Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Committing Suicide  (Read 6659 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Committing Suicide
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:46:52 AM »

This wasn't my idea to begin with, but it is a good idea because as the original thinker behind this idea said, it technically story related.

The idea to commit seppuku when you want to take the easier way out instead of having to use your PvP, or have to go through the forest and waste time on turns just so you can die or you end up running out of turns and still live through everything. This would be on anyone's part to use when they feel like they just can't die for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:47:36 AM by Old Man Xia »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Committing Suicide
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 05:05:45 AM »

This wasn't my idea to begin with, but it is a good idea because as the original thinker behind this idea said, it technically story related.

The idea to commit seppuku when you want to take the easier way out instead of having to use your PvP, or have to go through the forest and waste time on turns just so you can die or you end up running out of turns and still live through everything. This would be on anyone's part to use when they feel like they just can't die for some reason.

There is already a suicide method that doesn't involve PvP or wasting any of your turns. You heard of plundering, right?  You can assign a guard for those coffers in all of the dwellings, waste a plunder on that specific dwelling that has that guard and if that guard is strong enough, you'll die. (You can make it easy to die by nerfing yourself by however possible: such as storing your mount, lowering your HP enough where any high-damage riposte kills you and etc.)

Only problem with the above method is that it messes with your alignment, so if you're a good alignment, be prepared to become evil. Not too mention that the guard you assign to protect those coffers will lose a bulk of their turns.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:12:47 AM »

There is already a suicide method that doesn't involve PvP or wasting any of your turns. You heard of plundering, right?  You can assign a guard for those coffers in all of the dwellings, waste a plunder on that specific dwelling that has that guard and if that guard is strong enough, you'll die. (You can make it easy to die by nerfing yourself by however possible: such as storing your mount, lowering your HP enough where any high-damage riposte kills you and etc.)

Only problem with the above method is that it messes with your alignment, so if you're a good alignment, be prepared to become evil. Not too mention that the guard you assign to protect those coffers will lose a bulk of their turns.

So say as someone like myself on Akihiro being too high in kills can't even die and you tried to use a sitter with high enough attack/defense? The buffs and stuff I have are usable even in plundering, meaning I could have a higher chance of survival.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:13 AM »

So say as someone like myself on Akihiro being too high in kills can't even die and you tried to use a sitter with high enough attack/defense? The buffs and stuff I have are usable even in plundering, meaning I could have a higher chance of survival.

Asides from the insta-kill event and Halloween PvP enemies, there isn't much else out there for high-DK level accounts. With your tenacity to stay alive thanks to your stats, you're correct about there being limited ways to kill a high-level account. I would say that decreasing your HP through getting caught by Gai while trampling sandcastles is one *possible* way to die in those plunders.

I am open to suggestions for a module that has specific functions of killing your character through either a forest event or some sort of village module where the RNG is completely random. (Example: You enter the old church, there is a beautiful and indicate altar where you can offer up your prayers. If the RNG is in your favor, it will grant you turns, gems, favor or gold. However if the RNG isn't in your favor, expect to lose turns, gems, gold or in some cases, you just die.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:48:27 PM by Camel »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »

Good way to start because even if you were to try village events, you gotta keep going back and forth and it wastes time. I'll have to get with the person I was talking to on this and see how we can better the idea first.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »

The only two ways to break inf gamedays that high DK players can pull off is either they can't die to do the whole die>resurrect>die>resurrect cycle, or they die in the graveyard. Being able to kill yourself with a click of a button basically makes that trick way easier to pull off.

If this feature is allowed, then there should be an unavoidable event in the graveyard that instant kill the player. The chances of encountering the event would go up with every resurrection, until it eventually reached 100%.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 08:50:34 AM »

So, high Oro killers can commit suicide and work towards being even harder to kill in-game? Dying to make it harder to be killed?

Personally I think it's a bad idea, especially from what I've read so far. At highest Oro kills and resets (like, 100 Oro kills full reset) I do not see the point in even killing Oro anymore at that point, at lower Oro kills (less than 30) it is pretty easy enough to die in the forest (unsummon dat OP mount, it's a free action) and everything in between really does not need an easier way to die -> revive -> die -> revive as that does not really remove the grindiness of Oro killing once the thrill of the forest starts to get more tedious than adventurous.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »

If you have multi headed dog out, you're kinda screwed. Personally I'd vote for an option to allow the training grounds to desummon non mount companions :P
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »

Yeah no. I'd rather not get screwed 100% at the graveyard so a minority can kill faster, and I'm pretty sure other players wouldn't dig that either.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »

Yeah no. I'd rather not get screwed 100% at the graveyard so a minority can kill faster, and I'm pretty sure other players wouldn't dig that either.

+1

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 05:50:08 PM »

+1

+2
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 10:14:07 PM »

+1

+2

+3

Sitters already get one hit killed in the graveyard.....and there is already a small chance for an 'instankill' event. Just pretend to be a zombie or run and either one can kill you.

I've already asked Neji to allow us to de-summon Fluffy and I don't remember the exact details, but in the end I took it as a no.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »

Only time I ever wished for a suicide button was in the hideout lol Don't see a reason for one otherwise though :o There's plenty of ways to get yourself killed.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »

Same XD

Accidentally going into Oro's hideout make me wanna shoot myself DX
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:01:17 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:25:35 AM »

The only way to die in a oro hideout is when there's a pit to fall in otherwise any good account with the dog out can't die.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.