Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 5-tails IC hunt Setup (Eric v Sabumaru)  (Read 16674 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: 5-tails IC hunt Setup (Eric v Sabumaru)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:30 AM »

Sorry for the absence. A lot of real life shit happened in a very short amount of time and I was unable to dedicate myself to the role. I might not even be back for SL very much in general. I will maintain my duties as a host, but I probably can't participate in larger scale events for now.

I hope that everything turns out alright. Best of luck.

It might be better to message them directly on the site. As far as I know Bec and Tomi are usually on daily. Not all of them check the site often; if you were looking to get started quickly.

I'll do it as a last resort.

Will do, thanks boo :*

Have you already messaged some of the others? If not I'll try hitting some peeps up too.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »

It might be better to message them directly on the site. As far as I know, Bec and Tomi are usually on daily. Not all of them check the site often; if you were looking to get started quickly.

Have you already messaged some of the others? If not I'll try hitting some peeps up too.

I hit up Tomi. If you're reading this, hi Tomi!
Feel free to hit up anyone you like Eric.

Sorry to everyone who's waiting for this to start! Lots of moving pieces to keep together. The fun takes work as the old saying goes. God, can you imagine if that was a real saying?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:08:36 AM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 02:18:06 PM »

It might be better to message them directly on the site. As far as I know, Bec and Tomi are usually on daily. Not all of them check the site often; if you were looking to get started quickly.

I hit up Tomi. If you're reading this, hi Tomi!
Feel free to hit up anyone you like Eric.

Sorry to everyone who's waiting for this to start! Lots of moving pieces to keep together. The fun takes work as the old saying goes. God, can you imagine if that was a real saying?

I hit up Kage and Becquerel. If we have more than one say yes then we can have a back-up to keep this from happening again.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »

sum1 plz help us

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 04:23:36 PM »

If Shadow is still up for doing it, then we will have to roll with that. Otherwise we might can have Dart and Soya switch from support roles to BGMs, main and backup respectively.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2017, 04:52:10 PM »

Sure.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 05:03:18 PM »

Sure.

Alright, thanks Shadow. Are you aware of the thread that has been setup for the post, what the BGM is tasked with doing, etc.?

Brief review just in case:

Biju RP Game-Master: A player or set of players that control the non-player elements of the roleplay (NPC's, natural weather, rogue tailed beasts, etc.) and are responsible for keeping the roleplay focused and in order.

GM's will always make the first post establishing the environment... At the beginning of each round, the BGM will post an "update" to the environment in order to facilitate a unified image of the battlefield. If required the judge and the BGM may work together to make sure that the intended post is accurate and, if judge rulings were made, that the consequences of said ruling are incorporated into the post.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9481.msg237020.html#new

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 01:30:13 AM »

I create the initial weather, what zone it's in and so on basically.

------------------

Somehow in my sleepy daze I forgot my brother's wedding is coming up and I don't know if I'll be able to fill the spot in, especially with how close it is.  :sad:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:06:17 AM by Ѕhadow »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:20 AM »

I create the initial weather, what zone it's in and so on basically.

------------------

Somehow in my sleepy daze I forgot my brother's wedding is coming up and I don't know if I'll be able to fill the spot in, especially with how close it is.  :sad:

No worries!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:52 AM »

Sabumaru contacted me and asked me if I could volunteer as BGM for the IC hunt, which I generally accepted.

If I read everything correctly from Eric's rules, I will assume the role of NPC of my choosing and have it spy/witness him out in the open training with Kokuō, which will subsequently alert Sabumaru to his location. After that, well the whole hunt scenario would begin for everyone and my role from there forth would be to witness this team battle that will ultimately decide the winner between dynamic duo of Eric(Dragon Heart) and Soya (Master of the Stink) or uncanny team-up of Sabumaru(Cannibal Man and Dart(Terumi Datō). (Feel free to correct me if I misread anything or missed something.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:46:09 AM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »

Sabumaru contacted me and asked me if I could volunteer as BGM for the IC hunt, which I generally accepted.

If I read everything correctly from Eric's rules, I will assume the role of NPC of my choosing and have it spy/witness him out in the open training with Kokuō, which will subsequently alert Sabumaru to his location. After that, well the whole hunt scenario would begin for everyone and my role from there forth would be to witness this team battle that will ultimately decide the winner between dynamic duo of Eric(Dragon Heart) and Soya (Master of the Stink) or uncanny team-up of Sabumaru(Cannibal Man and Dart(Terumi Datō). (Feel free to correct me if I misread anything or missed something.)

Actually, especially with how long things have taken, we are going to cut to the figurative chase where the various characters arrive in the Graveyard. Following is the scenario:

*Space reserved for agreed upon Elements of the RP scenario*

- Sabu, via his network of informants, knows that Eric is the 5-tails summoner.

Eric and Soya arrive in the Graveyard because of rumors of some of Bocchiere's items (his scythe, amulet, cloak, the Akatsuki rings, etc.) are up for sale. The large presence of merchants, bandits, and the like supports this ultimately false rumor started by none other than some NPC guy named Hizaan. Said character intends on making a fortune pawning off fake, but well gilded, articles from the infamous The Akatsuki member and former Mist Ninja.
As Bocchiere had also run off with an article or two from Kirigakure (if we are going by Bocchiere's old character history) Dart initially arrives to try to ascertain the truth and maybe even get one of these articles back when he is approached by a familiar face, Sabu. Sabu and Dart exchange formalities and, through one sentence or another, the matter of a debt unpaid comes up and the two pair up to look for Eric Nara.

