Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Welcome to the World of Biju! (draft)  (Read 2898 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Welcome to the World of Biju! (draft)
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:02:20 PM »

Greetings!

I go by Eric Nara, and I am currently a moderator here on the forum. You will find me lurking about the all things biju section, village square, and, occasionally, the spam section. I have been on this site for about 9 years, and have seen it change dramatically from when I first came and set up an account.

With introductions out of the way, one thing that I have noticed recently is that those not familiar with the forum and not famaliar with the biju rules are likely to either be oblivious or overwhelmed by the sheer length of the biju rules. It can be intimidating, and often, it can be very daunting, but in particular, I want those very new to the biju to be able to know what they need to do before any sort of deadlines creep up on them. So listed are, in logical order, the things that will need to be done in order to successfully get setup in the world of Shinobilegends (SL) Biju!

Current Biju Rules:  http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9364.0.html

I will be referencing these a bunch, so have them in another tab for safekeeping.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:38:42 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
Challenge Phase (draft)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:38:52 PM »

Challenge Phase

*Note, if you received the beast via strip or gift or other means, skip this section and go on to hosting*

Step 1 - Create an account on Shinobilegends. While it is very likely that you have already done this, it is necessary now to have an account on the main game site, linked at the top of the forum no matter what page you are on, in order to make a forum account.

If you are completely and utterly new to text based Naruto Role-Playing Games (Naruto RPG's for short) then it is advised that you STOP here and get used to text based Naruto RPGs before challenging for a beast. You will most likely be faced with someone experienced in this area, and you are liable to get creamed if you walk in without having a clue on the even the basics.

Step 2 - Once you have made a game account, have zoned a few times to see if you want to even continue into the world of biju, finished a RP or two, gotten an Oro kill, and is not confused by any of the terms I just used such as "zone" and "Oro kill", then it is high time to make a forum account.

Simply signup for a new account, it should near the very top of the page underneath the banner. I suggest using the same email for your SL character and for your forum account, but the choice is yours, as long as you follow the sign-up instructions, especially the petition in-game part.

You cannot proceed without a forum account at this point in time.

Step 3 - Read the biju rules. Hopefully you have already skimmed them once, but now would be a good time to read read them; due to a lengthy history both recorded here on the forum and archived in the minds of old timers, there are a lot of expectations for a Biju holder.

In particular, check out the light green "Activity Clause" section and the yellow "Stripping a Host" sections. If you do not have the time to abide by the activity requirements, then by acquiring a biju, you are only asking to be "stripped" of it by the Biju Council, the executives in charge of making sure the rules are followed.

Many a player has been hounded by beast seekers for activity reasons in the past, the presence of the Biju Council minimizing the harassment. Do not lose your Biju just because the clock struck a that fateful hour.

Step 4 - Review the current host list, compiled here: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8016.0.html

It may not be up to date. You see all those threads that have the names of biju on them on this board? Click on "All Things Biju" and scroll down below Biju Arena, Council, and Rules/Foundation. There. Hosts are obligated by the Biju Rules to keep those up to date, so you can not only view who has what beast and in what form (hosting or summoning, terminology from the Biju Rules you were supposed to have read by this point) you can also see their "preferences".

Since the reinclusion of IC hunts, there are two main ways to fight for a biju; via a lengthy RP with certain guidelines, or an OOC zone fight with certain limiting conditions. You have the right to negotiate with the host/summoner, but before even making a challenge, try to pick one that has the least amount of stuff you want to change over picking the one with the biju you want.

It is easier to trade with biju as currency than to trade with no biju currency, and you might be surprised who might be willing to knock out your competition in exchange for the biju that you have. Pay attention to these formats, because if you win a biju, you WILL have to make one of your own, and the easiest way to do it is to use already made ones as a template.

Step 5 - Now would be a good time to brush up on the "Forum Account and Challenging the Host" section, because finally you should have enough of the basics to make your first challenge. How to do so is described there in detail, but in short, you have to post to the activity thread that had the preferences and personal message (PM) the player on the game site as well.

This is the part where you also start negotiating terms. As you are new to this challenge thing, you might not know what sort of things to ask about:

~ A profile, a reference page, something that lets you know what character you are fighting and what your character is up against. If your opponent requests this of you and you do not have it, give them a list of stuff your character can do in PM. Beware though, you are expected to only use what you upfront describe OR have publicly available, so having a profile of your own in the end will only make your life easier.

