Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stuff?  (Read 3729 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »

That's the existing module, and yes, it's pretty much broken.

I'd rather write most stuff anew than use existing ones.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shinku

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »

Okay, so let me speak on new stuff. Oddly, before I was flamed mercilessly, I had intended to post new ideas. However, I came into contact with the intar webz probluhm.  So let me start listing off some "possibilities" for new "stuff".

Well:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Suggestions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shinobilegends, has been the game that follows the Naruto anime, not manga. Right? That was the reason why there are little to no references of Akatsuki, Madara, etc. Or what if the bosses were ever changing, like in LoB?

So why not now, that the anime has revealed Akatsuki and such, simply edit the name "Orochimaru" to Madara? Kabuto, naturally, can stay the same.

On the subject of the time skip, what else became relevant? The bijuu. SO why not add in-betweens Manda and Kyuubi? The nine bijuu. We technically have the 9 tails, 2 tails, and 1 tail. What about the other six?

More special events.

There was a creation of the "fight Kyuubi" thing.  What if there was a similar boss fight for lower ranks, that the higher ranks cannot fight? It could be called "chuunin exams" and feature one fight against one of the members of the exams, such as Dosu, or familiar characters from before the time skip.

By new items, I meant a change of old ones. What is a Genin's throwing hammer? When did the Genin get a throwing hammer? Would it not be easier to utilize traditional Japanese weapons? They are ninja: Daggers, wakizashi, bombs, wire, etc.

As for new items? Why not make the Anko shop more prevalent? Make fusion of items more fun by adding variety. What if I mix the powders of Flash Bombs and Smoke Bombs...do I get a Flash bang that automatically escapes from a deadly enemy?

Which reminds me...how rare are recipes anyway?
---> Please note, I could always come up with more recipes, etc. This is a musing and is simply a "draft" of sorts.

Bring back the bar. ;~;

Change the village set up?

Ninja Central can be changed to the Land of Iron, I believe that is the name of the Samurai place. Anyway, don't feel like researching.

What of the 5 great ninja nations? Konohagakure, Iwagakure, Kumogakure, Kirigakure, and Sunagakure? We can swap names. Iwa can become Ame, then the creation of two other nations and races follow. Right now, probably the most popular village is Kumogakure, I am sure people would love to choose that land as their race.

Afterall, there are more than enough stats to receive buffs from being a citizen of a certain village. All that really has to happen, is Iwa becomes Amegakure and Iwagakure becomes an actual village. And so forth.

Ninja missions:

Ichiraku's Ramen has the random sensei that sends you off on a mission. What if every country had a bar that allowed this. Maybe each mission was slightly different than the ones in each country. Maybe a mission in Konoha is defeat the bandit in the forest. Maybe Suna's is protect the Caravan from a giant scorpion. Afterall, simply musing.

Speaking of Suna. When will the item shop actually sell items?

And on to the history of SL.

Remember the war between Kiri and Suna? I loved that. Most of my friends loved it. It was loads of fun. Why can't we do it again?

Admission:

I know, this is a lot of work. And I know many of these ideas have been presented before. But then again, so has the suggestions for new KG. But lets put it simply:

There are tons of players on SL. And many who would be willing to help with these changes. They could prove to be a saving breath for the game and be more likely to bring in people serious about the Naruto based RP, instead of neko vampires looking for a "date".

I think it could be fun...

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »

Woah, that was a fair bit, and now this reply will take a bit to, but get ready before I, "flamed mercilessly." ^^

Okay, actually before I start, you've got some possibaly good ideas, but they'd need more fleshing out, not just, I think we should have this shiny ball! But not much after that.

Shinobilegends, has been the game that follows the Naruto anime, not manga. Right? That was the reason why there are little to no references of Akatsuki, Madara, etc. Or what if the bosses were ever changing, like in LoB?

So why not now, that the anime has revealed Akatsuki and such, simply edit the name "Orochimaru" to Madara? Kabuto, naturally, can stay the same.
Why Madara? Give some ideas what he would do, what the new Texts would be? Abilities etc... In the Anime, if I remember correctly, he as only just taken over.
I still personally think Pein/Nagato would be a good one, and it makes so logical sense to.

On the subject of the time skip, what else became relevant? The bijuu. SO why not add in-betweens Manda and Kyuubi? The nine bijuu. We technically have the 9 tails, 2 tails, and 1 tail. What about the other six?
I'm not sure I understand this? Could to please further explain? in-betweens?

By new items, I meant a change of old ones. What is a Genin's throwing hammer? When did the Genin get a throwing hammer? Would it not be easier to utilize traditional Japanese weapons? They are ninja: Daggers, wakizashi, bombs, wire, etc.
So agree, but Neji and the staff would need more ideas, so I guess they'd love lists.

As for new items? Why not make the Anko shop more prevalent? Make fusion of items more fun by adding variety. What if I mix the powders of Flash Bombs and Smoke Bombs...do I get a Flash bang that automatically escapes from a deadly enemy?

