Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
 on: February 13, 2020, 05:40:41 AM 
Started by Eric - Last post by Iburi Ray
I’d like to issue a challenge for the Bug.

on: February 07, 2020, 01:56:39 AM 
Started by JayJay - Last post by JayJay
I just noticed Kamui hasn't been online in 15 days, so I'm gonna hold on to the sandy boi for him.

Err...I posted in the mission headquarters a day ago, I believe. But if you wish to spar/fight for it, I will have no issues with that, but from what I read in your post. You're just holding it for me lol?

However, I apologize in advance for not notifying anyone about the current situation I am in and I'll let you know right now. I have recently underwent minor surgery in my spine a month ago to fix some nerve damage and had some injections done on my spinal disk two weeks ago to combat some inflammation that was causing all sorts of problems with my life, which explains my prolonged absence on SL. To go into further detail, I had real bad inflammation in my spinal disk that was causing me immense pain and there was slight nerve damage that was a proverbial double-whammy of pain. Now since I am not working until my rehabilitation is done, I'll be more active from here on forth and I am willing to work with you on any compromise to this situation, which I regretfully didn't inform anyone of.

It's up to you, though what you want to do from here. We don't have an active council at this moment and usually they handle problems like this. No council for redistribution means that claims are on a first come basis from here on now. So I don't want to step on anyone toes on this claim and I am sure you don't want to cause problems by pulling the rug from underneath my feet. I just want a polite discussion and hopefully a compromise can come out of this debacle that I created.   

That's unfortunate to know, and I'm sorry you have to go through that, the pain I mean. I'm glad that you had the surgery to fix it and I'm glad that it was successful.  And yeah, no worries. I was just holding it for you because you had been gone, not wanting someone else to grab hold of it. But, the prospect of a spary spar butters my biscuit, so we can have one of those. To pass the time and wet my washcloth.

The whole experience was a pain in the ass and even though I have no more back pain. I have this persisting pain in my left leg that is result of the inflammation pressing against one the nerves that is in that region. Which is why I have to go to rehabilitation therapy until that tension and pain is completely under control.

Alright, cool. I wasn't sure if it was a direct claim, hold or what, so I had to ask to be sure. I'll mail you on the server and we can talk more about that spar and what not.

No problems there. I get on probably every day.

on: February 04, 2020, 06:30:44 AM 
Started by JayJay - Last post by Camel
I just noticed Kamui hasn't been online in 15 days, so I'm gonna hold on to the sandy boi for him.

Err...I posted in the mission headquarters a day ago, I believe. But if you wish to spar/fight for it, I will have no issues with that, but from what I read in your post. You're just holding it for me lol?

However, I apologize in advance for not notifying anyone about the current situation I am in and I'll let you know right now. I have recently underwent minor surgery in my spine a month ago to fix some nerve damage and had some injections done on my spinal disk two weeks ago to combat some inflammation that was causing all sorts of problems with my life, which explains my prolonged absence on SL. To go into further detail, I had real bad inflammation in my spinal disk that was causing me immense pain and there was slight nerve damage that was a proverbial double-whammy of pain. Now since I am not working until my rehabilitation is done, I'll be more active from here on forth and I am willing to work with you on any compromise to this situation, which I regretfully didn't inform anyone of.

It's up to you, though what you want to do from here. We don't have an active council at this moment and usually they handle problems like this. No council for redistribution means that claims are on a first come basis from here on now. So I don't want to step on anyone toes on this claim and I am sure you don't want to cause problems by pulling the rug from underneath my feet. I just want a polite discussion and hopefully a compromise can come out of this debacle that I created.   

That's unfortunate to know, and I'm sorry you have to go through that, the pain I mean. I'm glad that you had the surgery to fix it and I'm glad that it was successful.  And yeah, no worries. I was just holding it for you because you had been gone, not wanting someone else to grab hold of it. But, the prospect of a spary spar butters my biscuit, so we can have one of those. To pass the time and wet my washcloth.

The whole experience was a pain in the ass and even though I have no more back pain. I have this persisting pain in my left leg that is result of the inflammation pressing against one the nerves that is in that region. Which is why I have to go to rehabilitation therapy until that tension and pain is completely under control.

