Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Bond between summoned biju and summoner? (discussion)  (Read 3661 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Bond between summoned biju and summoner? (discussion)
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:03:50 PM »

Gyururu brought up a good point in the voting thread for changing the constant hate relationship of the tailed beast summon: as it is currently it is kind of, vague as to how close the two can get. What is "not a close as breath"? When I wrote it I was thinking the idea of self-preservation and unity being different what with distinct bodies, but as can be noticed that did not make it into the actual vote topic.

With that said though, what do you all think the bond between the summoned biju and the summoner should cap at? Considering the time required to fully master the tailed beast as a jinchurikii, it is important that there still remain a boundary line between a fully mastered biju as a jinchurikii and as a summoner.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:04:13 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Bond between summoned biju and summoner? (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »

1) The only kind of bond that a summoner can forge between him/her and a Bijuu, is one of respect earned from the show of strength. Showing any kind of weakness would damage that bond.
2) The Bijuu will not actively try to kill its summoner even when not under Genjutsu or unrestrained by chains of chakra and whatnot.
3) It will carry out the commands of its summoner without being forced or threaten.
4) It does not have the initiative to protect its summoner when he/she is in danger. Even when it is ordered to do so, it will see this as a sign of weakness and become less willing to listen to its summoner in the future.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:50:38 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »

1) The only kind of bond that a summoner can forge between him/her and a Bijuu, is one of respect earned from the show of strength. Showing any kind of weakness would damage that bond.
2) The Bijuu will not actively try to kill its summoner even when not under Genjutsu or unrestrained by chains of chakra and whatnot.
3) It will carry out the commands of its summoner without being forced or threaten.
4) It does not have the initiative to protect its summoner when he/she is in danger. Even when it is ordered to do so, it will see this as a sign of weakness and become less willing to listen to its summoner in the future.

I like the general idea, but don't 3 and 4 contradict each other? If a summoned tailed beast is less willing to listen to the summoner but will not at any point disobey commands (even when for all intents and purposes a free roaming biju) then there is no point in even having it under genjutsu at that point.

I think just leaving it at the "respect through show of force" concept and the beast unwilling to actively defend the summoner would be a better way to go about it. Question is, what is a show of force? Beating off challengers? Winning pokemon battles with it in the battle?

Actually, I kind of like that one. The biju learns to respect you more if you win battles with it called into the fight. Though it can't be any kind of fight like a spar, it has got to be a biju battle.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:59:36 AM »

The stuff that I listed does not dictates how a summoned Bijuu must act. There are no contradiction, as #3 is just stating that, even with the bond between you (summoner) and the Bijuu maxed out, it will only carry out commands. It does not have the initiative to protect you or fight for you. Showing signs of weakness will damage that bond and make the Bijuu less willing to listen to you.

As for building respect through the show of strength, I guess you could do it through one of these several method;
1) Defeat the Bijuu in a battle (includes sparring with your Bijuu). If you obtained the Bijuu through a IC challenge, you start off with the Bijuu already having a certain degree of respect for your strength.
2) As suggested by Eric, Pokemon battles. Show how capable you are as a commander during a Bijuu VS Bijuu fight.
3) Defeating a Jinchuuuriki with the Bijuu.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »

The stuff that I listed does not dictates how a summoned Bijuu must act. There are no contradiction, as #3 is just stating that, even with the bond between you (summoner) and the Bijuu maxed out, it will only carry out commands. It does not have the initiative to protect you or fight for you. Showing signs of weakness will damage that bond and make the Bijuu less willing to listen to you.

As for building respect through the show of strength, I guess you could do it through one of these several method;
1) Defeat the Bijuu in a battle (includes sparring with your Bijuu). If you obtained the Bijuu through a IC challenge, you start off with the Bijuu already having a certain degree of respect for your strength.
2) As suggested by Eric, Pokemon battles. Show how capable you are as a commander during a Bijuu VS Bijuu fight.

This all sounds good to me. Just like Kurama in the show, he didn't acknowledge Naruto as much until being defeated when his chakra was taken and later accepted him during the fight with Obito. If Kurama didn't want to help Naruto, he would have just let him die, but there was conviction that Kurama did what he did.

More or less, the concept here is a good idea on how bonds can be formed and how it will listen and what not....

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:33:26 AM »

Sorry about not responding much much sooner.

I too agree with all 3 of these as far as bond building goes, but after some time (lots of time lol) I kind of have to wonder what the point of building the respect bond is under the current suggestion, and if there is some sort of set gauge to make the "how much respect" less subject to the opinion of the player.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.