Which reminds me...how rare are recipes anyway?
---> Please note, I could always come up with more recipes, etc. This is a musing and is simply a "draft" of sorts.
Again with you, I've never seen an Recipes for sale, and I have some once that randomly change every five minutes. But that idea was insteresting, you should post some on the area for recipes.

Bring back the bar. ;~;
YES!

Change the village set up?

Ninja Central can be changed to the Land of Iron, I believe that is the name of the Samurai place. Anyway, don't feel like researching.

What of the 5 great ninja nations? Konohagakure, Iwagakure, Kumogakure, Kirigakure, and Sunagakure? We can swap names. Iwa can become Ame, then the creation of two other nations and races follow. Right now, probably the most popular village is Kumogakure, I am sure people would love to choose that land as their race.

Afterall, there are more than enough stats to receive buffs from being a citizen of a certain village. All that really has to happen, is Iwa becomes Amegakure and Iwagakure becomes an actual village. And so forth.
Now this is a hot topic, that has been requested many times. The biggest things that keep coming up is why? Why do we need more villages, what we have is pretty much good.
The other things is, what would go in the these village? what shops and other thing to add on will there be?
Maybe Hoshi could be changed to one of the others etc.
But I do like Nin Central being the land of Iron.

Ninja missions:

Ichiraku's Ramen has the random sensei that sends you off on a mission. What if every country had a bar that allowed this. Maybe each mission was slightly different than the ones in each country. Maybe a mission in Konoha is defeat the bandit in the forest. Maybe Suna's is protect the Caravan from a giant scorpion. Afterall, simply musing.
Could happen, but who really uses the missions? But it's alright, more ideas could work.

Wow, hopefully I didn't go over board there, but you do have some good ideas! Keep it up dude!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:27:11 AM by Ice »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »

I think we are behind the anime/manga storywise by quite a step, though it's hard to change the basic system and game setup based on the current events there :-/ one of my problems.

Same with fighting Orochimaru.

Once I have stuff done on LoB I will check back what we can do, the suggestions are nice.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shinku

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »

Here's the thing. My ideas, still need to be worked on.

Nextly, the nine bijuu as mounts would be great, is what I was saying.

Regardless, the "fleshing out" would be something I would rather speak on with actual admins. one on one. If rejected, what point is there to "flesh out" these things. Regardless, I shouldn't have to "submit example text" However, I believe I did in fact state that Madara could use the Izanagi technique to "escape being killed" - if it is not there, I may have accidentally erased it.

Shops? Well, what kind of shops would you want? All of the villages have nearly identical templates.

Did I not give examples of new items, recipes, etc.? Again, the above - why should I display each and every one of my ideas now? Especially at something that is hypothetical? Regardless, thank you for the critique and if the matter is pursued, then I will gladly post as many ideas as humanly possible.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 12:57:13 AM »

Yes, something should be done with the Bijuu, but what? Just as mounts is boring, something fun should be done!

But you need to give ideas now, and trust me, not that mean people actually look on here.
But if you don't give ideas, why would the Admin want to pursue it further? If you wont share, than they might think you don't have any. They're very busy and don't have time to go chasing people up for them.

Shinku

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

I believe I have posted multiple examples. Anything further is your lack of reading. I understand, I should "have more". But this is a thread posted for other people to come up with things too.

Now, to put it simply. You try to act as if I don't know the routine; however if I am expected to post every idea for the better of Shinobilegends, how will things get done? Shouldn't other players, IE, you - take time to come up with ideas as well.

As for Bijuu. It could be completely possible to ost them as optional boss fights associated with their country of origin. If you are from Kiri, you can have an optional boss fight with the Sanbi. Of course, it's been years since I have coded for a LotGD game, and posting the stat multipliers, etc. would be next for me.

Now, let's talk of rewards that could come from beating said creatures: Special Buffs? Or even better, add to peoples' "Orochi" and "Kabuto" kills with Bijuu kills, and give rewards accordingly. Items, money, gems, buffs, etc.

Now, on to the changing of Oro. Madara..hmm

Simple: Same stats.

All we would need is am avy of Tobi and text changes:

Madara lunges at you with "Moon's Eye Plan"

The continuous effect damage could range from any of the Mangekyou's talents. Let's say "Flames of Amaterasu"

His reasons for escaping death? Rather than hatching from a new egg, let's have Madara use Izanagi at the last second. Hey don't worry, need an entire essay for it? Sure thing, I'll do it. I am a writer, after all.

Why not update the Kabuto pic?? Why not change his attacks, now that he has Orochimaru's powers?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »

Actually I have an idea to help this out, we're trying to discuss multiple ideas in this one thread.
Maybe split them up into separate topics, and that will make things easier.

Just make sure there isn't already a thread for it before you create one if you wish to follow my advice.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.