Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: The Official Dissida Topic  (Read 1691 times)

Maria

The Official Dissida Topic
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »

Since nobody is posting in the other topic, I decided to make one for all new news on it.

Previous topic: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,5412.0.html

And guess who was reveialed today! http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/zbxe/news_user_gamenews/978710

Maybe SE will have a new trailer at TGS with them in it.

Edit: Why is nobody posting?

Anyway, better picture of the same scan: http://www.gamekyo.com/images8_4_28968.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:44:25 AM by Maria »

AkatsukiUchihaStrife

Re: The Official Dissida Topic
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:19:44 AM »

Nobody's posting cuz not everyone is pee-their-pant excited about it. Not to be rude or anything.
I mean, I'm excited enough, but I probably won't be able to get it either way.

So, what FFs have characters in this? >> << >>

Maria

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:27:02 AM »

Nobody's posting cuz not everyone is pee-their-pant excited about it. Not to be rude or anything.

It's alright. I know most of the other regulars on this site don't normaly play it.
Only 1-10. Though someone hacked into the Official site and found data on FF11 and FF12. So maybe they'll be in as secret characters.

I'm personaly hoping Gilgamesh is in this. I'd like it if he was a secret character, but if he's in as a non-playable story boss, I'd be fine with it too.

I posted that on GameFAQs and won a 100 internets. I'll have to find the actual quote though >>

AkatsukiUchihaStrife

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:38:43 AM »

It's alright. I know most of the other regulars on this site don't normaly play it.
Only 1-10. Though someone hacked into the Official site and found data on FF11 and FF12. So maybe they'll be in as secret characters.

I'm personaly hoping Gilgamesh is in this. I'd like it if he was a secret character, but if he's in as a non-playable story boss, I'd be fine with it too.

I posted that on GameFAQs and won a 100 internets. I'll have to find the actual quote though >>

Aw, I never win internets! And it would be cool if Vaan was there too. I also woulda liked Marche and Luso from the Tactics Advances. But I can't have everything.

Gilgamesh was fun; but not what I want out of a secret boss. Though I need to fight Yiazmat or whatever in XII still.

Maria

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:49:19 AM »

Aw, I never win internets! And it would be cool if Vaan was there too. I also woulda liked Marche and Luso from the Tactics Advances. But I can't have everything.

Gilgamesh was fun; but not what I want out of a secret boss. Though I need to fight Yiazmat or whatever in XII still.
I found the quotes:

Gilgamesh. Maybe not as a secret character, but as a non-playable story boss. It would explain why he has the fakes in XII from FF's he wasn't in.

..............CHRIST, it WOULD explain that!

Or at least where he learned what they look like, and without stopping to think "those are probably the only ones of their kind", ran off and found replicas and stole them!

THAT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL BONUS MODE IN DISSIDIA. Collect the weapons of the main characters!

GAH. Above poster gets 100 internets.

-Surge
Meh, Vaan, to me, was anoying. I like Bathier better >>

Maria

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:34:00 AM »

Sorry for the Double post, need to bump this topic

Here's the picture of the extracted data:

Kisame

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »

man i really wanna get this game  :D  :D  :D

Maria

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 01:10:40 AM »

Looks like Luneth is going to be in Dissidia after all! As an alternate costume

http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_29009.html

More Cecil and Goblez screens

http://www.gamekyo.com/images1_4_29009.html

Pictures of the checkerboard layout (it's the way you pick your opponents).

http://www.gamekyo.com/images4_4_29009.html

Cecil using a sword (I think)

http://www.gamekyo.com/images5_4_29009.html

Yay for repeated screenshots!

http://www.gamekyo.com/images6_4_29009.html

More on the Checkerboard map!

Dissidia's divided into stages, each taking place on its own checkerboard-like map.

You'll move your character around like a pawn, picking up equipment and potions on the map and fighting whenever you stop adjacent to an enemy pawn.

To move around on the map you'll need DP, or "Destiny Points".

You earn more DP by defeating non-boss enemies, and the more DP you have at the end of a stage, the more bonus stuff you'll get.

The boss of the stage is usually on the other side of the map, and what's worse, your energy isn't refilled after a battle, so grabbing items on the map is important.

A side note about the non-boss enemies, Duckroll from NeoGAF pointed out that they are Imitation versions of other characters. For example a screenshot in the latest scans show the Warrior of Light next to an enemy pawn that says lvl2 Imitation Kuja.

Gilgamesh has a chance! Wh00t!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 01:24:56 AM by Maria »

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 02:47:32 AM »

Cloud still isn't comfirmed?

Maria

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »

Cloud still isn't comfirmed?
Nope, probably so all the other FF's get their chance to shine first.

They'll probably reveal him last (as well as Seph's artwork)

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 03:11:01 AM »

Hard to choose from Zidane, Kuja, Cloud, Keffka, or Terra. >__>

Maria

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 01:26:01 AM »

Hard to choose from Zidane, Kuja, Cloud, Keffka, or Terra. >__>
Actualy, Celes still has a chance.

I heard that a Almano art of her has a cape on.

What I'm worried about is how Bartz would look. Though from the, ahem, 'Butz' shot of him, it looks like it might be his sprite's outfit. It would be a good choice too, as Sprite Bartz is more recongizable than Almano Bartz.

What I'm hoping is that at TGS we'll get a trailer with all 20 characters, but no official artwork for the new ones. Then in the magazines, show the artwork of the 6 remaining Heros and villains (Bartz/Ex-Death, Terra/Kefka, and Cloud/Seph) each month and a alternate costume for one of the already revealed characters each week (as I think there are at least 20 weeks left until the realease date).

Maria

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 02:02:03 AM »

Teh dreaded double post! Oh noes!

Garland vs. WoL gameplay vid, Cecil's and Goblez's full artwork, and the tabs for FF V, VI, VII (no artwork yet) on the official website.

Maria

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 05:54:13 PM »

Triple post...

Terra, Bartz, Ex-Death, and Cloud were confermed at TGS today/yesterday. I don't have pictures as I'm on a school computer and my internet at home is being stupid, so once I figure out what's wrong, I'll get more info on it.

There is a picture on the Wiki article, but that's all I can find right now.

Edit: Just went to the FFwiki. Cloud has his original hair(wh00t!), Bartz has brown hair(sweet!), and Terra...has...Blonde hair!(*sobs*).

Edit 2: Lalalala...Post people post!

The whole cast's artwork! Plus three CGI pictures (Kuja(he has pink nails!!!), WoL, Squall, and Sephiroth we've seen in different pictures, but not Mateus(who looks a little creepy) or Terra(well duh! Though they did capture how she should look really well).

I'm actualy liking Blonde Terra, though Green is still better...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:40:25 AM by Maria »

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.