~ Environment is key. I am a Nara, I am going to request shady areas first and foremost, and save the open desert with no dunes for the desert dweller and her camel. Since you are new then you probably do not have as much of a preference, but if you do, try to focus on what you actually like about the place, and try to settle on a location that keeps some of those likes. Usually the battlefield will have a balance between your characters.

~ Where the posting will take place. Fights take place in Biju Arena and they take place on the gamesite's zones. You will want to know where to post when the time comes, don't forget to set that!

~ A list of all agreed upon stuff. And make sure it is public and, if possible, near the place where the fight is taking place (at the beginning of the zone as first post, the first post of a thread in Biju Arena, etc.)

~ A judge, or mediator to solve disputes. Judges help prevent grudges. Try to pick a judge you have met at least once since coming to the game site and can trust to give some impartial feedback on a move. A newbie is not advisable since they might be easily swayed more by persuasion than actual Naruto-verse logic. Happens even to the best of us.

If you cannot persuade the judge no matter what facts you bring to the table, no matter what objectively sound arguments you make, then that is the wrong judge. Period. Half the OOC zone fight, and RPing in general, is persuading the other players that what you typed happened, happened.

Step 6 - By now the fight has started, you are underway, and it looks like you might get a win out of it. Well, before the transfer, I hope you kept in mind the preferences that you agreed to, because if you do win, you will need to create one of your own. Once you become a host/summoner, you might also feel compelled to make a profile or reference sheet for your character.

Narutoprofile wikia is one such place, though I warn you, arm your ad blocker beforehand.   http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Example of a very lengthy page complete with external links to other information:
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Nara#Overview

While the page itself is kind of complex, notice how the "battle" information, the zone reference information, links to another website with a much easier to use posting and page creation system.

http://slsociety.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,2144.msg26863.html

It does not have to be fancy or pretty or Sakura before she cut her hair.

Step 7 - Won or lost, you now know how to challenge and have the basics down. The next section is once you get a biju.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
Biju Holding Phase (draft)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:19 PM »

*If you recieved the beast via strip or gift or other means, this is where you can pick up now*

Step 1 - Pop champagne and pour yourself a drink, you have one of the 9-11 most sought after objects in Shinobilegends. Too young to drink? Have a Sprite or Cola then.  8)

Just don't spend too much time celebrating, there is a lot of work to do depending on where you already are. If you have not made a forum account, then odds are you recieved the beast entirely though gift. You will need to make one ASAP. As long as you have a SL game account and the ability to petition to have your forum account activated that part is pretty easy.

Step 2 - Most of you by now would already have a forum account, but either way, once you have one, you need to post your preferences to the thread with the same name as the biju you now own. It is located in "All Things Biju" board, no sub-board.

Post you preferences as the latest in the entry; preferably all of the previous hosts would also have theirs there too (well, all previous since the thread was made) for recordkeeping sake, but even if they do not, please don't delete your preferences.

Step 3 - The basics on how to RP with your tailed beast blend between 3 extremes:

Friendly ~ Your character and the beast will be primarily RPing to become friends, allies, etc. so that you can try to utilize the beast's power to the maximum. This route is not necessary to fully utilize the power of a summoned biju.

With the power of friendship compelling you, once you attain full mastery, you also can count on the tailed beast to help break you out of genjutsu, provide meaningful conversation and insight, and, provide a connection to other tailed beasts. You can also access tailed beast mode without drawbacks. It is the most popular route for jinchurikii.

Not Friendly ~ Once the only route for those who summon tailed beasts, this is a hate relationship between the beast and host. Jinchurikii at full mastery do still have the benefits and powers of the tailed beast, but generally will have to coerce their beast into helping them in some fashion or another, or may very well manipulate them against their will when necessary.

They also have their own chakra pool pit against that of the tailed beast's when using the power, making it an exchange of power rather than a granting of power.

Because of the negatives, it is the least popular choice, but better fits with characters that would realistically drive a tailed beast in this direction (IE, Madara who sees the beasts as nothing but filthy muppets for his plans, or even Nagato who valued them as a means to an end only).

Neutral ~ Neutral is not as middle road as it sounds. If the tailed beast is more of a trophy than anything else, then characters might not even call on the beast for any reason other than desperation.

These characters hardly interact with the beast (IE, a character who has 2 beasts and plays favorites with the one the character hosts might ignore the summon one) and while this might stir some resentment from the beast, a beast that is regularly transferred from master/host to another might not be interested in getting attached to the host anyways, and thus might prefer this stance, hence it working both ways.

