Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Potential inactivity: Jay Nara  (Read 6232 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Potential inactivity: Jay Nara
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:11:16 AM »

I'm posting this to bring attention to the fact I can't find any public activity of Jay, the current host of the two tails. I have checked the Villages, and the Fight zones through Sannin level. If anyone can provide evidence of Jay posting somewhere I may have missed, please do, otherwise I would like to motion for a strip. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Potential inactivity: Jay Nara
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:07:11 AM »

I last posted, July 10, 2018, in my dwelling since I'm still in that dimension.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:08:09 AM by JayJay »

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:10:09 AM »

[07/10 07:56am] <未来> Mr. Jay rubbed the back of his head, concentrating intently on his thoughts. He knew not why he was waiting to go home, but had continued to train himself to not be wasting the time he was spending there. The man would absentmindedly scratch at the nape of his neck, not sure what he was even doing now. +
[07/10 07:58am] <未来> Mr. Jay He would growl lightly, walking off into the distance. Until he was ready to leave, he would work more on what he knew, believing that anything else he was to create would have to wait until he returned home.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:31:53 AM »

While I appreciate the presentation of some sort of activity, I must reference the activity clause of our established Bijuu rules.

"Hosts must make a RP post in public once every 14 days while not engaged in an active challenge. Hosts who fail to do this will have their bijuu stripped by the council."

Emphasis on "In public"

I would appreciate if someone from the council can chime in, and decide if Jay's use of a private dwelling for RP is valid as activity.   

Edit: Also, reading the activity you've presented, it does not appear at least that you're engaged with another player within this dwelling. Can you confirm or deny?   
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:33:28 AM by Rusaku »

-Jeffrey dahmer

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:38:41 AM »

I am not with anybody else in the dwelling as it is a different dimension they cannot go to. But, if you would like, since I am pretty much finished with my training, I can return sooner. But, if an RP post is all that is needed, I did post on the main board in Uzu. It isn't me, considering the circumstances, but it can be considered a post for activity since I didn't post in the Bar as I usually do.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:44:20 AM »

[07/12 10:16am] <未来> Mr. Jay |Somewhere in the world, some kids were playing by the river...

That's the post I made last night, in response to Sugoi's post.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 05:14:25 AM »

Uzushiogakure at 11:03pm EST, excerpt:

(1d7h) Sugoi nodded, pushing himself back to his feet. He'd grab his coat and pull it on, the replace his sunglasses and pick up his cloak and mask before accepting the packet from the small woman, "Sure thing. Should have it in a day or so." he replied, and began to show himself out, giving her a firm -
> (1d7h) Sugoi - pat on the shoulder as he passed, "Oh, would you let the woman in charge know I'm heading back her way? And tell the kids not to play by the river." he added, seemingly completely serious, despite the fact that the two sentences had nothing to do with each other, and he made no mention of -
> (1d7h) Sugoi - who the kids in question were.
> (16h45m) <未来> Mr. Jay |Somewhere in the world, some kids were playing by the river...

There is no need to debate IC or OOC here, but given the context and from what you've said in this thread, is that really a RP post?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 05:18:44 AM »

(1d7h) Sugoi nodded, pushing himself back to his feet. He'd grab his coat and pull it on, the replace his sunglasses and pick up his cloak and mask before accepting the packet from the small woman, "Sure thing. Should have it in a day or so." he replied, and began to show himself out, giving her a firm -
> (1d7h) Sugoi - pat on the shoulder as he passed, "Oh, would you let the woman in charge know I'm heading back her way? And tell the kids not to play by the river." he added, seemingly completely serious, despite the fact that the two sentences had nothing to do with each other, and he made no mention of -
> (16h45m) <未来> Mr. Jay |Somewhere in the world, some kids were playing by the river...

There is no need to debate IC or OOC here, but given the context and from what you've said in this thread, is that really a RP post?

I meant it to be, considering my circumstances. Which was why I chose it to react to the man's post instead of making it something separate.

I wanted a few extra techniques to be finished before I made my return, but I don't want to encounter this situation again, so I'll just do so.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 05:21:21 AM »

In Jay's defense to some degree, I have made similarly "lazy" posts as activity on my own in order to fufuill my activity quota, but it was always my actual character, sitting in a zone inviting a challenge.

Example: Rusaku sits down atop the roof of a building within the empty township and waits for incoming challengers, fluctuating his chakra so he can be found.

While even that is more involved than Jay's post, I still got guff from other players for being lazy. So I'm not exactly a good example. 

I don't personally like the idea of it being an NPC post, and not Jay himself, but I'm not familiar with what the rules actually mandate in that regard. I'm interested in your take, Eric. I also want to hear about the private dwelling RP being considered public activity and if it fulfills the aforementioned quota.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:30 AM »

According to our current rules, there HAS to be a PUBLIC post that the Host/Summoner posts about. As far as I’m aware, this means it has to be the individual in charge of the beast in order to allow IC paths to play out as need be. Not NPC posts created by the person.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:12:41 AM »

According to our current rules, there HAS to be a PUBLIC post that the Host/Summoner posts about. As far as I’m aware, this means it has to be the individual in charge of the beast in order to allow IC paths to play out as need be. Not NPC posts created by the person.

This has always been my understanding as well, but I was also gone for a number of months and didn't know if my memory served correctly, or if there had been some kind of shift in interpretation.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 07:14:52 AM »

I meant it to be, considering my circumstances. Which was why I chose it to react to the man's post instead of making it something separate.

