Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Edo Tensei - Current Users and (if needed) Guidelines Update  (Read 9390 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Edo Tensei - Current Users and (if needed) Guidelines Update
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 11:52:16 PM »

What kind of death? I thought Trev and Kamui were both dead...

It's hard for me to keep up on.

And didn't Masane remake her character? To be the sister...who inherited every stuff.

Or was that scrapped?

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 12:20:51 AM »

What kind of death? I thought Trev and Kamui were both dead...

It's hard for me to keep up on.

And didn't Masane remake her character? To be the sister...who inherited every stuff.

Or was that scrapped?

Never scrapped. I just don't use everything I got with Machi. It's too much so I sealed it away as Masane.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2015, 07:57:27 AM »

I am quite dead, though I am an Edo Tensei.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2015, 02:13:32 PM »

so dead is what then? quitting rp/sl?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

Dead is as dead as we want them to be. In Trev's case he's dead, but alive due to edo.

If someone died in battle then yes, they'd be dead unless someone edo'd them or ress'ed them.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

So, a student that teaches after the teacher dies becomes a teacher and their student a student? No new slots are made, just re-arranging of the order?

No, if the teacher dies, the student become the teacher. If a student dies, the teacher can teach a new person...

That's basically what I said.

I am quite dead, though I am an Edo Tensei.

Pretty sure that would make you undead then, not just "dead". "Dead" has some pretty vague implications as far as exact definition, but being an Edo Tensei is probably not one of 'em.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »

So if a user is dead, what happens to their zombies? Are they passed onto whoever replaces them, or are they free to remove themselves from the list?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »

I'm not a user, so I don't see why people are asking me if I'm dead >>

@Kage It's possible. I believe they will do the last order their master gave them. However, if then, they'll just kind of be doing nothing. However, the new user can bring them under their control if they know where they are (Made easier if you human pathed or read the mind to gain the technique).

So they could potentially be used by the new user, if not they just kind of "go away" in a sense.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2015, 09:04:50 PM »

@Kage It's possible. I believe they will do the last order their master gave them. However, if then, they'll just kind of be doing nothing. However, the new user can bring them under their control if they know where they are (Made easier if you human pathed or read the mind to gain the technique).

So they could potentially be used by the new user, if not they just kind of "go away" in a sense.

So the zombies wouldn't be inherited by the new user, even if they are just sitting in the coffins? Or does it kind of vary with how the technique is learned?

And we wanna know if you're dead or not so that we know whether to post your obituary in the Samurai Land Times.  8)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:29 PM »

So the zombies wouldn't be inherited by the new user, even if they are just sitting in the coffins? Or does it kind of vary with how the technique is learned?

And we wanna know if you're dead or not so that we know whether to post your obituary in the Samurai Land Times.  8)

The new user would have to place new tags in them, or something to get them under their control, they don't inherently serve the new master. So they are not inherited.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »

Edo tensei don't just fall inactive on their own like that either, even if the caster dies. That's why Kabuto and Itachi both emphasized the fact they can't kill him when they fought, since even if he did perish the edo tensei army would have just remained active.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2015, 05:44:18 AM »

Then zombies with a dead master would be in a forever living hell. They can't control their own actions, and they can never be revived and controlled since their souls are no longer in the Pure World. I am of course talking about the ones that are not unbound by their masters. They're essentially RP-locked forever.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2015, 06:54:56 AM »

Isn't that kind of speculation considering that we've never seen anyone die while using ET? So we don't really know what happens after the caster dies. For all we know, everyone that they had under their power just gets their mind back. We just know that they don't get dispelled upon the death of their user.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »

Isn't that kind of speculation considering that we've never seen anyone die while using ET? So we don't really know what happens after the caster dies. For all we know, everyone that they had under their power just gets their mind back. We just know that they don't get dispelled upon the death of their user.

Its speculation, but its sound. Kabuto gloated to Itachi that the technique would continue after his death. This would mean nothing if more than half the entire dead army didn't want to fight the war, and the ones who did want to fight were already sealed away at that point. So Kabuto's will for them would still be carried out I think. With their minds back, all they could do (if they wanted to die) was to give themselves closure, basically will themselves dead again and it would happen.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2015, 10:59:19 PM »

Its speculation, but its sound. Kabuto gloated to Itachi that the technique would continue after his death. This would mean nothing if more than half the entire dead army didn't want to fight the war, and the ones who did want to fight were already sealed away at that point. So Kabuto's will for them would still be carried out I think. With their minds back, all they could do (if they wanted to die) was to give themselves closure, basically will themselves dead again and it would happen.

If active and being used, maybe, but if they're just sitting in the coffin waiting to be called out and the user dies, I imagine that they are kind of stuck like chuck in that regard.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.