Since part of the activity requirements mandates that you RP in public, RPing with your beast and RPing in public should be mixed in order to kill two birds with one explosively tagged kunai.

Step 4 - Interacting with challengers can be a fun ordeal, IC or OOC, or it can be a precarious one. As the holder of the beast you are entitled to having some of your terms, but not compromising with a challenger in any shape or form is not the way to go about it. The challenger should not have to agree to just your terms or the highway, there should be room for compromise on at least some of your preferences. Treat the challenger as you would have liked to have been treated as a challenger. Or, if you have not been a challenger before, treat them as you would like to be treated as a challenger, as one day you just might find yourself in their shoes.

In the case of IC, refer more to the IC section. For OOC, just bear in mind that the most frustrating thing about a zone fight IC or OOC is usually debating post outcomes, so make sure that confusion about posts is settled before continuing to post on. One misunderstanding can very quickly lead to another, and that compound can explode if not dealt with.

Step 5 - What else is there to say? Handle the challengers fairly, make sure to have preferences, oh yeah! Reference information. When zoning and even regular RPing, it sometimes becomes necessary to reference the manga/anime for information.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia

The naruto wikia is something I would have suggested to look at earlier, but for all its vast resources it is easy to get lost in all of the information. As a result, it is normally easier to search for a particular item first.

For example, in that earlier reference of the drawbacks of fully mastering a beast that hates you as a jinchurikii, search for the canon example I mentioned: Naruto and the 9-tails. You can either search for "Naruto" and then find "Kurama", and then scroll down to abilities, and then click on the "Nine-tails Chakra Mode", and then finally scroll down to "Forms" and read until you find what you were looking for.

Alternatively, you can find information on Naruto's training by searching "Naruto" and then scrolling through his history until you get to the "Fourth Shinobi World War: Confrontation", and then go to the main article for that arc, and then scroll down until you see the picture of Naruto in his tailed beast form, "The Seven Swordsmen Reunited" section, and then finally read until you get to that sentence or two about Gyuki warning Naruto about the risks of using the cloak without Kurama's cooperation.

I kept using "and then" for a point; depending on what you know about what you want to find, you CAN find it, but you might have to do some serious searching. Two much quicker ways to get to the information you are looking for:

1) In the search box, type something like "risks to using Nine-tails power", scroll down until you get a search result that reads like what you are looking for, then click the article. If you are right, then you are at least on the right page with the information and can, if you want, put some of the search items into your browsers "find" function and sift through it that way.

2) Knowing that in regard to Naruto's special tailed beast cloak the warning was given, I start my search with "Nine-tails Chakra Mode" or just "Nine-tails", click on the article for Nine-tails Chakra Mode", scroll down to the picture from the anime depicting the exchange of chakra between Naruto and Kurama while Naruto was in that form, and read the section next to that picture.

Even that required some clicking, but that was much, much more direct than starting out with "Naruto" and going from there. Hence, word from the wise, if you have a particular page that you reference a lot when talking, RPing, etc. bookmark it. The pictures on the wikia are there to help you navigate it, so being familiar with the anime/manga images that are associated with what you are looking for is a great help as well.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:57:56 PM by Eric »

Eric

• View Profile
Starting Template for Biju Preferences
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »

This is a very basic template for biju preferences. Anyone is free to use it.

=============================================================

Host/Summoner Name: Character who is hosting or summoning beast name

Active Notices: Any active notices, such as grace periods, cooldowns, etc.

Mastery: Level of mastery, or notice that character is a summoner

Current Challenger: The current challenger, if there is one

Preferred Judges: Your list of judges that you prefer. For convenience make this for both IC and OOC rules, although if they are different then you can specify.

Challenger History: In my case, I have challengers from the last time I was a host that I can include here. Of course, if you do not still have that list then just keep a list of the challengers that you have had.

OOC Battle Conditions

Pretty self explanatory, these are your conditions for the OOC battle format. I assume that they would be very different than the IC preferences, which may or may not even include a battle.

RP Hunt Conditions

Preferred BGM: List of preferred Biju Game Masters

Preferred Scenario: If you already have a scenario in mind, then go ahead and add it to your preferences, that away right off the bat challengers (and you) have a starting point for the RP hunt. It is to make the RP hunt smoother and give people an idea of what it takes to win a biju through RP. Bear in mind that in general it is a hunter vs hunted situation, but creativity is encouraged.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.