Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Super: Broly  (Read 3139 times)

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
Dragon Ball Super: Broly
« on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:58 AM »

Whats your thoughts on Broly being the main antagonist in the new upcoming DBS movie, or just the movie in general? I think its a perfect chance to take a good concept and rework his motivations to fix the polarization his character brings to the DB community.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Super: Broly
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »

Motivation wise, it's clearly a money grab. Is that a bad thing? Nah, fanservice may seem cheap, but it gets people in seats, and is still hype. Vegito was dope in the Goku Black arc, but the retcon was upsetting. Female SSJs were cool, then having one be a Broly-esk character was cool. Like, Super has been giving us fan service again and again, and I'm not upset, because it's at least somewhat interesting.

But therein lies the issues I can foresee. Is Broly's reboot going to be interesting? Just because they are bringing him back does not mean it's going to be good. They made two broly movies after the first, and they were garbage. So there is a real possibility that hes going to suck in this movie too. Animation wise, this is the best looking anime movie of the year, but the story is just as important. How are they going to explain away the fact he wasn't picked for the tournament of power? Are they going to reference the clear relationship between him and Kale? How is freeza involved with him? Is Beerus or Whis going to have knowledge on this person? There are a lot of ways that this movie can fall flat on it's face.

One thing I might like to see, is an attempt to make Broly a part of the show. In true DBS fashion, they may try and have anime episodes dedicated to this movie once the show comes back. If they do that, and the events of this movie become even more solidified in the universe, we could see a much more fleshed out character. Would he be a good guy after? A reoccurring villain? If he's strong enough to push Goku and Vegita, will he ever face off against Jiren? What kind of power scaling is there going to be? If he's a villain, how is it that he's this strong? These are all question I imagine will be answered within the scope of the film, but that wont stop me from asking them in the meantime.   

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 03:21:11 AM »

I felt Bio Broly was a disgrace to the original as it turned into Swamp Monster the Movie.

I was always a bit of a fan of the original Broly and hope the reboot/canonization of him will be even better than the original.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:32:11 AM »

Motivation wise, it's clearly a money grab. Is that a bad thing? Nah, fanservice may seem cheap, but it gets people in seats, and is still hype. Vegito was dope in the Goku Black arc, but the retcon was upsetting. Female SSJs were cool, then having one be a Broly-esk character was cool. Like, Super has been giving us fan service again and again, and I'm not upset, because it's at least somewhat interesting.

But therein lies the issues I can foresee. Is Broly's reboot going to be interesting? Just because they are bringing him back does not mean it's going to be good. They made two broly movies after the first, and they were garbage. So there is a real possibility that hes going to suck in this movie too. Animation wise, this is the best looking anime movie of the year, but the story is just as important. How are they going to explain away the fact he wasn't picked for the tournament of power? Are they going to reference the clear relationship between him and Kale? How is freeza involved with him? Is Beerus or Whis going to have knowledge on this person? There are a lot of ways that this movie can fall flat on it's face.

One thing I might like to see, is an attempt to make Broly a part of the show. In true DBS fashion, they may try and have anime episodes dedicated to this movie once the show comes back. If they do that, and the events of this movie become even more solidified in the universe, we could see a much more fleshed out character. Would he be a good guy after? A reoccurring villain? If he's strong enough to push Goku and Vegita, will he ever face off against Jiren? What kind of power scaling is there going to be? If he's a villain, how is it that he's this strong? These are all question I imagine will be answered within the scope of the film, but that wont stop me from asking them in the meantime.   

Yeah those are all good questions. Since Toriyama says not only is the scope of the movie going to be greater than the previous ones, but it'll spend alot of time covering the past. So I believe we won't be left disappointed when it comes to answers. I've got confident that his character will be alot better come this time around, especially since hes actually trying to get his editor's input.  I'm excited to see Broly become a part of the Super cast if they decide that they won't kill him off (Super seems to not like killing off for good the really marketable ones, we see that with Frieza)

I felt Bio Broly was a disgrace to the original as it turned into Swamp Monster the Movie.

I was always a bit of a fan of the original Broly and hope the reboot/canonization of him will be even better than the original.

Yeah, they just didn't know what to do with his fame so he eventually evolved into literally just a blob of muscle that kills for no reason. His wasted potential as a character was a constant stain upon the DB legacy. But as a big fan myself, I have high hopes for the new take on his character as it seems like they are puling out all the stops on this movie.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.