Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Jay v Rusaku (discussion)  (Read 17422 times)

Jestar

• View Profile
Re: Jay v Rusaku (discussion)
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 02:04:23 AM »

I think Shadow meant biju rules, not zone rules, when he was talking about retro in stuff 600-1.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:52 AM »

I think Shadow meant biju rules, not zone rules, when he was talking about retro in stuff 600-1.

Again, where does it say that the community can't get involved once the fight has started? Is that something I'm just not aware of?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 03:47:37 AM »

I'll wait till Jay posts and see if what was said even matters or not.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Jestar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 04:19:03 AM »

Again, where does it say that the community can't get involved once the fight has started? Is that something I'm just not aware of?

The judge has the final say in all decisions right? Community has no reason to get involved because everything supposed to be settled by the judge or, if need be, the Council. Other than giving opinions, why would the Community need to step in? The judge's call on whether Jay has done anything that would give you the win.
Death and Taxes. Lots of Death and Taxes.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:13 AM »

The judge has the final say in all decisions right? Community has no reason to get involved because everything supposed to be settled by the judge or, if need be, the Council. Other than giving opinions, why would the Community need to step in? The judge's call on whether Jay has done anything that would give you the win.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »

Here we are again, discussing everything that is wrong with Jay’s post.

First I want to address his use of Shuriken shadow clone to create the water necessary for his Owatatsumi. Jay seems to misunderstand how that particular technique works, so I want to clear that up. The water he produces with that technique will not be natural. It’s like saying a regular shadow clone isn’t composed of chakra. Obviously they are; anything created through a jutsu is going to be composed of chakra, save for a few outliers like Kirin. If he had used a nearby lake or something of the like to produce this water, then maybe it would be more believable that the water was natural, but this is not the case.

I also want to look at his claims that the water is highly electrified. The only source for the electrified portion of that water dragon came from 3 lighting bolts Rusaku used to destroy the bombs. If this is in fact the case, there are only two ways this can go.

First is the reality that three lightning bolts applied to 0.3% of Jay’s technique would not be enough to electrify a mile high dragon with numerous ratios that need to be taken into account like height, width, conductivity and many others. There simply wasn’t enough energy to constitute the entire thing being electrified to the extreme Jay is trying to suggest.

The second option is that Jay copied the electricity I applied in addition to the water in order for his dragon to retain those properties. If that is the case, then he has just provided enough chakra to recreate my technique 997 times over and would drain him of all chakra.

Speaking of chakra levels, that is something else I would like to address. For a majority of this fight, Jay has been balancing numerous stacks with no mentions of the strain it would take to do so. He is currently in Raiton chakra mode, Sage mode, Devil Release Mode or whatever, using Mind’s eye and Sharingan, while also sustaining a 500 meter barrier and regenerating an entire limb. With all this active, he then goes on to create 93 million gallons of water and shape it with his Sharingan into a mile high leviathan that proceeds to shoot a blast of water that Jay directly compares to an 8 tails Bijudama. I don’t care who you are, I refuse to acknowledge that anyone in our verse can balance all of those very different techniques with the ease that Jay suggests. Sage mode alone is supposed to be this insanely difficult thing to have and maintain, yet he has this and 8 other things happening at the same time and is experiencing zero fatigue.

Finally, I want to look at his claims of Masane. If we look at a thread I will be providing below, it shows a 13-5 vote that the twins were killed in an altercation that happened in Amegakure.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8558.0.html

This happened in 2015, yet Jay’s claims of “eating” her and getting his like...6th kekkei genkai in 2016. This does indeed lead to some “paradox” as he mentions in his post. Unfortunately, the only paradox has to do with Jay, who was apparently role playing with this girl a year after her untimely death. Though, unfortunately for Jay, he posted accepting her existence. His post has her in mind, mentioning that she would be destroyed by his suiton Bijudama. I just wanted to point out that he is the one who should be worried about his claims.

So to tie this up, I want to ask not only the judge, but also the community: How long am I going to have to deal with this crap? How many times does Jay get to retro post, meta game, god mod, and mess up his own actions before the fight get’s called off and a winner decided? It’s not that I can’t think of ways to kill him or that I’m having a difficult time, but if he is going to continually break the rules to survive, shouldn’t he be penalized? How is it particularly fair that I’ve been abiding by the rules this entire fight, but Jay is not held to the same standard? Look at any competition in history and you will find that the moment one participant breaks the rules, they are disqualified. Sure you could try and use the “it’s a game!” argument, but that just won’t cut it. You can play any sport casually. You can go to the basketball court and play a quick game with your buddies, and maybe break a few rules because you’re with friends. But the moment you step into the NBA, you don’t get to break those rules anymore. It’s an official competition now, not some game of pick up. Biju fights are the NBA in this analogy, obviously.

