Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finding Sanbi: A Tale of Stripping.  (Read 4043 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Sanbi: A Tale of Stripping.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 01:18:18 AM »

[Meaning the kage cannot take a week to decide and then another 3 months to do the rp. No. It doesn't take that long to seal a bijuu. You want to do some long drawn out rp? Do it in staggered rp. That way the previous challengers don't have to sit there while you take your sweet ass time.]

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8467.0.html

Also this post was a thing, nearly a month ago. Well before the strip. Everyone had time to argue it out. The last thing that was posted that was constructive, was the amendment, that wait, was not argued xD It was literally titled Amendment to the Bijuu rules, and still the only interest that had been attracted from you, Kay, was, "Isn't this a bijuu topic? Like...for the Bijuu Arena?"

SO all that, "Had it been called new bijuu rules, my interest would have been attracted." and, "What I do not understand is why a handful of people making rules for dealing with Isa and his inactivity suddenly supersedes the adopted rules for sealing a bijuu that are listed in the official rules.

it seems to me once Isa was dealt with, your say so...on what they do with it after that...creating new rules they suddenly have to follow to choose and seal a host...do not have any weight at all. No one replied to that nonsense? I wonder why. I certainly was not interested in another thread about Isa. W#ho knew that new rules would be made to handle this one case? And why were they not made official if this is the agreed upon new standard?

I think it is because they are NOT the rules that are official. Being under a topic listed about Isa...in no way made that available to be voted upon by the populace of SL. I for one avoided anything to do with a topic about Isa and never read any of that.

Had it been called new bijuu rules, my interest would have been attracted."

Was a load. xD So good job.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 01:27:56 AM »

They are not in the official rules. that is a topic discussion. One of many I was in no mood to read. I wonder why? Mostly when I voice an opinion it is so very well received. But yes, I could have seen that and saw where people were trying to pull another fast one to rush rush rush the process. Sometimes I just tire of fighting to get people to chill out about now now now. with these bijuu.

Kiri is not bound by this. Just like Trev says, its going to happen soon. But good job, you have proven once and for all that i missed seeing something of worth. Who knew that yet another bijuu topic might actually produce something useful?

happy now?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 01:33:08 AM »

See now when you are gonna quote someone, at least do it right, Darling.

"That's not how I see it, but oh well!!

I'm not too sure what an ok amount of time is. Perhaps 1 week is too little, but it should be some amount of time. I'm pretty sure it took the Nibi like 3-5 months to be sealed, and that was way too long for a biju to be out of play. So, it shouldn't be whenever the village feels like it either.

Not saying that will happen this time around, since according to my sources, it should be sealed tomorrow, should being the key word."

Look, your word means nothing, simply because you don't think something is correct, does not mean it is invalid. I have not stated opinions on this, and simply have let the words, and votes of others drive this argument. You come here spewing nonsense, as per usual, with no back to it, at least any backing that means anything to it.

So if you ask me if I am happy? I am goddamn happy that so far the only advocate Kiri has, is you.

They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 02:12:59 AM »

Let's not start cursing guys, we are better than this.  :(

I don't really think the tailed beast would go straight to you Riku. As I have stated before, a tournament of sorts should be held in a situation like this, even if it is just of the challengers in the list (if there are enough that is).

I digress, I'll speak more on it later when I'm not so tired, but seriously, let's not start losing our civility over this matter.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:23 AM »

Let's not start cursing guys, we are better than this.  :(

I don't really think the tailed beast would go straight to you Riku. As I have stated before, a tournament of sorts should be held in a situation like this, even if it is just of the challengers in the list (if there are enough that is).

I digress, I'll speak more on it later when I'm not so tired, but seriously, let's not start losing our civility over this matter.

As Eric said, please keep it civil within this thread, otherwise I'll be forced to lock it. :oops:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:48:15 AM by Camel »

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:45 AM »

3-5 months is too long, but if people are busy with work and don't have a corresponding schedule with life, it's gonna be kind of slow to get the process done. But, 1 week is too short, I feel, for any sort of RP to happen. In a way, it's an event: and well, if you're lucky, events last for a week -- but we all know it doesn't usually work out that quickly or efficiently.

