Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jashinism  (Read 12421 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Jashinism
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »

#1 Izanagi would be meta-gaming because you DON'T EVEN KNOW I'M THERE, no less that I am attacking you, and if my attack fails because we say the curse didn't work then there'd be no effect on you and you still wouldn't know I am attacking you.

As soon as you look and see the crows with my chakra in them you'll know I have some reason to be watching this area, right now you don't even know this is Akatsuki if I am right. You found two people and know there is some kind of structure under the ground is all, I believe.

Regardless, I do believe seeing a summon belonging to me and then instantly sacrificing an eye for Izanagi because that somehow leads to you believing you are about to die seems like an inhuman leap of logic.

#2 There's no way Kamui would work to counter Curse Blood. The only way I could possibly see it working would be if something hit you in the neck right where I plan to break it and you use Kamui to send your neck to the pocket dimension and then say my Curse Jutsu doesn't effect it since it is in the other world.

If you activated Kamui and just waited for me to snap my neck that would not work though since there is no object to proc the intangibility.

"When activated, any part of Obito's body that overlaps with a solid object is seamlessly warped to the other dimension, making it appear as though he is phasing through them."

No such thing is occurring with my Curse Jutsu, your neck is literally just breaking itself.

*edit

You could also obviously enter the pocket dimension yourself. Again, you're in the middle of talking to someone and I can't begin to imagine how would you would explain your IC motivation for doing so, and leaving your lady friend to fend for herself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:51:36 AM by bocchiere »

AkiraTheLegendaryANBU

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 06:01:49 PM »

Jashin is basically a narutized version of the hindu god Khali. They're symbols even look similar enough. So honestly I'd have to agree with Isaribi about fresh blood sacrifices. I think the problem here is that those who use the cursed blood technique, whether Jashin exists or otherwise, are taking part in a religious ritual with which they'd hold a level of respect for. So I'd just say make a fresh one if your character really does worship Jashin, and if they're just in the religious cult for the sake of power then I guess the more efficient and less respectful alternative is alright. So here I'm not questioning the legitimacy of he move, but how the character should be doing it based on their disposition, loyalty, and love for their god.

As for Kamui having some way to defend himself, the answer is a solid and definitive no. Bocc is initiating a sneak attack that Kamui has failed to notice. As stated before he even failed to notice the fact that he was being watched. And at this stage even if he noticed it'd be too late and too much of a stretch to reach a proper conclusion. At best he may just figure that someone plans on attacking him soon when the time is right, but no idea exactly when. So he'd stave off Izanagi unless he knew he needed to, which he wouldn't. And in the case of the defensive kamui technique, that wouldn't work just cause the blood curse will just auto-hit whether the target is in this dimension or another. All in all he's pretty screwed.

That aside this is really just gonna be an issue of whether or not Bocc & Kamui can get along and we already reached that conclusion. So I guess this is just my recap? Idk.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »

That pretty succinctly describes the whole situation.

Only thing is there is no way to know whether things work between dimensions like that. There isn't any evidence for or against it, at least not that I can think of on my way to work.

If anything could work I would think it'd be my jutsu, since it has no range limit. It also says on the wiki in regards to the Curse circle, "This serves as the link between him and his victim." So you could say that as long as it is intact there isn't anywhere he could run that'd be safe. Then again he could also just say no it doesn't work while I'm in my pocket dimension and I have nothing to prove he isn't right, just guesswork.

If we decide the old blood doesn't work I would get to repost. Since it is something changing how my ability works we would either just let this be the last time a circle of old blood works, or allow me to repost in light of the decision.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:37:00 PM by bocchiere »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »

I've been kinda of busy these past few days, but I have some free-time and I'm gonna post today.
I guess we're gonna go with option three then?

Quote from: Bocchiere
"When activated, any part of Obito's body that overlaps with a solid object is seamlessly warped to the other dimension, making it appear as though he is phasing through them."

No such thing is occurring with my Curse Jutsu, your neck is literally just breaking itself.

*edit

You could also obviously enter the pocket dimension yourself. Again, you're in the middle of talking to someone and I can't begin to imagine how would you would explain your IC motivation for doing so, and leaving your lady friend to fend for herself.

I guess you skimmed through it and just found something that would suit your situation but upon further reading, you'll actually come across this.

Kamui allows the user to transfer anything to another dimension. Once a target is sent to this dimension, it is unable to escape.
This technique, when used through Obito's right eye, is also able to make the user "intangible" by transporting portions of their body to the same pocket dimension.

Entering the pocket dimension myself, can actually save me also but it's more far-fetched to do so when I am in the middle of a conversation.
The intangibility still will apply when you transport portions of those body parts into the other dimension, meaning no damage would be done unless it's within that realm itself; The Curse technique won't apply damage to other dimensions as far as I can tell.

Obito also seemingly possesses the capability to extend this intangibility to whatever he's touching at the moment of activation, as long as he is able to maintain some form of contact with at least a part of the desired item or person

As for my "lady friend", I can actually do something and not let her fend for herself.
After all she is connected to my chakra with her unique technique of hers.

TL;DR I don't want die to some cheap-shot but you don't want to fight me, that's fair. However if we can't work out a compromise then we'll just avoid RP-ing with each other in the future.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »

Well if I repost I'm still just going to kill you. So if you want to void yourself do that. #3 Was me reposting if we decided I did not use the Curse Jutsu correctly.

I also did say that if you just leave and go into your pocket dimension it would save you. I just meant that the "let things pass through your body" power wouldn't work. Since nothing is trying to pass through your body. The issue is, as you said, it would make no sense for you to enter the pocket dimension for no reason whilst talking to someone.

Void yourself if you like.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 04:48:15 AM »

Well if I repost I'm still just going to kill you. So if you want to void yourself do that. #3 Was me reposting if we decided I did not use the Curse Jutsu correctly.

I also did say that if you just leave and go into your pocket dimension it would save you. I just meant that the "let things pass through your body" power wouldn't work. Since nothing is trying to pass through your body. The issue is, as you said, it would make no sense for you to enter the pocket dimension for no reason whilst talking to someone.

Void yourself if you like.

I don't like going down that road unless I need to; I hate the idea of voiding perfectly wasted RP.

#3 Maybe. Perhaps. It's highly unlikely though. Maybe I could always work with what I got and just post in zone ten and maybe just leave the RP instead.

Option Three it is then.
I'll lock this already.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:12:07 AM by Camel »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.