Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Template Motd Question.  (Read 3866 times)

Kurando

Re: Template Motd Question.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »

I checked out the site that nicked the templates, and as Abyss said "it is a complete disgrace to LoTGD".
The funny thing is, is that if you try to type in shinobi legends and post it anywhere, they filter "legends" as if it were bad language. I guess they don't won't people find out the site owners are thieves. lol. Another person apparently said that shinobi legends stole the LoTGD mainframe. It really is unbelievable.

Abysss

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »

I checked out the site that nicked the templates, and as Abyss said "it is a complete disgrace to LoTGD".
The funny thing is, is that if you try to type in shinobi legends and post it anywhere, they filter "legends" as if it were bad language. I guess they don't won't people find out the site owners are thieves. lol. Another person apparently said that shinobi legends stole the LoTGD mainframe. It really is unbelievable.
...Guilty as charged I suppose.....was I wrong to right that? I didn't write any profanity or bad language, just that the Admin stole content from another server.  :-?

Shigeo

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 10:44:26 PM »

Monkey D. Luffy, the apparent owner, said that SL stole everything from vanquest. XD After I told him it didn't, he proceeded to spread around my ISP address and where I live in every chat area...which I don't believe he's allowed to do.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »

^^ sweet.

vancwest, true, was the base template used for it.

but hey, it came along with the basic distribution ^^ so I did not really steal it.

of course, I stole the mainframe Oo which is CCL, free to get & modify.
I steal air too, daily. What is free you cannot steal.

*sigh* well, poor arguments over there.
What are they using? Right, that same game core (without my modifications)
And what did they name their "version" with about 10% of modifications I have made to the one running on SL basically a new version Oo interesting
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shigeo

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

Hrm....Luffy could get in trouble for saying where I live in chat areas, couldn't he? :3

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »

Their admin is bad...
it states in the privacy policy, this"(ii) we obtain your consent, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out to the sharing of Data; "
But the admin went around against Shigeo's will and told everyone where he lived....isn't that a serious problem?

Abysss

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »

Monkey D. Luffy, the apparent owner, said that SL stole everything from vanquest. XD After I told him it didn't, he proceeded to spread around my ISP address and where I live in every chat area...which I don't believe he's allowed to do.
You forget Shigeo, he also wrote it in very poor English, at least I think it was English.  :roll:
He is also very ignorant to play the blame game. ^^

Hrm....Luffy could get in trouble for saying where I live in chat areas, couldn't he? :3
And god I hope so, I witnessed it as well if you need one..

Btw, A few small things from this Luffy

-<ANBU> Village Brat Monkey converses, "then ok fine, can i ask then"
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "and so does this: http://lotgd.xen23.net/"
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "SL copied that website.."

-<mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "Risuku = Copied vanquest template and made VERY LITTLE changes... and claim to be SL's *Custom* templates."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "go to http://lotgd.xen23.net/ that site and tell me if SL's templates are any different than that.."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "it's exactly the same but, they just changed the Pics and Font"
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "look closely.. these templates are Open Source so, there's no way ANYONE can *COPY* them.."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "anyone can *USE* them.."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "there's no owner of them..."

And the ones for Shigeo's Case-

- Village Brat Shigeo already said he doesn't care about being reported. "I came to this site to see just what it was like...and overall was disappointed. Some things were nice, but the majority is not."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "dosen't mean we CAN'T L)"
 Village Brat Shigeo believes that it does. =\ "That policy doesn't pertain to players of this game..."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "if you don't have a problem with us reporting to your ISP, that's fine but, well do it anyways :)"
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "oh, it dosen;t ? well then that means i can do anything i want with the accounts ?"
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "i don;'t think so.."
 <mar> Monkey D. Luffy converses, "but, 1 think i CAN DO... give your IP out :)"
 Village Brat Shigeo suddenly find Luffy far more immature than previously thought. =\

Feel free to change this post if you want Neji, I just wanted to give the exact quotes. (Site references)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:49:20 PM by Abysss »

Shigeo

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

Thanks Abyss. ^^ And yeah, he seemed to believe he could do no wrong, and that SL was Satan incarnate. >>

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »

Thanks Abyss. ^^ And yeah, he seemed to believe he could do no wrong, and that SL was Satan incarnate. >>
Well we do make a lot of jokes that Neji is evil.
But seriously, how would one go about "copyrighting" a template anyway?

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »

He said he'd add a un-removable headliner..or something like that.

And Luffy can't report you for nothing.-. What is she going to do, besides ban you for no liking her site?

Risuku didn't COPY those templates. That vanquest template is just a regular template with bold. So Risuku used bold lettering..does that mean he copied? No. He just editted it A TON.
Luffy used almost the EXACT same templates as SL(same pics and everything)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:58:05 AM by Demon Bandit Taumaster »

doomstar

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »

He said he'd add a un-removable headliner..or something like that.

And Luffy can't report you for nothing.-. What is she going to do, besides ban you for no liking her site?

Risuku didn't COPY those templates. That vanquest template is just a regular template with bold. So Risuku used bold lettering..does that mean he copied? No. He just editted it A TON.
Luffy used almost the EXACT same templates as SL(same pics and everything)
wasn't it like an un-removable thingy that points to sl? >.>

and go shiggy, get luffy busted >.>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »

Yes, well, nothing is unremovable, BUT if they do, they are violationg the copyrights.

Also "there is no owner" in open source? A load of bull.
Eric Stevens & JT Traub are the copyright holders. They can release the game modified or not under any license they like.

Also the template part was quite unclear, and basically still is.
But I talked to Eric and cleared most stuff up and I have a suitable solution as mentioned.

The interesting fact is: why do THEY use our templates with pictures if we are the  bad guys? Oo
Do good guys use stuff they grab from bad guys and that is OK?

Sounds a bit like taking the drugs from the drug dealer, and suddenly they are OK.

drninja

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 06:40:30 PM »

Open source means that they are LETTING people use it, for free.  Its still theirs.  Neji, I think that nows the time to ownz her with some super cool thing you gots up your sleeve *I know you got one!*  ok... maybe not.  But your server is much better, for God's sake its still the only server I've ever donated to!

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:06 PM »

:D thanks.

No, I won't really do dirty work with clean hands. And I like them clean.

Too much attention is also not good, I'll just do calmly what I have to do.
Currently he/she complies, so all should be OK.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.