By this point all of the 4 principle characters will either be on their way to or already at the main auction. Bounty hunters, missing ninja, and even a few regular village nin are among the crowd, along with non-combatants like shady business-people, art collectors, religious scholars (jashinist and other), etc. The BGM has a good bit of freedom in who to choose and who to put, but the most powerful characters should be the 4 principle ones, Hunter, Hunted, and the 2 Support. BGM also has a lot of freedom in the characterization of Hazaan, but it should fit the motif of a successful scam artist of some caliber pretty well.

Once all 4 characters are at the auction location, the auction begins, starting with a warm-up item of an old, worn cloak with the characteristic Akatsuki pattern claimed to have been the last thing worn by the former ninja, possessing cursed powers that would make one just short of immortal for wearing it along with the other items. It then proceeds to a ring set that has a striking resemblance to the authentic Akatsuki rings. Then a scythe that looks much like Bocchiere's, but functionality is decreased due to "wear from battle". This sort of thing can go on for awhile, but ultimately ends with the presentation of a jar containing the "immortality fluids", a mixture of Bocchiere's own bodily fluids and the very chemicals needed to make one a jashinist immortal. The cream of the crop is actually the entrails of some animal placed in goo, with some blood red dye thrown in for effect, but since the true nature of the chemicals would be unknown to everyone in the audience, this particular item would be wildly contested.
While all of this is going on, among the crowd are the 4 principle characters. Sabu and/or Dart, whichever is a sensor, at some point senses the residue 5-tails chakra coming from Eric's tattoo. Now how they approach is entirely up to them, be it outright interrupting the auction with an attack, attempting to more subtly maneuver, or attempt to bid on an item that Eric bids on, that is more or less up to them.
As the Hunted of the group, Eric and Soya would have reasonable reason to have a lookout in case of attack; this is a pretty shady location, after all. They, however, initially do not know who would attack, when, or for that matter where until the attack materializes. Only if given a reason (as decided by a judge if necessary) should they specifically suspect Dart and Sabu.
From there, if the Hunters wait for the auction to close out, then as the crowd disperses, Eric and Soya will be leaving with the general crowd, it thinning out as they get farther from the auction area. On the other hand, if they interrupt the auction, then the BGM decides how the crowd reacts and how Hizaan reacts, though in general while Hizann and the patrons will not be happy that the auction is being interrupted, a great enough show of strength (as decided between judge and BGM) will be more than enough to disperse them.
Since the rules forbid the Hunted from just leaving the area, it is reasonable to say that if it comes down to a fight, the participants must either kill/capture each other or convince the other party to stop fighting. Sabu's character, from what I read up on, does not seem the reasoning type, but as I have said before, Eric is a pretty low-key guy, and has no shame giving up a tailed beast if it means his life.

Your overall duties are for more than just being a witness:

Sure.

Alright, thanks Shadow. Are you aware of the thread that has been setup for the post, what the BGM is tasked with doing, etc.?

Brief review just in case:

Biju RP Game-Master: A player or set of players that control the non-player elements of the roleplay (NPC's, natural weather, rogue tailed beasts, etc.) and are responsible for keeping the roleplay focused and in order.

GM's will always make the first post establishing the environment... At the beginning of each round, the BGM will post an "update" to the environment in order to facilitate a unified image of the battlefield. If required the judge and the BGM may work together to make sure that the intended post is accurate and, if judge rulings were made, that the consequences of said ruling are incorporated into the post.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9481.msg237020.html#new

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »

Huh, thought I missed out on some of the guidelines that I will following for this bijuu match. I figured that I was only acting as a gamemaster and wouldn't be involved in anything that is related to the job of the judge. However, despite the complexity of this hunt, I am still willing to volunteer my time until this is over and done with.

From reading the other thread, I will make the second post and describe the environment, from there it will continue down the line until I am up again for a BGM post. Which shouldn't be much of hassle for me, unless something occurs later on in the month that will eat away any free time that I have and if that happens, I'll be bummed out like I usually am when I have to be an adult.

Which leads me to this final question: if the BGM misses the four-day deadline for a post, who will do that BGM post or will the post from the BGM be skipped?

PS: I am ready to start whenever you guys are.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:50:04 PM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »

If the BGM misses out on the deadline, the intention would be for the backup BGM to step in. Lacking that, a new one would need to be found.

And by all means, go ahead and post. We are really off schedule as it is.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2017, 11:48:22 PM »

Okay, at this point, it seems pretty clear that an IC hunt is not really going to be happening; so, keeping Athos as judge, we could just switch to an OOC battle (1v1 or 2v2) with the same regulations we set up with the addition of the action limit rules from the IC hunt.

How does that sound?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2017, 01:39:35 AM »

Seems like there's a lot of hurdles you're putting up in front of yourself.

Go back to the days of old where you only need a judge to make decisions.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.