Alright, cool. I wasn't sure if it was a direct claim, hold or what, so I had to ask to be sure. I'll mail you on the server and we can talk more about that spar and what not.

on: February 02, 2020, 10:12:59 AM 

on: February 02, 2020, 03:43:07 AM 
Started by JayJay - Last post by Camel

on: February 01, 2020, 10:06:26 AM 

on: January 31, 2020, 06:42:31 AM 
Started by Eric - Last post by JayJay
The man was torn between the two options and could not come up with any decision on how to proceed. He absolutely wanted to do both, but knew that it would be quite a difficult task. We may have to.. His thoughts would be ultimately drawn towards the sensation of his plethora of FTG markers in the human world. The Limited Zone had developed a hole in it and he immediately knew this was the invitation to retreat from the world, lest he truly become stuck here.

He could sense, while he hadn't been noticed by the fighting dragons around him, as of yet, the explosion from earlier did not result in any casualties and was mostly being absorbed. He wanted that draconic power of absorption and tried to use his Mind's Eye to focus on the flow of chakra of the ability. Based on his ability of Pulse Shaping, he was finely attuned with the flow of chakra and how techniques were constructed through them. The anatomy of a dragon was much different from the standard humanoid's though, so it would take many trials to succeed in replicating the ability. Finding Eric and Pyro is a must right now. He told his partner and quickly located the Grandmaster's chakra signature, noting that it was just as 'in use' as his own. Pyro's was still barely a blip on his radar, making a mental note that he might get bit for allowing him to get captured.

He would act swiftly, vanishing from his spot once again. This time, he was in pursuit of Eric and Pyro. As long as the bridge between their worlds remained open, he would be able to get both of them home, already know exactly which location he wanted to escape to.

on: January 28, 2020, 06:11:00 AM 
Started by Eric - Last post by Eric
The dragons would be able to deal with the explosive release chakra using their collective chakra absorption technique; as previously mentioned, counterattacking with standard ninjutsu would be rather limited due to the chakra absorption abilities of the dragons. This meant that Jay's attempt to wound/startle Reibi and the dragons would be unsuccessful as the chakra would be drained from the explosive release attack.

Reibi in particular paid notice to Jay's relatively impressive speed using the body flicker technique; knowing that he would require considerable reinforcement to sap Jay of enough chakra quickly enough to disable him that way, Reibi sent out a warning via chakra communication that Jay, and by extension his assistant Strythio, were enemies. Once done with this, Reibi would turn to the other dragons in the Strateg

"Of the strategic blunders that I have made today, failing to resecure this fort will not be one of them! Head to the prisoner's room and ensure that his companions do not escape. Remain on guard; he is extremely fast."

Meanwhile outside, Draco's forces had been completely driven towards the Spyral Gates. Between the horns, chakra was concentrated and stabilized into a large portal, with tendrils reaching out and grabbing Draco's forces by the 3's and pulling them in. The portal led to outside of the Zone, but Draco's forces defiantly attempted a breakthrough towards the ground. This would be halted in no small part by the physical presence of the larger Reibi force. Realizing that they had enemies in the camp, the army decided that dealing with Draco and his dragons had top priority; once done with them (2 turns) they could then turn their full attention to supporting Reibi.

They would not immediately notice Jay body flickering back out into the open.

Since Jay had appeared near the Spyral Gate, he would be capable of seeing the tide of the overarching battle turn against Draco's forces. As the Spyral Gate led to the outside world, Jay would probably be able to sense any space-time markers from outside of the realm as well.

Pyro could feel the deathly grip of his bleeding quarry begin to slip, just enough for him to forcefully wrestle himself free. Though it would leave a wide gash along his afflicted arm, now freed from that, Pyro could maneuver to attempt to restrain the other dragon, though he only succeeded at this point in moving his neck out of the killzone.

That was quite fine from Eric's perspective; no longer having to maintain the walking on shadow technique remotely, he could focus on putting an end to the engagement. Eric could also sense a temporary reconnection to the shadow seals back in the ninja world, a consequence of the Spyral Gate's opening. Funneling shadow imitation chakra to his sword, Eric leapt forward and stabbed downward, seemingly going for the last opposing dragon's body when in fact he aimed for his shadow in an attempt to bind him (Kagemane Shuriken no Jutsu; Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique).

The dragon of course would not just sit there and allow itself to be attacked twice; seeing plainly that Pyro was now free, the dragon would sink its claws into Pyro's body and hurl him towards Eric. The dragon would then follow this up with a blast of its fire breath, by now having deduced that Eric had the ability to use shadows as a sort of physical defense against his attacks.

on: January 21, 2020, 08:24:08 AM 
Started by Eric - Last post by JayJay
The young Nara was more than grateful for the abilities of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, because he was able to use it's precognition ability to read the dragon's lips mere moments before he was finished. He wouldn't use that to his advantage by mimicking Reibi's words, but he would use it to prepare for the fight, setting his shadow to devour as many of the scrolls in one go before the lightshow.