I want some kind of amendment to the time that this fight can go, or something. A lot of fights have the 30 day rule, then a winner is decided based on the fight thus far. It’s already been like 50 days since the thread was made. Can we put maybe a 2 week timer on it from here forward so this fight can actually come to an end? That’s still 64 days that the fight went on, twice as long as most people have them go. We’re two pages deep now, and will probably be 3 by the end of those two weeks. That’s plenty of fight for Warren to properly judge our ability, seeing as most people get two or three rounds in before that 30 days is up. Have some sympathy for a brother. Look at what I have to put up with here >.>;

Well, here we are again. Let me get on this supposed strain I'm supposed to be feeling. Let me start from the beginning. The Barrier is sustained by the chakra used to bring it to life, not a drain on my chakra at all. Absolutely no strain at all. EMS, no strain at all, same with Mind's Eye. CSM/RNY/DR these can cause strain for someone inexperienced to the power increase. Practice makes perfect and I always practice. Perhaps if I was in this state for more than a few seconds, you can argue strain. But, considering every one of our posts are happening in a matter of 1 to 2 seconds, at the most, I don't think the argument is valid. I'm going to ignore my status as a Jink and look at these feats and I have to say that I'm still capable of doing exactly what I'm doing, with little to no strain. With the energy augmentation that comes with being a Jink, I think this is lowered even more so. You're looking at this post wise, and I'm looking at it in real time and I'm not even sure the fight has been going on for long. The beginning was the slowest its ever been and now we're in the seconds. I haven't been doing anything chakra taxing and with the exception of my passive regen of my arm, my energy isn't being depleting by much. If anybody is being strained, it's you. You've been using the Byakugan the entire time. Unlike the EMS which erases strain from prolonged use, the Byakugan does induce some severe strain and leaves the user unable to perceive their targets. Not only have you been using it, but from my understanding throughout the fight, you've been keeping up with me and your clone as we moved at our high speeds. Even in the short amount of time, you should feel some stress from trying to keep up. But, then again, it's only been a few seconds since CSM entered the picture, so I don't really find much of an issue with you keeping it active or ascending to the Tenseigan.

Let's get onto the lightning situation. Sure, I must have miscalculated the power within your Tenseigan Chakra infused lightning. If it isn't strong enough to be conductive throughout all the water, I apologize, but it doesn't warrant an OOC discussion.

Onto the subject of the water, let me give it a swing. The orbs would filled with natural saltwater from the ocean. Multiplying that takes chakra... not a lot when comparing it to a Jink's chakra reserves. Using Owatatsumi takes control of the water, whether it has chakra inside of it or not. Even if using that technique was straining, I'm currently using Sage Mode and Devil Release, which lessens any chakra drainage I might suffer if I was simply using it sans those buffs. Said buffs also increase the power exponentially. I compared the blast of water to the size of Gyuki's Tailed Beast Wave. The blast I released is strong enough to slice through metals, without the buffs. With the buffs, I up the scale while taking the character into consideration.

On the subject of Masane, I don't even care. It matters not her state of being. Sure, I "accept" her summoning, but go along to say that it couldn't have even happened at all. Showing the amount of fucks I give whether she was on the battlefield or not.

You're saying that I'm godmodding, retro posting and etc, etc, when I'm simply reacting to your posts in a capable way. I'm not magically changing things up when you post something difficult. All this time, I've been appeasing you and your own shortcomings. You're saying that you can think of a way to kill me, then try and do it. I'm not going to simply stand still and let it hit me, obviously. If you do something that I feel that I honestly cant evade, then I'll go ahead and take an L, but you're not doing anything I can't evade. The only thing that I couldn't dodge was Kirin, and I still managed to evade enough of it.

With the exception of my arm, which is slowly (because of the time in the posts) being regenerated, I have not sustained any damage. It's not retroposting that I've given my character what he needs to react at insanely high speeds. Its not metagame to use said skills to in the manner that benefits my character. Its not godmod to use my unvoided/unnerfed skills. The only thing that I "messed up" was the Dust Release situation and I accept that. Wishing for an end when you haven't done anything life threatening is not a good idea for this fight.

