Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Rob the Bank  (Read 2669 times)

Zacharei

Rob the Bank
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

I think this would be a nice feature for people who have evil alignment, to go and rob the bank. It would take away from your alignment, you may get a lot of gold,. or you may not get that much gold just a chance. You also get a chance of being thrown in jail.  So how would you do this... maybe have a hook into the bank, and have a chance of either you rob the bank, get a set amount of gold, or go to jail. Their could be other things that happen. You slip on your way out and find a gem. You end up tripping and lose some health points but are able to get away from any entity of the law.

ShinoAburame

Re: Rob the Bank
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

We would need to make a jail? >>

Zacharei

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

Well the two ideas I've suggested already have modules for them, so really all he'd have to do is edit the modules, which doesn't require as much time, as planning for a module, and writing it. Merely he would have to take time to upload them onto the server, but than again since their already their. This is more of voting if he would or not. I like the idea, but my opinion doesn't matter that much, compared onto yours.

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »

I like the idea, but my opinion doesn't matter that much, compared onto yours.
And why the hell not? We're all people here.
And I think its a pretty cool idea also, of course there well be details that'll have to be worked out. But overall a good idea.

SuperSeal For President!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 04:33:15 AM »

No to this for one this idea was subjected and rejected, for one everybody has their gold in the bank, so if it does get robbed then a certain percentage must come ut of everyone's deposit in the bank, and what if their is no money? You get nothing and the Guards automatically kill you. ^^

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:22 AM »

I know the existing modules "rob the bank" and "jail".

Jail is highly buggy, and also a bad thing. I will not imprison people for an entire gameday there.

also, the bank  is safe haven for the money - coffers can and will be robbed, and should.

But given the amount of players here and the circumstance that there is only 1 bank... we would need an extra counter "robberies - please go there" ...

If modules exist, there is a good reason why I have not chosen them =) 90% are so poorly programmed they are unusable for me.
The remaining 10% are divided in "can't use due to setting" and other things. See module list.

Also, your option is a guarantee for "get evil" and "get tons of  gold"
People will try to rob the bank at level 1 - get tons of gold, get highest armor+weapon and that's it...
at higher levels they won't bother.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »

Jail is highly buggy, and also a bad thing. I will not imprison people for an entire gameday there.

also, the bank  is safe haven for the money - coffers can and will be robbed, and should.

But given the amount of players here and the circumstance that there is only 1 bank... we would need an extra counter "robberies - please go there" ...

If modules exist, there is a good reason why I have not chosen them =) 90% are so poorly programmed they are unusable for me.
The remaining 10% are divided in "can't use due to setting" and other things. See module list.

People will try to rob the bank at level 1 - get tons of gold, get highest armor+weapon and that's it...

What about that idea awhile back about the clan coffers. I believe I missed verdict on thay.

SuperSeal For President!

ShinoAburame

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »

What about that idea awhile back about the clan coffers. I believe I missed verdict on thay.

Do you see them around? >>

thecrazyanbu

• happy place
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »

No to this for one this idea was subjected and rejected, for one everybody has their gold in the bank, so if it does get robbed then a certain percentage must come ut of everyone's deposit in the bank, and what if their is no money? You get nothing and the Guards automatically kill you. ^^

i remember i only lost 20 gold when i was robbed in another game.although i was robbed a lot of times.
shikkifujjin 
i refuse to spread it

i shall merely start it and continue on till i am bored
Hiro
"Your mom" jokes are like viruses. They die, but when they sense the right moment occurs, they come back to life and infect people.

Kisame

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »

i don't like this idea very much

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »

why do you say that...?

Rather than just posting this why not also give a reason?

For example:

I myself don't really enjoy this idea, seems rather difficult to handle, and like neji said he's going to have to drop the number of people online at once, which can actually drastically reduce the amount of activity.

Kisame

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »

why do you say that...?

Rather than just posting this why not also give a reason?

For example:

I myself don't really enjoy this idea, seems rather difficult to handle, and like neji said he's going to have to drop the number of people online at once, which can actually drastically reduce the amount of activity.

oh sorry, right well i don't like the idea very much because like neji said the coffers is a safe haven for money and i wouldn't appreciate my money kept getting looted from the bank and also you can already plunder dwellings there seems not much need for this module

Zacharei

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »

Thanks Neji(Oliver) or (NightBorn)... for replying to my message. I guess I've never been one to balance a game very well, and put much thought into it, I've always pushed my story and roleplaying further than the actual game. I always thought that in a text based game it should told more using a story, sadly with lotgd code... you'd have to come up with a whole new system... and I really can't do anything like that, though I'd really love to learn how to create something like that one day.

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.