So, I agree that it should be more time than 1 week.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 03:41:04 AM »

I agree with more time than 1 week. Not everyone's schedule is the same.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 03:45:58 AM »

Personally I thinks ten days is more then enough for that specific clan to seal a beast into a new host.
I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I am putting my two cents in on the subject. :oops:

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »

I am now calling for Kirigakure to be stripped of the Sanbi, and be placed in the first challengers possession. (Me)

Too bad so sad Riku, but you are days late and I am not so easy to let things like this slip by me. Sanbi is in the process of being sealed. Please lock this thread as I find it ignorance to be here.

Also, I had already made my choice on who it was to be sealed in, and the last post was just yesterday. Our selected carrier for the bijuu however is on a busy weekday until tomorrow, but we will have it sealed this coming week.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:27:43 AM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 01:33:34 PM »

Well I made the amendment and as far as the other topic goes on votes it will be put into effect.

However I would like to clear some things up and give my opinion on the matter. I am against stripping Kiri. I voiced this to Riku and I have done so now in the open for you all to see.

The one week rule is based on my thoughts on how time limits are upheld and was influenced by how long Kiri likes to take to do things. You like to take forever guys, it's the truth.

So taking into consideration the above things I went with 1 week to find a host.

However there are parts of my amendment that people have overlooked on purpose or on accident, I know not. The most prominent to me is "Do it in staggered rp."

Please bear in mind, once again, I am messy in my thoughts. For the purpose of example Xia will be the host.
=========================================================

Isaribi is stripped >
The best is now in Kiri's hands. The 1 week starts the day after the beast is stripped. So if it's 1pm the week starts the next day at 12:00 am. >

This is where confusion sets in and people overlook or don't take into consideration other things.

ONE (1) week to find a new host.
TWO (2) weeks grace period for new host.

A part people seem to not have read in my amendment. "You want to do some long drawn out rp? Do it in staggered rp"

How you are supposed to do it is like this:

Isaribi is stripped >
Xia is picked as new host after 5 days (within the time limit) >
They have 2 extra days now to start their staggered rp (they start it) >
Xia's grace period starts after whenever he was chosen as host. So if it took a day they now have 6 days to rp it while the grace period is also in effect. Or if they took 5 days they have 2 weeks and 2 days to rp it>
STAGGERED RP is started/continued> (They wanted to do a week long rp. However they needed to find a host before one week so they didn't have time to rp the sealing process. Now they can rp the rest of process while the host's grace period is going)

My amendment doesn't bypass the grace period rule it just makes it to where you don't draw out the process to several weeks/months. It limits it to 3 weeks max. In a situation of stripping where the challenger already had to wait 2 weeks to strip the previous host AND a week to make a topic (maybe longer) any longer than that is just wrong.

This makes it a total of 6 weeks in a perfect situation. Which is too long in my opinion, but works with the current rules without breaking them. The challenger who stripped the host is first in line no matter what. I'd like to add that the 3 denies also be removed in a case such as this so they don't try to reply once a week with a no and loophole another 3 weeks.

Step by step:
> Strip the previous host after 2 weeks inactivity. (Strip process takes 1 week) | 3 weeks
-
> Find a new host in a week. (You can do it in 2 days or 6 days it doesn't matter) | 4 weeks
-
> Once a new one is found their grace period starts. (If a host is picked on day 6 then that's when the grace period starts) | 6 weeks total
-
> If a long rp is wanted they can now do said rp via staggered rp method during their grace period. (this is when they rp the sealing process)
-
> Once their grace period is over they must accept the 1st challenger's match. No denies allowed.
|::\/::|

Does this make sense now? You're supposed to pick a host in a week and do the sealing/host picking rp within the week and during their grace period. To give the host a proper grace period you want to find said host within the first few days of the 1 week time frame. (Unless no rp is wanted then just do whatever)

Find a host within a week and do the rp AFTER or pick a host fast so you have more time to rp.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »

Makes perfect sense to me Shadow, which I am no longer part of the RP as I have taken care of business and now it is in the sealing process.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.