Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How Come?  (Read 6087 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: How Come?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 06:16:34 AM »

I think logic left the series long before Madara started dropping meteors on top of each other.

But then again, logic and anime never really should belong together. It's like trying to convince the NAACP to support the Third Reich. It just doesn't work.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »

For me logic died when Orochimaru didn't kill Sasuke.

I recall we used to pride ourselves on custom things and sneer at copy cats who could be creative and only could clone the series.

Anyway, today I am kind of half and half with canon and custom. I see the logic in both.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »

There IS its own twisted logic to Naruto, as much as Teostra would want to hang me for saying that, one just has to get in the proper mindset for it. Ever so often I'm asked for help with custom stuff because I actually can make up those plausible workings behind it >>

As far as doton goes, to my understanding preta path can absorb it only if its pure chakra, such as a mud dragon or something you send at the enemy. If its however something natural like a big chunk of rock you sent flying off the ground, then preta can't do jack shit about it. Same with sand, Madara couldn't stop stop Gaara from binding him (til he busted out susanoo anyway).

Sound jutsus and sound genjutsu, kinda agreeing with Mei, preta path is the most indiscriminate absorber there is so if it can't do it then its quite probable nothing can...plus well, when have you ever worn earplugs that make you completely deaf, lol. Similar to how Dosu owned Choji in chuunin exam, the body and bones in particular can conduct sound rather well still so the waves wouldn't really have to do much else cept hit the head and you'd be as good as hit.

Sound strong enough to deal direct damage is even worse, since even if you argued being able to suck the chakra out of the waves that still would leave the waves behind, and you'd get rekt anyway. You'd be better off countering the waves directly or stopping them altogether.

And as a special addition about meteors Bec, I can't 100% remember if the latest Naruto movie showed the planet actually has a ring or not. If it did however, you wouldn't be so much calling one from outer space or forming it up there cause lolmagic, rather just calling a preexisting one down from orbit with a considerable chakra cost through deva paths attractive forces.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »

... Going back to the "Genjutsu Mullifying Ear Plugs", I see it's created by Mokuton. Even Mokuton requires physical contact to absorb chakra.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Release:_Foo_Dog_Heads
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Dragon

So even if Preta Path was capable of absorbing chakra from sound, Mokuton cannot do that.

The sound waves come into contact with the Mokuton. The sound waves carry the genjutsu (maybe  the waves themselves are the genjutsu) and as such can probably be absorbed by a spongey or specially designed material that also absorbs chakra. With a sound genjutsu, just the waves hitting you is not enough, you have to actually be affected through your sense of hearing.

Ninjutsu sound waves are a whole different ballgame where, as mentioned earlier, some earplugs are not quite enough for the stronger ones intentioned to damage the body as a whole (and not just bust an eardrum or something).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2015, 01:04:45 PM »

>_>; ear plugs don't mean jack if the sounds strong enough to reach the inner ear thing (can't remember real name) from around it through the skull and whatnot.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »

Someone say sound?

Warren are you talking about the Cochlea, Organ of Corti, or the Stereocilia (hair cells)? :P All play a part in hearing.

Your skull conducts sound amazingly. In fact all of your bones do. This is why hearing implants can be inserted into the skull. Such devices bypass the ear canal and middle of the ear to directly affect the Stereocilia in your ear.

However tissues, muscles, etc around your bones absorb sound to some extent and earplugs (the correct ones) will block out a good portion of sound.

All in all I think unless the sound comes from inside. (Try plugging your ears and humming) that it's not nearly as effective.

So while your bones do conduct sound| outside sound will not be able to travel through your bone all nilly willy if you're wearing earplugs.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »

All of em I guess, since they're basically clumped together in there. Lessened effect most likely, sure, I wouldn't mind that anyway when my main point was claiming total sound immunity due to just a pair of plugs is just silly.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2015, 01:46:18 PM »

The point is, sound moves in waves, its physical effects upon solid objects very much like seismic activity. Block the brain's ability to receive and translate into the impulses we call hearing all you want, those waves still hit the body and cause damage.

They would, at best if explained correctly, block only a very specific genjutsu that targets hearing from being activated but requires that brain activity to occur in order for the target to be caught in its effects. Very few sound techs require those specific conditions of entering the ears and being translated to hearing in order to successfully hit and cause damage.

Additionally, they would tend toward blocking a sound user from using his chakra based jutsu, yes? As written, these ones absorb chakra. Are they somehow keyed individually to each user not to absorb their own chakra? Or only chakra blended for Ototon use?

If so, this only further supports the notion I am pointing out in this topic thread. Conditional activation of crafted items seems to be fine...

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:20 PM »

All of em I guess, since they're basically clumped together in there. Lessened effect most likely, sure, I wouldn't mind that anyway when my main point was claiming total sound immunity due to just a pair of plugs is just silly.

I claim immunity to sound. 100% (I explained why in the other sound thread we had)

However I do not claim immunity to any effects it has on my body. A natural durability against it? Yes. Immunity? No.

No one can claim to be immune to the effects of sound ninjutsu or sound in general.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »

>_>; ear plugs don't mean jack if the sounds strong enough to reach the inner ear thing (can't remember real name) from around it through the skull and whatnot.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/379/8

Though the picture could be misleading or specific to the frog genjutsu, I do not think that sound genjutsu works that way, where the vibrations going through the skull can trigger the illusion. The difference between sound ninjutsu and sound genjutsu is that the former uses sound as a physical weapon and/or shield of sorts, while the latter is still inherently genjusu, but triggered specifically by the target's sense of hearing hearing the sound.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 05:45:55 AM »

I claim immunity to sound. 100% (I explained why in the other sound thread we had)

However I do not claim immunity to any effects it has on my body. A natural durability against it? Yes. Immunity? No.

No one can claim to be immune to the effects of sound ninjutsu or sound in general.

Unless you're deaf then by that time you are immune to sound.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 15 queries.