Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Zone One  (Read 9370 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Zone One
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 06:00:54 PM »

Just posting to confirm I did in fact agree to this, under the condition the people involved in Oasis RP are fine with it. After all, if nobody wants to continue the oasis, this whole thing turns kinda pointless.

So; if everyone agrees, Oasis continues to the end of the current stage and the entrance of Hazama/Chiyo/Hono/Rikudo is voided, and I'll fight Hazama somewhere else old school style.

If we don't agree...well, then we'll just have to think of something else.

Edit: Forgot a detail.

If anyone wants to debate the barrier, timelines, sensing or whatever else was argued in this thread, PM me on SL about it and I'll explain.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:11:34 PM by Warren »

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »

>Removed the 'challenges' because most people didn't like the ooc matches, mostly because those could be abused in various ways.

>Using 'challenges' to solve this problem because fighting for bijuu IC is complicated.

This probably isn't a problem that's going to be resolved soon... But that's a discussion for another time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:17:28 PM by Kyutu - Super King - »
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »

I don't really understand Kay's argument about the timeline. Obviously they are claiming to be there during the rp where the people they are sensing are there. I don't really understand how is saying that they cannot be there, but maybe she knows something that I do not.

I decided to spend some of my morning doing some digging, and accordingly, it took me roughly 2-3 turns to find Kayenta after Rita, my dragon companion, linked back up with myself and Pyro, my other dragon companion.

At first, I was going off of Rita's memory, but by the next post, Eric picked up on something worth investigating, though he felt that it would be better not to start any trouble. His search for plant life abruptly ended on about turn 3, where the duo arrive at the oasis, Kayenta still be missing from the scenery.

You would have to page back about to 20 days ago in order to read that far back into the RP.

Chiyo and party entered and picked up on an approximate location of interest on turn one. However, Chiyo is more skilled in sage mode than Eric, so that's a reasonable explanation for the difference in timing.

Before that, they were in the wetlands (about 1 day ago in real time), where Chiyo went into sage mode before flying off with Hazama for the desert. That, in real time, took place  only a day or so ago, so if you were to not take into account that the time for the Temple RP was extended out so much because of the limits of posting in turn, they didn't even set out for the hunt until some of the most recent events of the Temple RP.

Hono has been seen previously bouncing around the realm (as far as what I have seen), going from Iwa from Konoha and back again enough times in a short amount of time to make one question a thing or two. In Sunagkure, he had been at a wedding that presumably takes place at a around the same time as the Temple RP (roughly a day and some change worth of Sunagakure board).

Dark and his gang set out from Sunagakure board (roughly 3 days IRT) and are not seen in the desert zone until after Chiyo and her group arrives there.

Now, the Temple Oasis, on the naruto wikia (link: http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_Oasis) states that it is located deep in the Sand Sea (the desert of Wind Country).

As Suna is smack dab in the middle of Wind Country, and presumably in perhaps one of the deepest parts, it can be assumed that someone just entering the country would take longer to arrive at the Oasis' location and vicinity than someone who left Sunagakure itself, especially if the latter departed before the former.

Due to the intricacies of SL RP, all of these parties arriving in the order that they did is mysterious, to say the least. As RP time does not necessarily flow with RL time, I think it is fair to be argued that Hono arriving at around the same time as Dark's group and Chiyo's group is very questionable. Due to the same reason though, Chiyo's group arriving at the same time as Dark's group is murky waters that can be explored in a different posting.

As of this post, I find that Kayenta's concerns of timeline are somewhat relevent when it comes down to figuring out how far away each of these parties are when Kay puts up the barrier.

Since it was me who was leading the attack to get Warren, him and I decided to come to agree on terms.

We've come up with the best way to make both parties happy, or so we are hoping.

Here is what we came up with;
My whole RP and those who were on my side of the 'attack' are gone. Or, their entrance posts into zone one are voided. This way Kayenta should be satisfied, and the RP can carry on the way it was going to, even if that means moving it.

BUT, this is what I get in return;

Warren agreed to fight me like the times of old. We are going to have an old fashioned Bijuu fight. We pick a zone, we duke it out, and anything that happens in the fight doesn't affect our character. The only factor that can change IC from this fight is if I'm the winner and the Ichibi is now mine instead of Warrens.

IF we somehow finish our fight before that group RP finishes, then the changes won't go into affect until after that to because, lets be honest, it wouldn't make sense for Warren to suddenly not have the beast during any RP...

