ask if you are using the Bijuu as anything but giant beasts that you can summon onto the battlefield, and if you are even role-playing with them at all?

Oh don't get me started on seals and them being retarded and broken >_> I know someone I could throw on the chopping board *Doesn't look at Tim*

You think it's a problem I have them all? You want someone to use them for RP? Then come and get them ._. You have a problem with the way I'm using the things I worked to get? Then stop me. You want to have a long, drawn out RP with several people about the beasts? Bring it .-. I dunno if you were listening but I said why I collected the beasts, to hand them out to people who would do just that, RP and use them the right way. I never said it was for IC purposes and like Tim pointed out, I'm not even doing this for the Ten Tails. You keep asking what is taking me so long to hand them out and I told you, the IC rules because I think that WITH the redistribution is what will save the Bijuu. All of my cards are on the table, so I don't see what is confusing you. >_>

You don't want to be patient and wait, whatever, they are Bijuu. Challenge for them. But don't try and institute a rule because people could possibly farm, because MAYBE someone will hard onto them. Currently, there have been two people to hold onto the beasts after having multiple of them. That would be Bocchiere, who had them all right before me, and then me, who collected them all up right after. Before that, there was no problem about someone having multiple beasts and I'm sure if you just wait until I hand them out, there won't be a problem like that AFTER either. Zen collected the beasts and then handed them out, it was easy. But again, things were different back then, now people exploit rules and use loopholes. Now you need to make sure things are nice and tight, because what is given the Jincks a bad name over the last few years has been over rules and people not following them. Yujo and Kiri, for example, to take some of us back. Kiri and anybody, when it came to beasts for awhile.

If it is reasonable for you to ask that to me, then let me ask this to you; what the hell is the benefit of this rule? Before Bocchiere, and late game Bocchiere at that, no one has ever had more than two beasts, or even three beasts, for an indefinite amount of time. Right now, in our current time and place, the only benefit of this rule would be getting the beasts out of my hands without fighting me. That is literally the only thing that it would accomplish in the current moment. And even with that being the case, I haven't even said I am against it long term. But I also don't see the reason. If there is a problem with me, or anyone, having more than one, or two, or even three Bijuu, then do something about it. >__>

@Kirk
Refer to the above, older brother >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »

Athos almost be jelly of my seals <3 *doesn't look at Dre* 

To be honest, if given my opinion I wouldn't of allowed anyone to gather up the tailed beasts like that, whether it be Bocchiere or Zenaku (personal opinion)

Gyururu has a point though, there isn't much actual benefit to having more than a few at a time. I can imagine collecting them all to redistribute to the people you want could be a motivation of itself, however how much time will that actually take? As it was suggested by others, it might be best to have a coallition of people try to take the tailed beasts, whether it be a village, clan, etc with multiple people claiming control of a few which they would seek to redistribute rather than one person who may or may not be too busy to role-play all that much holding all the cookies in the jar.

Maybe you need some henchmen Dre, to help ease the load for you. You'd still be within the 3 tailed beast limit while the other people helped to keep the in character role-play flowing when you can't in your master plan of redistribution.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:07:14 AM by Timothy »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »

If it is reasonable for you to ask that to me, then let me ask this to you; what the hell is the benefit of this rule? Before Bocchiere, and late game Bocchiere at that, no one has ever had more than two beasts, or even three beasts, for an indefinite amount of time. Right now, in our current time and place, the only benefit of this rule would be getting the beasts out of my hands without fighting me. That is literally the only thing that it would accomplish in the current moment. And even with that being the case, I haven't even said I am against it long term. But I also don't see the reason. If there is a problem with me, or anyone, having more than one, or two, or even three Bijuu, then do something about it. >__>
What's the benefit of this rule, to prevent anyone from sitting on a pile of Bijuu and not even using them in RP for a long period of time, or monopolizing the Bijuu. This rule should have been put into place after Bocchiere took advantage of a loop hole in the rules, you can only be the host of 1 Bijuu at any given time, but you can capture as many Bijuu as you want as a summoner.

This rule was meant to target the fact that Bocchiere took advantage of a loop hole in the rules and fix that. You just happen to fall under it's effects because you are currently exploiting the same loop hole. The only thing I heard about your plan is that you have a list of new owners for the Bijuu and you are going to make Bijuu RP great again. When and how that's going to happen, I have no idea. But it wasn't my intention to ruin what you are trying to build. Discuss it with the community, get your plans going. If IC rules is the reason why you plans can't move forward, then ask the community to exempt you from this rule on Bijuu limit until that get settled and you can put your plans in motion.

Players who have challenged Athos for his Bijuu, please share your experiences. I think we will all understand why no one is doing anything about this through RP.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:10:30 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »

So I think people didn't even look at what I said, aside from Bec. So I'm gonna put it a little easier to understand.

STOP BLAMING THE BEASTS AND THE ONE THAT HOLDS THEM.  I for one agree with a limit enforcement. 3 sounds like the magic number here that keeps being brought up. The beasts themselves are just there to be honest. I'm kinda with Gyu on the point that, taking Athos for example (I can do examples for Jay and Myself), being the holder of something like the strongest shield(pretty valid to an extent), claiming to have more taijutsu power in a pinkey then Guy in 8th gate, and last but not least the stupidest fucking move yet deadzone in an arsenal makes people apprehensive. HOWEVER! You can always void things or nerf them. If you can't make compromises you shouldn't RP end of discussion.

The major problem here is everyone. SL is dying rapidly. There is no engaging RP anymore unless it's the same people over and over again. Nobody wants to work for the rewards. Just give me it is the mentality. Same reason why the village bijuu thing would fail. It's great on paper but in effect it's not gonna work. Everyone in certain villages will go around claiming special traits just by being linked to a village. It will be horrid.

Also. I don't plan on losing Hiru to anyone. Regardless who it is. I'm getting angrier the longer I stay on this site. Nobody deserves him.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »

Another thread that has degraded into a shit throwing contest because Athos got pissed, lol. GG

Timothy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 05:14:25 PM »

Another thread that has degraded into a shit throwing contest because Athos got pissed, lol. GG

I say we throw pizza instead, then give me said pizza.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »

I apologize for the above tone in my post cause it was 3am and I was extremely tangry tired + angry. I stand by my statements but not as angrily
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.