I would suggest the whole 15 rounds of fighting scenario that Eric brought up, but the fight has not followed the rules of engagement. Each of our posts would be one minute of fighting each. For the full 15 rounds of fighting we would each need to have 30 posts of fighting, with a post in between for the rest, totaling at 90 posts. However, this option wasn't taken and thus its an ordinary OOC match.

It doesn't matter how long the fight has been going on, when the time in-fight has not even been long at all. Quit choosing to whine after every post and fight. The time would be even longer if I decided to do the same. Opinions about something can be done in post. Serious discussions like the situation with the Wood Release, is the only time when a discussion should be prompted. These discussions are the reason why the fight isn't at the point it should be. I could have stopped the fight for your last post, but I don't care for starting arguments. Again, just try to kill me instead of trying for a decision, since you say you can. There's no time limit in my fight, so you're just gonna have to go for that deathblow. If there's anybody who is more tired of this fight, its me

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »

Okay enough with the trash talk Jay. Rusaku has been contesting solely legitimate issues, and even you yourself admitted having been at fault about them, so he is not just "whining". Hell, he has even specifically chosen not to contest several issues, just because he hoped he could get this done sooner without further drama.

But guess not. Because a judge has to deal and address with all this crap, I will write it out for whoever wants to read it. Whoever does not want to read it however, can just scroll to the end for the TL;DR.

You ARE godmodding, retroposting, "etc etc". Rusaku has been lounging in a hammock while you fight his clones and puppets, taking the equivalent of a nap, which is quite a long time. You even yourself stated each post is roughly a minute or so max. Yet you then immediately try to claim it has all been but a few seconds max.

You also have been for numerous times now using an unexistent hiraishin marker, which you never emoted placing down at any point. You simply "appeared in a flash" at the beginning, then never mentioned placing a marker down much less the supposed mark itself, until you had to repost, after which suddenly this thing had been in existence all along.

Good for you Rusaku chose not to contest that particular bit, but that doesnt take away from the fact you have been retroposting, especially when said marker basically nullified numerous actions of his, as even he stated.

All techniques, modes and whatever require chakra/stamina, without exception. I don't care how good you claim to have become at using some technique, it applies WITHOUT exception. Even if it didn't, your claim of Rusaku's byakugan usage wouldn't fly at all, because he too has practised its usage extensively so it'd be no drain at all to him.

Even Itachi himself who is often called basically the sharingan god of canon, not only needed chakra to run sharingan but he even was shown deactivating it after being weakened and low on chakra. Even a "god" like Sasuke at the last fight against Naruto couldn't activate his, due to low on chakra.

Eternal mangekyo, takes chakra. Only difference is that it empowers mangekyo techniques and no longer makes you go blind.

Mind's eye of kagura, takes chakra. Even wiki itself specifically speaks of requiring its usage. One could even argue you've been using it wrong all this time too, because Karin herself had to always sit still and firmly focus, and depending on what she was looking for it would take a little while as well. Not just a split second activation while on the move to instantly be aware of everything.

Raiton no yoroi, good lord it takes chakra. Your entire body is literally shrouded by a significant amount of raiton chakra throughout its usage, especially ludicrous for the amount of power you've been claiming to get out of it.

Sage mode, if nothing else its a notable mental strain, cause no matter how much of a master one claims to be, they will still turn into stone if they screw up nature energy control. Especially true in your case with you trying to empower it even further with that ultra corrosive chaos stuff.

Devil release, don't even try to BS your way out of this thing not being straining/draining at all. You go to significant detail on the wiki itself of how it uses the users very own soul and life force to power it, not even to speak of how it deals unfixable damage too without a pact with an 'evil god'. Even if I ignore the fact I do not acknowledge "Jashin" to be a deity of any sort with even an iota of my being, devil release is still going to strain/drain you.

So yeah. Add the regeneration on top of all that, and that's quite the collective amount of strains and chakra drains on you active all at once.

And that's without even beginning about the water. You had 0% mastery by the time the fight began, so you gain no benefit whatsoever from Kurama, so all you have is your own chakra. As stated above, EMS only powers up mangekyo techniques and you no longer go blind, so it will still drain chakra to use the techniques proportionate to the power used.

We see as ungodly early as Orochimaru attacking Konoha, that it takes hokage level skill and chakra to conjure enough water for even a simple suijinheki, due to how taxing/difficult conjuring water purely out of chakra alone is. Even with the garbage weather at your battlefield, not only would there be a negligible amount present in the air compared to how much you're trying to make, but it would arguably take even more chakra to extract it to that degree. You're also trying to pull water from the greenery, most of which is Rusaku's forest at this point with his chakra present in it, which you would have to overcome, which would take even more chakra.

