Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The grey area.  (Read 4122 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: The grey area.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »

Yes, and I didn't say it gives you none. I meant I just don't see how can it give as much chakra as a whole person, considering the whole body is basically one big chakra generator down to every individual cell, and through jiongu you get just a small piece of it with the heart.

Probably the same way that this is a thing that works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »

Similar principle as in jiongu, yes, though scales are different, a bunch of chakra strings as opposed to hugeass jutsus and the like. Admittedly speculation, but could also argue the kazekage puppet animating just a few large objects, while the real live kages move like half the desert, proves it doesn't compare to the real thing in the end.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »

I'm going to make the moon land directly on you. >>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 12:39:39 AM »

Similar principle as in jiongu, yes, though scales are different, a bunch of chakra strings as opposed to hugeass jutsus and the like. Admittedly speculation, but could also argue the kazekage puppet animating just a few large objects, while the real live kages move like half the desert, proves it doesn't compare to the real thing in the end.

If Sasori would have used those chakra strings to connect himself to other hearts, I'm sure the scale would also be different.

The point is that the heart largely is what dominates chakra capacity and elemental affinity, at least that is what is suggested in the series. Thus, it would make sense that chakra would stack as Bocc suggested it would with Jiongu.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »

If Sasori would have used those chakra strings to connect himself to other hearts, I'm sure the scale would also be different.

The point is that the heart largely is what dominates chakra capacity and elemental affinity, at least that is what is suggested in the series. Thus, it would make sense that chakra would stack as Bocc suggested it would with Jiongu.

Even the 8 gates uses this as the last gate causes the user to puncture the heart releasing all of that energy.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 01:19:12 AM »

Even the 8 gates uses this as the last gate causes the user to puncture the heart releasing all of that energy.

Actually the chakra doesn't come from the heart. Regarding the Hachimon Tonkou no Jin.
http://m.mangatown.com/manga/naruto/v63/c668/6.html

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 01:40:01 AM »

Chakra just comes from your body in general, not any part of it in particular, though certain body parts seem to play certain roles.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 01:42:47 AM »

Going straight to chakra usage. I had thought of a system where each rp rank made; weather it be genin, sannin, kage, w/e would be given with an amount of chakra. You know what I'll just template it.

Rank | Chakra points
Academy student| 10
Chunin | 15
Jonin | 25
Sannin | 35
Kage | 50

Now we add in KG

Uchiha | +5
Hyuuga | +5
Senju | +7
Ice | +7
Gates | 1 (?)
Kaguya | +3
Rinnegan | +8
Sage Mode | +8

So someone who's a kage with Uchiha, Senju, Rinnegan, and kaguya would have like 74 chakra points.

And thennnn we add how much a technique costs. Chibaku costs like 35 and so on and so forth. This would eliminate everyone having 4 bijuu's worth of chakra. Just was a thought.

This whole chakra-point thing has a flaw. Anybody could classify themselves as a Jonin, or even Sannin, in some sort of made up history. Or even a Kage, if they either create their own one-man village or claim to have been one from some obscure land. And then claiming to be a quarter Uchiha, Hyuuga, Senju and Kaguya would be a factor in one's history. Or how about the apparent appearance of the Ōtsutsuki from hiding? Wouldn't they essentially have all the pros of all the clans they've spawned? This would work better on a forum site where things can be regulated more vigorously, but on SL, it's not going to work out.

And the whole point of Jiongu is that it grants the chakra pools and chakra affinities of those who's hearts you've stolen. Otherwise, Kakuzu would never have been able to use anything other than Earth Release, or those gigantic elemental attacks. Heck, the entire reason why the Eighth Gate is the strongest one, is because it unlocks the gate at the heart.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 02:10:18 AM »

Going straight to chakra usage. I had thought of a system where each rp rank made; weather it be genin, sannin, kage, w/e would be given with an amount of chakra. You know what I'll just template it.

Rank | Chakra points
Academy student| 10
Chunin | 15
Jonin | 25
Sannin | 35
Kage | 50

Now we add in KG

Uchiha | +5
Hyuuga | +5
Senju | +7
Ice | +7
Gates | 1 (?)
Kaguya | +3
Rinnegan | +8
Sage Mode | +8

So someone who's a kage with Uchiha, Senju, Rinnegan, and kaguya would have like 74 chakra points.

And thennnn we add how much a technique costs. Chibaku costs like 35 and so on and so forth. This would eliminate everyone having 4 bijuu's worth of chakra. Just was a thought.

This whole chakra-point thing has a flaw. Anybody could classify themselves as a Jonin, or even Sannin, in some sort of made up history. Or even a Kage, if they either create their own one-man village or claim to have been one from some obscure land. And then claiming to be a quarter Uchiha, Hyuuga, Senju and Kaguya would be a factor in one's history. Or how about the apparent appearance of the Ōtsutsuki from hiding? Wouldn't they essentially have all the pros of all the clans they've spawned? This would work better on a forum site where things can be regulated more vigorously, but on SL, it's not going to work out.

And the whole point of Jiongu is that it grants the chakra pools and chakra affinities of those who's hearts you've stolen. Otherwise, Kakuzu would never have been able to use anything other than Earth Release, or those gigantic elemental attacks. Heck, the entire reason why the Eighth Gate is the strongest one, is because it unlocks the gate at the heart.

That template was to work with my Character Nerf guide where you can have a MAX of two kg or two KT and that's it. I'd link it, but just look in the SL nerf topic I made.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »

Quite correct, chakra comes from every cell of the whole body, and your spirit, like I said before. As for 8th gate, the stab to the pressure point doesn't release power, rather its the way to open the gate itself; stab and flood in the chakra. Technically its no secret hidden power after that either, merely the absolute 100% of what you're capable since your chakra is now flowing completely unhindered and heart is pumping at highest power it can handle without tearing itself apart.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.