Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Centralized Storage for Summoned Biju?  (Read 9888 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Centralized Storage for Summoned Biju?
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:11:22 PM »

Dart made the suggestion of a communal place for summoned biju to be kept in the physical world. While that does seem kind of difficult to manage with what currently exists, if there is interest, we summoners could get together and scrap together someplace. Maybe a Biju Oasis or Clearing or something.

Is there any interest in that kind of arrangement?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Centralized Storage for Summoned Biju?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »

But, why?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 12:11:10 AM »

But, why?

Well, other than the biju rules, since summoned biju no longer hate their summoners indefinitely, then the RP involving them changes a bit, so maybe a place for them to hang out when not in battle was something to toss around.

Course, other than me, Jay is the only tailed beast summoner for the time being, so it's not really something urgent or anything.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:31:51 AM »

I thought they would stay in the Tattoo and could possibly still establish a mental link with their summoner? I would love to still be able to talk to Matatabi.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:33:45 AM »

I guess this can promote an infiltration sort of RP, where someone -somehow- finds where they live.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 03:14:03 AM »

I guess this can promote an infiltration sort of RP, where someone -somehow- finds where they live.

It would be best if that couldn't occur because then that would cause the Hunter to completely circumnavigate the Hunted and go straight for the beast, disrupt the summoning contract, and then steal/seal it.

Dart made the suggestion of a communal place for summoned biju to be kept in the physical world. While that does seem kind of difficult to manage with what currently exists, if there is interest, we summoners could get together and scrap together someplace. Maybe a Biju Oasis or Clearing or something.

Is there any interest in that kind of arrangement?

I like the idea of the Bijū Oasis existing....but the only way to access the locale would be to be reverse-summoned by the contracted Bijū.

Each Bijū could have its own biome/home in which it lives, that it gracefully enjoys and always longs to be there....which could promote into more people wanting to be a Summoner to keep the beastie happy?

And if the Summoner is reverse-summoned, then (s)he only has access to that bijū's specific home so (s)he can't bother the other contracted beasts.

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »

I thought they would stay in the Tattoo and could possibly still establish a mental link with their summoner? I would love to still be able to talk to Matatabi.

A mental link? Isn't that having the cake and eating it too? I was gonna go the summoner route to get all the power right off the bat, but then if you can become besties with a summoned beast, what is the point of a new host waiting literally months to master the biju? All we'd get would be insta break outta genjutsu and not having to expend any of our limitless chakra to get tailed best power. Ain't worth literal months of RL time.
Not hate one thing, but to still be really really close should be another. I'd be shocked if Matabi wasn't a bit sore about getting replaced, or if some other tailed beast felt freedom was just a stomped summoner away.

I like this idea. If non-summoners can't get to the beast, what's the point in not allowing pocket dimension homes for the beasties? The Biju Hint is the only way to steal a Biju IC right now, so I don't see how people can get around that since it's a rule.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 09:10:34 PM »

If you remove the hate you need something else to balance it out, otherwise everybody who's gonna do it will inevitably be besties with theirs in no time at all. Realistically speaking beasts have been lost/gained and swapped around like trading cards -despite all kinds of 'omfg you're my BFF' and promises- so much that they'd absolutely despiiiiise people.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 01:00:02 AM »

A mental link? Isn't that having the cake and eating it too? I was gonna go the summoner route to get all the power right off the bat, but then if you can become besties with a summoned beast, what is the point of a new host waiting literally months to master the biju? All we'd get would be insta break outta genjutsu and not having to expend any of our limitless chakra to get tailed best power. Ain't worth literal months of RL time.
Not hate one thing, but to still be really really close should be another. I'd be shocked if Matabi wasn't a bit sore about getting replaced, or if some other tailed beast felt freedom was just a stomped summoner away.

I like this idea. If non-summoners can't get to the beast, what's the point in not allowing pocket dimension homes for the beasties? The Biju Hint is the only way to steal a Biju IC right now, so I don't see how people can get around that since it's a rule.

Considering she was replaced by the Kyuubi, I'm sure she won't be feeling salty. Anybody else, sure? But the strongest of the Tailed Beasts, with the most to gain by being the container of? There's no question about it.

I don't know anybody that wouldn't want the various chakra cloaks that come with completely mastering Kurama's power. I, personally, would look at someone sideways if they had Kurama and decided to go the summoning route. But that's just me.

And, with the rules stating that a bond is possible through being a Summoner, why would it be so far-fetched that a mental link is "eating one's cake"? How else would you develop the much needed bond between summoner and beast? Sure, I could have Mati be a little miffed, but to express and mend the relationship, I would need the link. You see where I'm coming from?

