Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Question about Shadow Clones  (Read 2633 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Question about Shadow Clones
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:46:07 AM »

This isn't really a proposition for rules, but more just trying to figure out how other people do chakra loss for shadow clones.

I've always done it like,"I have 100% of my chakra and make one clone, thus, I have 50% remaining and my clone has 50% as well." Then if I dispel the clone myself I gain back half of whatever the clone has left, the logic being that some chakra had to be expended to make the clones fully functioning body out of nothing. Or if the clone is destroyed by an opponents attack all of the remaining chakra in it is lost. That's how I've always considered it, since it makes you think strategically and actually punishes you for spamming clones.

Are there any other ways people have thought this should work?

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Question about Shadow Clones
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:02:02 AM »

I have come to consider that clones can be granted a certain amount of chakra, usually a proportion measurable by percentage (which, in some regard, is almost pointless from a SL standpoint) such as 50%.

I do not recall having RPed (or voided) a sort of chakra return upon willful dispelling of the shadow clone outside of sage mode, especially if the shadow clone is elemental in nature. Almost always I have reasoned that the shadow clone technique divided chakra equally amongst the clones and the original, so generally splitting one's chakra pool into more than two parts is unlogistical considering you only have (usually) two moves a turn.

I do not use shadow clones very often, as I typically have companions fill in for the general role that the clone technique would have.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:02:29 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:51 AM »

I do not believe there's any chakra refunded for releasing a Shadow Clone. The fact that there's people who can create up to 10 Shadow Clones (simultaneous or not) in context of a battle and still claim to have most of their strength intact is absolutely ludicrous.

Anyway, if I were to toss up between there being a chakra return or not, I'd do so in the latter to discourage people from spamming clones to venture into suicidal scenarios so they wouldn't have to risk their heads.

As a side note, elemental clones can be created using a smaller percentage of total chakra (i.e. 15%).

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:53:36 AM »

I do not believe there's any chakra refunded for releasing a Shadow Clone. The fact that there's people who can create up to 10 Shadow Clones (simultaneous or not) in context of a battle and still claim to have most of their strength intact is absolutely ludicrous.

Anyway, if I were to toss up between there being a chakra return or not, I'd do so in the latter to discourage people from spamming clones to venture into suicidal scenarios so they wouldn't have to risk their heads.

As a side note, elemental clones can be created using a smaller percentage of total chakra (i.e. 15%).

But is there a downside to using elemental clones? Why would you ever use the regular shadow clone then? If we could agree on no chaka refund that'd be fine with me since I never use clones.

Kage

• View Profile

Bocchiere

• View Profile

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »

But is there a downside to using elemental clones? Why would you ever use the regular shadow clone then? If we could agree on no chaka refund that'd be fine with me since I never use clones.

Shadow Clones are capable of sustaining injuries and remaining intact (to an extent), though Elemental Clones disperse much more easily.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:07 AM »

Shadow Clones are capable of sustaining injuries and remaining intact (to an extent), though Elemental Clones disperse much more easily.

Ok ok o:

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 07:26:22 AM »

I wouldn't hold that to be true in the case of Mokuton Clones.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 07:28:12 AM »

Yeah, what attacks are capable of breaking wood?!?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »

Attacks on the manhood I am afraid.  :(

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »

You can't give the Narutoverse real world logic. Mokuton is not simple wood. Mokuton clones are just on a different level. Look at what Madara did with them. Also it was a Mokuton Clone that fooled even Madara's Sharngan.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »

We can start a Mokuton discussion if you want, but other than being powerful against bijuu chakra it has seemed to be no more durable than normal wood.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.