I wanted a few extra techniques to be finished before I made my return, but I don't want to encounter this situation again, so I'll just do so.

Ok.

In Jay's defense to some degree, I have made similarly "lazy" posts as activity on my own in order to fufuill my activity quota, but it was always my actual character, sitting in a zone inviting a challenge.

Example: Rusaku sits down atop the roof of a building within the empty township and waits for incoming challengers, fluctuating his chakra so he can be found.

While even that is more involved than Jay's post, I still got guff from other players for being lazy. So I'm not exactly a good example. 

I don't personally like the idea of it being an NPC post, and not Jay himself, but I'm not familiar with what the rules actually mandate in that regard. I'm interested in your take, Eric. I also want to hear about the private dwelling RP being considered public activity and if it fulfills the aforementioned quota.

Don't get me wrong, length is not the factor as long a it passes for actual roleplaying and not just chatter or something of that sort.

https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9118.msg232145.html#msg232145

As far as the rules go, if you search for the acronym "RP" (Match Case) you can see all of the instances in which it is used in the current set of rules. From that you could say that in general, RP as far as the rules are concerned refers to the stream of events that influences characters in the SL RP world, IE, IC events. It does not per say have to be the player's own character that they are playing as, as long as it's a post that is a part of the public RPing sphere. That is how I am looking at it at the moment.

If you want to speak on the spirit of the rule, a few forum searches can probably dig up more information on that.

In the "Forum Account and Challenging the Host" section, the terms "host" and "challenger" are regularly used to refer to players rather than characters. As a result, as long as it is verifiably Jay the player making the public RP post, then as the rules are written, the RP post is valid.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »

I do have to address the issue if we allow this event to take precedent. The reason we have the activity rules at all, referring to public posts, is to ensure that beast hosts are available to find in RP. At least that's what I see as the "spirit" of the rules as you refer, Eric.

If we allow NPC posts to be considered activity, then what's to stop someone from demanding the need for an IC hunt, refuse to allow orchestrated hunts like with Sabu and you, lock themselves away in a pocket dimension, and continue to post forever as NPCs to keep up with their activity.

There are no rules that require you to accept a manufactured hunt RP, so now as a challenger, you're forced to somehow gain the knowledge that this person is a host, assuming they've even told another player IC that they have the beast. Then, if you can even make it that far without RL months of time spent trying to travel from one village to another and actually gain the information without meta-gaming your way, you're immediately stone-walled by the fact they are camping inside a pocket dimension with no way to access it. Because then if we allow access to peoples pocket dimensions without their consent, we're opening a whole new can of worms.

This is a situation I don't feel like we should simply let pass, because like I said, it will set precedent for future hosts.     

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 12:02:26 AM »

I do have to address the issue if we allow this event to take precedent. The reason we have the activity rules at all, referring to public posts, is to ensure that beast hosts are available to find in RP. At least that's what I see as the "spirit" of the rules as you refer, Eric.

If we allow NPC posts to be considered activity, then what's to stop someone from demanding the need for an IC hunt, refuse to allow orchestrated hunts like with Sabu and you, lock themselves away in a pocket dimension, and continue to post forever as NPCs to keep up with their activity...

Hosts can't demand the need for an IC hunt and refuse to allow orchestrated hunts because:

...Players cannot hunt and capture a biju IC outside of a biju hunt. If the host is killed in a RP unrelated to the biju hunt, then the biju will go to the Biju Council. There are no guarantees that the biju may go anywhere else after that (IE, challengers who challenged for a biju OOCly or IC hunt do not necessarily get first picks if this happens), but the Council must grant the biju to a player no later than 2 months after the biju first gets into its possession, unless a tournament or other event is on-going for the beast.

A host cannot require an IC hunt without abiding by the orchestrated guidelines and negotiating with the hunter(s). A hunter cannot just up and ambush a host IC outside of a biju hunt and immediately get the beast by unsealing or what have you.

Whether or not hosts or hunters have been taking this into account in the past few months is beyond my current knowledge, but OOC fights are still the most popular for good reason.

However, if you want, you can propose a discussion/vote on a rule change explicitly stating that the post requirements for activity must be IC with the biju holding character.

Biju Rules Workshop:
https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8578.msg225815.html#msg225815
https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8578.msg224647.html#msg224647
https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8578.msg224651.html#msg224651

Inactivity proposal for RP items:
https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8868.msg229056.html#msg229056

In-Match Activity Requirements:
https://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8830.msg228508.html#msg228508

These are a few prominent examples I have regarding how Activity rule posts are considered. What are the thoughts of the other Council Members? So far the count is:

Dart - Activity RP posts cannot be NPC posts
Eric - Activity RP posts can be NPC posts

After doing my bit of research though, I'm leaning more on Dart's position than my initial one.

JayJay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »

In all honestly, I wasn't completely aware that my thing was set solely on IC Hunt, I thought it was OOC/IC, giving the option and I'd just been ignored the entire time. >.< I'm not one to refuse anything, but I haven't been challenged and could have easily took a break from the sabbatical on the pretense of simply needing a break from that hot dimension.

And I understand what's being said, and agree wholeheartedly with Dart/Rusaku on the topic of posting. From this point onwards, I'm more than willing to make IC posts wherever they may publicly be... and will be adding the OOC thing to clear up my own confusion.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.