Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: The Elephant in the Room(Hirashin Debacle)  (Read 3233 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
The Elephant in the Room(Hirashin Debacle)
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:25:50 AM »

I was trying to avoid bringing this to the forums but it seems to be the only way to get this settled properly, since I can't talk about it site-wise. Recently Tomi has gone on another one of his 'Hiraishin Spring Cleaning' sessions that he goes on every couple of years. Honestly, putting aside any personal feelings that I have on the matter, one universally accepted rule on SL is how to handle Canon Jutsu. This is why we have The Claimed List, so that we can avoid having a single person monopolize any given technique the best that we can, and that goes for Hiraishin. We all know the 'rule' about Hiraishin that Tomi had created but it was never agreed upon, not the same way that we had to talk about Edo Tensei or formed a Bijuu Council. When it comes to canon abilities on the Claimed List, it doesn't matter what any one individual wants to do or if they want to keep it to themselves, the whole purpose is to avoid that sort of thing.

In a heated message received from Tomi, it sounds as though he's attacking my claim to Hiraishin personally for some multitude of reasons but I've nothing to prove. For years Tomi had been gone ICly, where any sort of self imposed rules wouldn't have mattered, regardless of how I learned the ability. Which, was through several different ways, from learning it from different users to eventually creating my own. That's the beautiful thing about how things work on the site, once you learn an ability you can do as you please with it, unless it is a person's custom jutsu. And this is not one of those situations. There was nothing that stopped me from creating my own scroll, one that I used to RP for literal years, and just because it is an issue to Tomi now doesn't make any of it illegitimate.

The only problem I see with my Hiraishin is that it stops Tomi from holding it over my head like some sort of threat, or just erasing me from the list without an hassle. I don't understand why we can't continue going on our ways like we have for years. It is only a problem because it can't be monopolized the way that someone wants and that's silly. All of this is silly but when it is messing with people's RP, I've no choice but to say something.

I just want to get this talk out of the way and get this settled. Hopefully you see this Tomi and reply soon, so this can be over and done with.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:27:25 AM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: The Elephant in the Room(Hirashin Debacle)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:32:09 AM »

In the middle of writing up an apology to you in SL, Athos and will attempt to get through things reasonably.

I owe you a genuine apology and I'm attempting to express it, then get to the meat of the matter. I'm genuinely sorry, been ... angry about things.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 04:32:52 AM »

In the middle of writing up an apology to you in SL, Athos and will attempt to get through things reasonably.

I owe you a genuine apology and I'm attempting to express it, then get to the meat of the matter. I'm genuinely sorry, been ... angry about things.

Alright, I'll lock this topic then and look for the message. I'll talk to you soon.

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:38:58 AM »

Once things have been settled between parties, please post an agreement/compromise (here) to serve as proof and be the gist of the final content to be posted in the wikia. By then, the wiki admins can unlock the page to be edited by the users again.

Hope everything will be straightened out soon.

I'm a straight up villain.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 07:02:15 AM »

Tomi and I have talked about this situation and it has been resolved. The Hiraishin list is going to stay the same for the most part, save for the fact that Hazama and Keito will be unlisted from underneath Athos' taught section. Besides that, everything has been cleared up and the rest can be sorted out by other parties involved(if there are any other problems).

Tomi will post soon to confirm this as well!

And just because I've got a great sense of humor xD
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:09:37 AM by Athos »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 07:10:51 AM »

Athos and his students are to be listed as an extension of Bocchiere's line but also have the unique 'privilege' of having been wiped from Darkshinobi's list via the rp event, but virtually instantly relearn it from bocchiere's scroll, and the continuing his own as Athos has signed both Darkshinobi's and Bocchiere's learning scrolls.

Also Athos, post it, you know what I want ... Post it again, please.

Congratulations on all those who survived Tomi's Purge.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:11:51 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:33 AM »

I aint even ashamed of this

Though, I do believe the wrong pic was used

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

Glad to know this has been sorted out. Good job, boys.

Flying Thunder God Technique page will be unlocked shortly and registered users will be allowed to edit it again.

I'm a straight up villain.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.