Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Humanoid Summons  (Read 2515 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Humanoid Summons
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:56:02 PM »

So, it's a simple question. Is there any rule against having a summon that is humanoid? This might seem weird, but I was trying to brainstorm certain concepts to increase diversity in my characters, and a new type of summon was one that I came up with. Looking through the different beasts that were claimed, I see things like Golems, Oni, and apes. All of these can be custom made to appear human, with the qualities of their particular class. The most prevalent example would be monkeys. Enma is essentially just a regular ninja with a lot of hair and a tail.

So would anyone care if someone made - oh lets say - merfolk? I realize that there are individuals and techniques that create what may as well be merfolk already (Kisame is the prime example) but that's why I'm just using this as a rough outline. Most summons at base are sophisticated enough to have entire cultures, like the toads or whatever custom animals people have come up with. So would it be that big of a deal to create a summon that while shaped like a human, retain qualities that clearly make them different?   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
Re: Humanoid Summons
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:08:07 AM »

I don't believe having a humanoid summon would be an issue, there are both custom and canon humanoid summons already in existence. As long as its treated as a different creature (along with other reasonable expectations of a summon), you sir are golden.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »

I personally don't have much objection myself. If say you wanted to do something like forest spirits that inhabited old trees and were humanoid, could be interesting.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 06:10:30 AM »

I personally don't have much objection myself. If say you wanted to do something like forest spirits that inhabited old trees and were humanoid, could be interesting.

https://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Ents

Well, do I have a summon for you...
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.