Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Treasure Room  (Read 3798 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Treasure Room
« on: July 07, 2017, 04:51:24 AM »

You know what every castle needs? A TREASURE ROOM!

Function: Anyone who has access to the dwelling can deposit gold and gems into the treasure room, but no withdraw.
Unique Display: Upon entering the castle, how much gold & gems the treasure room has will be displayed on the top of the page.
Important Note: All loot in the treasure room will be lost when the castle is sold, or no longer has an owner (character expired).

Not too sure if should be included ideas:
Plunder: If Treasure Room has gold in it, plunderers will steal from it instead of the coffers. Even if the Treasure Room has 1,000,000 gold, it will be treated as if it has 75,000 gold when plundered to avoid giving plunderers a ridiculous amount of gold. If gems is deposited, there is a very low chance that the plunder might manage to still one from plundering the castle's treasure room.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:02:00 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Room
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »

Could be an interesting "gold dump", much like the forehead protectors but without diminishing returns.

I'd say there should be more "value" (pun intended) to it.
Not specifically game benefit, but something.

Plunders should not be from those, I'd say that would get abused a lot.
(Build castle, put stuff in, make DK and raid the unprotected one to get gold fast, i.e.)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »

Idea:

On the top of Uzushiogakure & Hoshigakure (the only places you can build a castle?), a message will be displayed;

The Grandest Castles in Uzushiogakure/Hoshigakure is:
<insert name of castle> (Most Gold)
<insert name of castle> (Most Gems)

This will be calculated & updated every 24 hours.

When players click on Local Dwelling, aside from their own dwellings and dwellings that they have a key to, they will also see the two castles that were listed as "Grandest" but with the option to [visit] instead of [enter].

Visiting the castle will take you directly to the Treasure Room (with default picture & description that can't be changed) and display how much Gold & Gems it has. There will also be a counter that displays how many visitor has been here. I am unsure whether the visitor count should be kept/erased when the castle loses its "Grandest Castle" status.

When a player visits a "Grandest Castle", the spirit will become "Very High". Their visit will also automatically be logged and displayed in the Treasure Room as any of the following (random);
<insert player's name> visited the Treasure Room and was awestruck by its grandness.
<insert player's name> visited the Treasure Room and was seen taking pictures of its grandness.
<insert player's name> visited the Treasure Room and was seen drooling at its contents.
<insert player's name> visited the Treasure Room and was taken away by the guards for attempting to dive into the treasures.
<insert player's name> visited the Treasure Room and refuses to leave.

The owner and players who have the keys to the "Grandest Castle" cannot [visit] it.

p/s: I was told that there are a few more villages with castles, but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:07:47 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »

I'd bite for that~
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

Sounds good, though a tad of work.

Visit functions would make up more areas, basically only auto-generated entries with little (ingame) value.
Would need a bit more to it.

As stated above, it takes some effort to program, waiting for the ingame value for players =)

Never judge a cow by its udder.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:02 PM »

How about dirt cheap mercenaries, or dwelling guards, or more powerful traps for the dwelling? I know those seem kind of meager, but it's something. Instead of a "visit" system, what about giving high spirits to the owner only? And then if the position is lost very low spirits for awhile?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

Treasure Room 2.0
Description: The Treasure Room is basically a coffer that you can only deposit gold into but not withdraw from.
Features:
- A display picture of the Treasure Room (can't be changed) & short description (can be edited by the owner).
- Stores a certain amount of gold permanently, but that amount can be expended indefinitely with gems.
- Anyone which access to the dwelling can deposit gold into the Treasure Room.
- 1% of the Gold stored inside the Treasure Room is added to the Global Limit of the player's coffers.
Requirements: Castle.
Cost:
- Installing a Treasure Room cost 100 gems, which allows you to store up to 100,000 gold. Only the owner can install a Treasure Room.
- Expending the Treasure Room cost gems. Every gem expands the Treasure Room's limit by 1000 gold. Only the owner can expend the Treasure Room.
Restriction:
- Only one Treasure Room is allowed per account/character.
News:
- Name of the castle with the most gold is displayed on the front page of the village which it is built in.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:51:25 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 12:51:37 PM »

+1
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »

Would treasury be separated from global limit somehow though? Because if not, you'd get 1000 to global from filling the thing, then 10 after the first expansion, after which you'd be unable to get more.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 01:49:15 AM »

The Treasure Room is supposed to have its own limit which can be expended by spending gems. It's not the Treasure Room's capacity that increases the Global Limit, but the amount of gold you put in it. 1% of the gold you deposited is added to the Global Limit of your coffers. Basically, I was hoping to make this a gold/gem dump & also fulfilling the request of making the Global Limit of coffers bigger.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 04:41:52 AM »

I'm for the idea.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »

I never said capacity.

I said that if the gold put into treasury also counts into global limit, that 100k you would initially be able to put in would fill your global limit instantly. While yes, you could upgrade the treasury limit however many times you wanted after that, the global limit simply wouldn't get high enough if it was only 1%, and you would run out of space without being able to put anything anywhere.

That's why I asked if it would be separate from global limit. I dunno how that would be done, but if it was separate then there would be no problem.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.