Roleplay > Village Square

Chakra Counting

<< < (2/3) > >>

Becquerel:
The general consensus about chakra.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8891.0.html

Ѕhadow:
Until there is a chakra system put in place that everyone goes by (Like any decent RP site has) then SL will never care about chakra since everyone just ignores it or goes by their own system.

Yomi:
While my character may be capable of huge amounts of chakra, I still keep in mind how much she uses and what limitations she has at the moment. In a past RP, Yomi had to dish out high-level jutsus in a battle in Suna and eventually, she felt the strain and had to be out of commission in the end because she was really drained. In her current state, she would be weakened quicker when using chakra because of her 'affliction' wherein she had to constantly expend some of it to keep herself alive.

Anyway, from what I've seen around here, some people keep an eye on how much they use, some don't. It's just how you want to play out your stuff. Dunno if every active RPer will even follow a chakra system if one was implemented. Too much hassle, maybe?

Gyu~ru~ru:
No point in enforcing too many rules and too many systems that needs to be followed while roleplaying. On paper, this would make RP more organized, fair, and fun (or at least less frustrating for some). But in reality, it's cumbersome to have to keep track of how much chakra you have left in each of your current on-going fights. Having to refer to a cost list before you make every move because not all of us can remember how much chakra each and every one of our Jutsu cost. Not to mention some of us may create new jutsu on the spot depending on the situation.

Vail:
That's why for non-IC fights I tend to just assume that no one's chakra is going to run out. Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me anyway, since my style of fighting relies more on low-chakra techniques and lots of close quarters fighting. I used to use a lot of flashy stuff but it's far less fun to spam something like Tengai Shinsei or other obviously chakra taxing techniques to get the win versus picking them apart methodically with simpler techniques. Better for strategic thinking too, in my opinion.

As for IC, though, if I did find myself in a roleplay in which I'm using a lot of chakra taxing techniques, then I'd probably base it on the ranking of the jutsu itself, what it does, its area of effect, etc. I try to relegate my level of OPness depending on whom I interacting with in the first place, so I've been involved in situations that would require that kind of chakra usage are few and far between anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version