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

Considering she was replaced by the Kyuubi, I'm sure she won't be feeling salty. Anybody else, sure? But the strongest of the Tailed Beasts, with the most to gain by being the container of? There's no question about it.

I don't know anybody that wouldn't want the various chakra cloaks that come with completely mastering Kurama's power. I, personally, would look at someone sideways if they had Kurama and decided to go the summoning route. But that's just me.

And, with the rules stating that a bond is possible through being a Summoner, why would it be so far-fetched that a mental link is "eating one's cake"? How else would you develop the much needed bond between summoner and beast? Sure, I could have Mati be a little miffed, but to express and mend the relationship, I would need the link. You see where I'm coming from?

1] Shukaku got mad when Kurama suggested that beasts were ranked by tails, so no, it is not a given in my mind that Matabi would not get upset that it was replaced with something "better". Athos had a 6-tails chakra cloak that rivaled the 9-tails, so why not a 2-tails chakra cloak? If I were to dump my girlfriend for someone I thought was "better", then unless she has real self-esteem issues or felt no connection between us anyways, then she is not going to be chill with that. Nobody likes being replaced with a so called better. How would you feel if Matabi replaced you with Athos, whose character by some metric is faster, stronger, and better than your character? Is it that way for real, I dunno, but I doubt your character would take that without insult.

2] Invented a few thousand years ago, Face Time is most useful with reduced distances and little interfering noise. Oh, and make sure there aren't any of those saber tooth tigers around. Jokes aside, you can always talk face to face with your tailed beast. I mean, really? Summon it out of training and have a conversation. Show it your fetishes or whatever. Maybe show some jutsu or give them a visual tour of the village. Use the genjutsu to give them a fantasy land in its head. Telepathy really is not the only way to mend fences you know.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 08:29:43 AM »

1] Shukaku got mad when Kurama suggested that beasts were ranked by tails, so no, it is not a given in my mind that Matabi would not get upset that it was replaced with something "better". Athos had a 6-tails chakra cloak that rivaled the 9-tails, so why not a 2-tails chakra cloak? If I were to dump my girlfriend for someone I thought was "better", then unless she has real self-esteem issues or felt no connection between us anyways, then she is not going to be chill with that. Nobody likes being replaced with a so called better. How would you feel if Matabi replaced you with Athos, whose character by some metric is faster, stronger, and better than your character? Is it that way for real, I dunno, but I doubt your character would take that without insult.

2] Invented a few thousand years ago, Face Time is most useful with reduced distances and little interfering noise. Oh, and make sure there aren't any of those saber tooth tigers around. Jokes aside, you can always talk face to face with your tailed beast. I mean, really? Summon it out of training and have a conversation. Show it your fetishes or whatever. Maybe show some jutsu or give them a visual tour of the village. Use the genjutsu to give them a fantasy land in its head. Telepathy really is not the only way to mend fences you know.

Of course, Shukaku would get mad when Kurama says that, as the weakest it's understandable. And until the Tanuki displays feats that prove better than Kurama's, my mind wont change on the subject. When I mentioned Chakra Cloaks, I was referring towards the canon, in which Kurama is really the only one that matters, given that it exceeds further past that of V2 and possibly even the full transformation itself.

Sure, Athos doing the cloak could provide the necessary increase to rival the nine tails, but that's because of his base speed already being faster than most. The cloak Augments the user's stats, it wont be the same, exact, speed if someone much slower were to access the six tailed cloaked.

Your girlfriend analogy is sound, but nothing about this situation will be expressly genuine, as the entire realm is purely fantasy, a fabrication of several minds to simply give an audience. Now, if she had an actual A.I to communicate with, or if this was actually being played out in real life, things will seem far more real. Since we don't your next try fails miserably to dissuade anything about how I feel of my decision. Especially since I already have an idea of how that conversation is going to play out, whether she was summoned or not.

Sure, I won't argue that Athos is a better character, but as I've demonstrated, as have you, being better doesn't mean unbeatable.

While I understand your ramblings, or jokes as you stated, I don't understand the need for them to be present in this discussion. Yes, I can talk face to face with her, it surely would be the path I would take if a mental link was not agreed upon. Something only you have had something to say about. I don't mind giving up 20% of chakra to summon her to have our chats, but I was think more along the lines of convenience. Why have a blue ball of fire, of any size, roaming around a peaceful village, just so the two of you can have your talk, when the two of you can do it through a link?

