Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Questionable results from the "Sniff test" on that shirt you picked out.  (Read 5146 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile

The title has literally nothing to do with this topic, but hey.

So guys, obviously we all have a dreams and aspirations outside of SL that one day we would like to see come to fruition. Well for reasons that I am sure many of you can understand/relate to, I am drawn heavily to writing. It’s been a pastime for many many years, and I cannot think of many people who actually dedicate themselves to writing as often as I do for this game. Obviously you all write a lot as well, but I’m speaking exclusively in my life outside of this game. We are a breed few and far between, but a select few happen to have gathered together on SL.   

In a perfect world I would like to see myself getting a book published and being able to pay my bills doing something that I genuinely enjoy with all my heart, but we gotta take baby steps. So today, I offer you all a chance to help me with this journey.

I plan on attempting to write a Naruto based novel, purely for the experience of writing one, but based off SL instead of the cannon. Being my story and all, one of my characters is going to be the center of this novel, but I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to give me permission to use their characters in this story.

If you did give me permission, I would obviously portray that character as you would like to see them, and not influenced by any of my personal feelings for the person outside of SL. I wouldn’t make a fool out of someone in this story just because I don’t like them, because generally spite doesn't make for an interesting story. These intellectual properties are to be respected.

I have a vague plot line set up, but I want to see who all I am allowed to use (If any) before starting, because I need to place the characters around my chessboard before anything else.

As a side note, I will be reducing the number of KG any one character has to 1 in order to pull back the power scaling required for the villains. Rusaku, for example, will only be using Byakugan it’s evolution; Tenseigan.

If I get some support from you guys I’ll end up posting each chapter as I write it up on the forum for all to read and critique as they see fit.

Thank you for considering.                                             
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9759361/1/Shinobi-Legends-Society

I would want to hear out your plot before giving you permission to use my character, but feel free to get some inspiration or even ideas from my unfinished project of a similar strain.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile

That's a hard pass from me and my characters. Sorry, but they are my stories to write and I'll not have another portray them.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile

I'd say the same, tell me before you end up trying to do anything with mine. I kinda doubt any of mine'd fit in there though.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile

Meh you can use mine. Though I too am curious of the plot line. Plus I'm also writing a story, not naruto based, so now that I know you write as well I may come to you to bounce around ideas.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Nekomaru

• View Profile

I'm okay with it. Can't wait to read what you have.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

Only if I'm the strongest end-game evil person.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile

You could use Becquerel if you ever have a need for an android like him lol This is just a little game after all :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile

I'd say the same, tell me before you end up trying to do anything with mine. I kinda doubt any of mine'd fit in there though.
Well I certainly won't be using anyone's characters who do not give me permission, so there is no need for me to do any warning if you've already said no.

Only if I'm the strongest end-game evil person.
That would be totally out of character for you though. You're nowhere near the strongest D:
Jokes.

Meh you can use mine. Though I too am curious of the plot line. Plus I'm also writing a story, not naruto based, so now that I know you write as well I may come to you to bounce around ideas.

Anytime you want, I'm down to listen to those ideas.

You could use Becquerel if you ever have a need for an android like him lol This is just a little game after all :)
If Bec is anything like Saitama personality wise, then you're the main character now buddy.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9759361/1/Shinobi-Legends-Society

I would want to hear out your plot before giving you permission to use my character, but feel free to get some inspiration or even ideas from my unfinished project of a similar strain.

I'll take a look at that link here in a second, but thank you in advance.

In the grand scheme of things, my plot ideas are probably not all that impressive, but I am obviously going to be ironing out more intricate details as the story begins to pan out in my head. In total I have 3 ideas.

1.)  This deals with Uzushiogakure and it's relation to the Shinigami. Playing off the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse theme that was set up some time ago, I intend to have some Uzushio shinobi gain access to the Shinigami mask, allowing him to summon the reaper himself.  In some process that will be given more detail later, the Shinigami is split into 4 individual beings, each embodying one of the horseman. Upon their conception, the 4 individuals go out into the world and establish themselves as threats to the 5 great nations.  My character is tasked by a mysterious stranger who visits him with gathering a team of powerful individuals to combat the threat, for they are unlike anything faced in the past. In a perfect world I will be having one person from each of SL's major villages. This particular plot will probably require me to make use of your characters more often because of the team dynamic that has to be established. So keep that in mind if your uneasy about this.   

2.) Back when Kaguya was first introduced, I found myself less than impressed with her, and more hopeful of a promise that something interesting will come of her husband. In my mind, the man who was worthy of Kaguya's hand in marriage would have to be at least as powerful as she was to even be considered in the first place. I have a pretty solid framework for how the story is going to play out with this one, but it's going to be more focused on my character, sprinkling bits of you all into the mix for Easter eggs and nods to our history. It's going to be VERY Otsutsuki heavy, because I kinda want to try my hand at world-building. That clan is essentially a blank slate right now, with what could be limitless numbers of alternate dimensions that I could visit and build from scratch.

3.) In the history of SL, there has been an undeniable amount of death that has occurred throughout our history. Entire village populations wiped out over the course of a battle. Several times over in some cases. We have suffered clan and village wars, the Akatsuki, Bocc, Warren’s story, and plenty of other things throughout SL’s conception that resulted in the bloodshed of many. So in this particular story, a divine tree begins to grow once again after a millennium. This story will probably be more political than combative, as the 5 nations try and take control of the tree so they can have the fruit for themselves. In reality, this story is just going to be a bunch of people constantly editing the Divine Tree wikia page so that they are the owners over and over, leaving passive aggressive comments in the notes section until a mod gets involved and locks the page.             

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile

Team dynamic? Yeah, you can use Eric, Rita, and Pyro. My narutoprofile page should give an idea to his personality, the SLS bio his jutstu and strength
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile

Speaking of writing whether for a real book or Fanfiction, I actually have a bit of experience in that area before I came to SL. It's actually the reason why me and SL clicked in the first place.

Of course when my computer started acting up more and more, I drifted towards SL more, which was when I became part of the realm as a whole and begged Momo/Merci to put my character on the narutoprofile wiki. Even though I did eventually get a laptop, my mind had too much SL in it to properly put together a new chapter, but I believe my Fanfic mojo is still in there. But, any idea I had during the time, became a character or a story arc or something that I implemented into Jay.... so

In any case, my writing mojo stayed strong throughout all these years because of SL, so I don't have a single doubt that you'll be putting together a work of art. So, you do have my permission to use my character, though I'm sure you won't have it the way I would have without restrictions, i.e. eating everybody and stealing their KG/KT... dang ol restrictions. But I'm sure you'll make him pretty dope, as the Kabuto/Danzo of the story... but more Kabuto because I'm not old >.> Though that's only if you know where you want to put him.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile

I doubt my character (Sensatsu no Gyururu and Uematsu Gyururu) will play any part in your story since I stopped roleplaying for several years and has only recently came back to it as a new character.

Hazama

• View Profile

I dunno if this question goes for me, too >> But just don't turn me into a gag character. I am your father after all.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile

I dunno if this question goes for me, too >> But just don't turn me into a gag character. I am your father after all.

You were why I added the "respecting your intellectual properties" thing. If I went with an SL based Uzushiogakure, you would probably be involved somehow.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• View Profile

In reality, this story is just going to be a bunch of people constantly editing the Divine Tree wikia page so that they are the owners over and over, leaving passive aggressive comments in the notes section until a mod gets involved and locks the page.
Rusaku: "And that's how I won my Pulitzer prize."

lol But Bec is kind of similar in personality but he's just happy to be around. Which will be a while considering he has a battery life of two solar lifetimes :P
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.