Still with his hand on the wall, he would use his immense strength, Strongest Shield and sharp speed to set his attack into motion. As soon as Reibi was finished speaking, he was digging his fingers into the wall, ripped his hand from the stone wall in a wide swipe that would cover the entire area. As he did so, the rock burst from the wall and followed his hand in a screen of debris. In the midst of his arc, he would ignite the room in the boom, the swipe of his hand would angle the resulting explosion inwards, the majority of the attention being focused on Reibi. He was aware that it wasn't going to outright kill the dragons, but with their intentions being to drain his chakra, it would soften the blow to their senses.

Fortunately for him, he was closest to the threshold of the doorway, so he would us his speed to swiftly Body Flicker out of the room. He would eventually reappear in the midst of his previous location, the residue of his chakra tree still strong to his senses. [Find Eric and Pyro or eat Reibi to gain more knowledge of dragons and their lore? Choose?] Matatabi would bellow in his mind as he made his reappearance, already coursing her chakra through his being for the choice she knew he was aching to take.

on: January 16, 2020, 01:14:36 PM 
Started by Eric - Last post by Eric
Reibi's chakra would fluctuate as his attention was divided between what Jay was saying, what he was doing, and the overall battle. Sure, Jay had a point in that the information had to be protected, but Draco's forces were still relegated to the air while his forces had all the ground control. It was at this point that he would also take into account an apparent breach near where Pyro was being kept, having lost communication with some of the dragons left to guard him.

All of this summed up to the decision that Reibi would make next as the scrolls slipped from the current plane and into the shadows. His chakra flow very briefly stopped before resuming normal flow again; the forces outside had their orders and their chain of command. Right now, for Reibi, the greatest threat in the area was Jay.

Reibi shouted as an order,
"Drain him of his chakra and seize him! We cannot allow him to escape!"

While leaving the Limited Zone would be a task, Jay would have no trouble sensing his marker on the ever brightening corpse of the deceased dragon. His window for taking advantage of it without risk was dwindling though, as the ever convoluted signs of a jutsu began to take place, funneling all of the earlier chakra and technique formulae into the massive spire-like horns. The previous earthen cover around the horns would begin to crumble away, revealing a near blinding light that would temporairly blind and startle Draco's forces.

No doubt still having his Mind's Eye active, Jay's familiarity with space-time ninjutsu (having employed two different but conceptually related ones) would suggest to him that Spyral Gate was the horns, and that whatever jutsu was required to trigger it had been, well, triggered.

In the meantime, the 7 other dragons in the Strategic Room had their orders; while by this point it would be too late to stop the shadow jutsu using their chakra consumption abilities [Reference reply #28 for the last time this ability was utilized], they would be able to deal with Jay's explosive release chakra. Just as the scorch release fireballs had been quickly extinguished by this move, so too would the webbing out tendrils of explosive release chakra; assuming Jay did not do anything, he would find his own strength begin to rapidly drain, though with Jay's likely sizeable chakra pool at this stage of his life it would take far more than a few moments (IE, more than 2 turns) for his chakra to be drained to the levels that Pyro had been drained to earlier. Not to mention there weren't as many dragons engaged in the technique this time.

However, the chakra consumption would limit his options for counterattack, as standard ninjutsu attacks would just have their chakra rapidly consumed.

Meanwhile, despite being in great pain, Eric noticed the other dragon going for Pyro. Eric once again utilized the walking on shadow tehcnique, but rather than on his own shadow, he instead used it on the conjoined shadow of Pyro and his dragon attackers, particularly areas of contact. After all, the shadow curse allowed Eric to manipulate the cursed shadows (a level of the curse was noted to have been on Pyro back in reply 22), and though there was a dragon on fire in the room, the close proximity of Pyro to his attackers mean it was highly likely that their shadows were connected at some point. While this wouldn't have much of an effect on the dying dragon's grip, it would keep the attacking dragon from piercing Pyro's skin with his teeth as the shadow would remain solid despite the great pressure.

It was a stopgat measure at best though; Eric restored the walking on shadow technique on his now bleeding feet as well. Still holding onto his sword, Eric had to take a moment to gather himself and focus on his next plan of action. After all, he had intended the walking on shadow technique to only be used on himself in a fashion akin to walking on water; the forceful and rather determined attempt by the other dragon to pierce Pyro added odd variables to the jutsu's maintenance. 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 13 queries.