I want the opinions of those who have spoken on this thread and who are mainly involved in the RP to comment of they have any problems with this.

Aaaand, just before i get to post my opinion on the whole timeline thing, I get ninja'd with the 3/5's compromise.  :-?

I have no issue with this compromise, for reasons I already stated in my uber post some time back.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:24 PM »

Compromise on SL? What? Unheard of....I'm so fine with this.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:53 PM »

>Removed the 'challenges' because most people didn't like the ooc matches, mostly because those could be abused in various ways.

>Using 'challenges' to solve this problem because fighting for bijuu IC is complicated.

This probably isn't a problem that's going to be resolved soon... But that's a discussion for another time.

This. Also, was one of the arguments about KG exchanging/not training for it? If so, then that's void if both Jinchuriki and Kayenta dislike it/void it. Train for your stuff next time.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »

I was not aware there were any rules regarding KG exchanges, it just seemed like something people started doing out of no where one day.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:08:27 PM by bocchiere »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »

I was not aware there we any rules regarding KG exchanges, it just seemed like something people started doing out of no where one day.

To my knowledge it started with Hazama/Shinko. There are no rules against it, -- yet -- but this is SL so if they decide they don't like it then they can ignore them. This will cause problems, of course, but everything involving Bijuu is problematic. If this is one of the complaints than either two things need to be done:

1. A decision on if exchanging KG and whatnot are allowed.
2. They just need to go train for the KG they got from exchanging and then come back and try another time. It would eliminate one problem by merely using common sense.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Nate, Kyutu, are the both of you really trying to light flames under a dying fire? I can't believe there are people actually trying to argue against a compromise to make both sides happy. If both sides agree, then what is the problem?

I think you've both joined the argument a little bit late... And Nathan, my friend, please don't come charging in here waving the flag of 'If they didn't RP for it then they don't have it' because you may forget, but I know who your alt is xD And you did just that; Got an account with resets, created you character around those resets without doing any 'RP' on how you got them.

For those reading the argument, the only thing Kayenta was arguing about in the end was the whole time thing and instead of pushing this topic farther, both myself and Warren, came up with this compromise.

Honestly, what we are waiting on is input from Kayenta and Dark, since those two are technically the other 'heads' of the RP.

Just to comment on this... Saying that using the old format to fight for a Bijuu is obsolete is like saying this whole argument doesn't count for anything. Both happen IC, both change one major factor IC, and both are acceptable if both parties are willing.... No?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »

Nate, Kyutu, are the both of you really trying to light flames under a dying fire? I can't believe there are people actually trying to argue against a compromise to make both sides happy. If both sides agree, then what is the problem?

I think you've both joined the argument a little bit late... And Nathan, my friend, please don't come charging in here waving the flag of 'If they didn't RP for it then they don't have it' because you may forget, but I know who your alt is xD And you did just that; Got an account with resets, created you character around those resets without doing any 'RP' on how you got them.

For those reading the argument, the only thing Kayenta was arguing about in the end was the whole time thing and instead of pushing this topic farther, both myself and Warren, came up with this compromise.

Honestly, what we are waiting on is input from Kayenta and Dark, since those two are technically the other 'heads' of the RP.

Just to comment on this... Saying that using the old format to fight for a Bijuu is obsolete is like saying this whole argument doesn't count for anything. Both happen IC, both change one major factor IC, and both are acceptable if both parties are willing.... No?

No. Apparently.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »

Because you resolved it with the old system, but the point of IC Bijuu fights was to get rid of it. There is also the fact that this will most likely happen again, so we need to get these things ironed out to prevent it.

Learn to read, bro. I said if Kayenta and the others said so then they wouldn't have it. Never did I say I think they should happen. Also, I've never used that alt IC.

That doesn't mean others cannot still give input. Nevertheless, I was merely giving my opinion on what should be done to prevent this that doesn't involve using the old system.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:03:33 PM by Nathan »

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Chiyo; your post was fine. There was some discrepancy about whether or not it'd be legitimate without training up your skills, but we've generally agreed that -- at this point in time -- rebirths are sufficient.

The compromise is fine with me personally, but I also see Kyutu's and Nathan's point: namely, what sort of precedent is this creating? Every time a problem is made we revert to ways we've already outdated? Generally speaking, when problem-solving, one needs to think of the future.  I suggest that we functionally forget this thread ever existed.

I'm done; see you all in-realm, and I thank everyone who showed the ability to be considerate and look at the problems objectively.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.