So in short, that pulling on natural sources you attempted wouldn't really help your case at all, and just tax your chakra even more.

And then to the actual created water. As aforementioned even for pros who spent their whole lives mastering the element, creating a lot can be taxing. You are claiming to have created almost a HUNDRED MILLION GALLONS, 99.9999999...% from your chakra alone. And then you also claim to control it precisely into a huge dragon in an instant, instead of the explosive expansion of that much water all at once tearing you to shreds.

You cant just stare at something to manipulate it for free, only way you can bend it to your will is sending your chakra over and manipulating it that way. Simpler said, you would also be claiming to specifically precisely control that almost HUNDRED MILLION GALLONS of water. I would like to say something that excessive would melt the eyes from your head and fry your network worse than Gai was by 8th gate, but I don't feel like arguing over your durability/chakra pool/regeneration/yadayada yet again.

So to close up this mess, here's a closing ruling for the combatants and whoever else might be reading.

TL;DR = Due to the plain absurd amount of chakra used, the water dragon is created, but Jay is left drained to hell with only meager amounts of chakra left, and it is not electrified due to far too little lightning present.

If Jay refuses this ruling, then due to the repost having been used up already, Rusaku wins.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »

Jay has requested a 7 day extension to his posting time. In accordance with the Biju rules, it does not appear as if I can decline. His next post is due on the 9th, I think.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »

Jay has requested a 7 day extension to his posting time. In accordance with the Biju rules, it does not appear as if I can decline. His next post is due on the 9th, I think.

• A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.

According to the bijuu rules, Jay himself is supposed to let everyone know about his extension or any sort of absence that may hinder him from posting as scheduled; this is something that *he* also needs to address or otherwise it'll be a forfeit.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:09 PM »

• A Host or Challenger who fails to make a post to the RP match once every 7 days, without posting a notice of absence to the forum host thread in question, will forfeit the match. During this forfeit, the bijuu will either remain with the host, in the event of challenger inactivity, or be transferred to the challenger, in the event of host inactivity.

According to the bijuu rules, Jay himself is supposed to let everyone know about his extension or any sort of absence that may hinder him from posting as scheduled; this is something that *he* also needs to address or otherwise it'll be a forfeit.

Oh shit boi. He came to me about it and I was just letting the people know. If he's breaking the rules then that's his beef, not mine. I'll sit back and watch the plot thicken, if it does at all.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2017, 10:54:35 PM »

If he's supposed to do it himself, unless my math is wrong he's about 1 hour over the 7 day limit at the time I'm posting this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 12:29:04 AM »

In recent practice this would normally be enough to sate challengers and nobody would say anything about it, but as Kamui quoted, technically hosts are supposed to state leaves of absence in the beast thread, which he has not done. This is considered an automatic forfeit which, in the case of this being an active OOC biju battle, would result in the beast being awarded to the challenger. The activity clause is the one of the few rules where a warning is not required before action is taken.

If Jay, Rusaku, or Warren want to take this up to the Council and have us officially talk about it and make a decision then just say the words. Other than that this fight is over by auto-forfeit.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Optimal Saiteki

• Chadley Chadwick, bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 12:47:26 AM »

If Jay, Rusaku, or Warren want to take this up to the Council and have us officially talk about it and make a decision then just say the words. Other than that this fight is over by auto-forfeit.

Isn't that you making a decision, though?
Shouldn't this fall to Warren, as current Judge, to rule on?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »

If memory serves, the overall bijuu rules are something you're supposed to have read and follow without exception, if you choose to be a host of one of the 'official' beasts. So the "I didn't know" isn't a viable excuse.

Jay has also been online during the 7 day period on multiple occasions, even posted a rather sizable post in public at least once. Even if the reason for the extension request had surfaced only after that post, I refuse to believe he would have had the time to specifically log onto SL, much less onto forum and specifically look up Rusaku here to PM him about the extension...yet somehow not have had the time to post a simple one liner of "shit happened, need an extension starting from this point" to the thread.

Unless Rusaku for whatever reason wants to continue this and wait even longer, this fights over with Jay's loss by time-out.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 02:08:31 AM »

From what Kamui and Eric have posted, a bijuu rule was broken that would bring the council into this matter, and i concur with Eric on this ruling that he has forfeited the match.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.