Now, I see how my words could make it seem as if I believed that telepathy was the only route, and I apologize for that. But for you to come at me and treat me the fool, is widely unwarranted. I know what my options are, I just want to know if a link is a possibility. An agreement or disagreement by the community, for all summoners of the realm. Sure, this isn't the right topic for that particular vote, but if the Oasis is agreed upon, there would simply be another option that's available to the summoners.

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 01:18:37 AM »

Of course, Shukaku would get mad when Kurama says that, as the weakest it's understandable. And until the Tanuki displays feats that prove better than Kurama's, my mind wont change on the subject. When I mentioned Chakra Cloaks, I was referring towards the canon, in which Kurama is really the only one that matters, given that it exceeds further past that of V2 and possibly even the full transformation itself.

Sure, Athos doing the cloak could provide the necessary increase to rival the nine tails, but that's because of his base speed already being faster than most. The cloak Augments the user's stats, it wont be the same, exact, speed if someone much slower were to access the six tailed cloaked.

Your girlfriend analogy is sound, but nothing about this situation will be expressly genuine, as the entire realm is purely fantasy, a fabrication of several minds to simply give an audience. Now, if she had an actual A.I to communicate with, or if this was actually being played out in real life, things will seem far more real. Since we don't your next try fails miserably to dissuade anything about how I feel of my decision. Especially since I already have an idea of how that conversation is going to play out, whether she was summoned or not.

Sure, I won't argue that Athos is a better character, but as I've demonstrated, as have you, being better doesn't mean unbeatable.

While I understand your ramblings, or jokes as you stated, I don't understand the need for them to be present in this discussion. Yes, I can talk face to face with her, it surely would be the path I would take if a mental link was not agreed upon. Something only you have had something to say about. I don't mind giving up 20% of chakra to summon her to have our chats, but I was think more along the lines of convenience. Why have a blue ball of fire, of any size, roaming around a peaceful village, just so the two of you can have your talk, when the two of you can do it through a link?

Now, I see how my words could make it seem as if I believed that telepathy was the only route, and I apologize for that. But for you to come at me and treat me the fool, is widely unwarranted. I know what my options are, I just want to know if a link is a possibility. An agreement or disagreement by the community, for all summoners of the realm. Sure, this isn't the right topic for that particular vote, but if the Oasis is agreed upon, there would simply be another option that's available to the summoners.

Matabi is not even 2 tails higher than Shukaku on that totem pole. The beasts have no gender last I checked, and the beasts drifted apart in the canon because of Kurama's hierarchy view, valid or no, so while how you RP your tailed beast is your business as long as it does not violate any rules, I personally think it is unreasonable to not have Matabi react strongly to being replaced, even if it is by Kurama.
I mean, if patching up is so important to your character you would think that you would write a reasonable scenario to where summoning in the middle of a peaceful village would not be necessary. Yes, I misunderstood and thought that you meant a telepathy link being the only way, but your point about the cloaks only augmenting already base stats applies to both Kurama's cloak and to any other tailed beast cloak. A rock is not going to become the Flash just with Kurama's cloak alone.
Accuse me of rambling, what does it really matter for either of us? You are going to RP Matabi as you want to and I am going to RP Chomei as I want to, within the area of the rules. There is no rule against the tattoos having telepathy links, no rule against gamey RPing, and too few summoners for there to be a summon biju bouncy house.

I suggest a giant stable with a giant pond that has giant fish so that dolphin head and fire kitty have plenty to munch on while waiting for their draft number to be called.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 03:18:45 AM »

This is why I voted "Nay". Did no one thought about this before voting "Yay"?

My suggestion would be an area similar to Mount Myōboku. Only the summoner would know the location and be able to have the Bijuu to reverse summon him/her to the location.

p/s: I'm aware that Orochimaru found the Ryūchi Cave on his own, but for RP sake, let's just not allow players to discover such location on their own.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 03:31:04 AM »

What is important here is that as long as it is not against the biju rules, you can include a variety of things in your tattoo. You can have a little hologram pop up if you wanna get fancy, the only criteria that MUST be there are listed in the rules, the most important being that it is a signal of the beast, similar to what a jinch would give off because they host a beast.

A centralized place would be controlled access, but it would have to be accessible to more than just the summoner(s), so reverse summoning being the only way in is a no go. My character is all over the space-time continuum right now, but once all those RPs catch up to the present, I'll probably have the 5-tails chill out in some forest or open plain or something. Maybe even the outskirts of Jisiagakure, I have a base near there. Or maybe send it to some forest somewhere.

I figured most people already had some place in the land where the beast was when they were not summoned.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 04:15:33 AM »

An island somewhere then...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.