Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: New specialty jutsu system/Mission Redo.  (Read 1485 times)

Albedo

New specialty jutsu system/Mission Redo.
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »

So first off I want to say I ran this by Iceslayer on MSN messenger and shot the breeze on it so I thought I would line out my idea on how to bring a new element of play into the game. First: Trash the current way we learn jutsu in game, lets face it just get to level 15 and know most of all jutsu’s in a style has and will always be kind of lame. Second: Redo the mission system in an day by day randomized mission selection format so some days you may be stuck with a D rank mission like “Find the kat” that will be read:

D rank: “Find the cat” (Stat/level requirement + Turns needed + Reward depending on performance)

Or you may also get if you are lucky and decide to run to the Kage manor first thing instead of spending your time on forest fights you may get:

A Rank: “Kakashi’s 3rd test” (Stat/level requirement + Turns needed + Reward depending on performance)

And from there rebuild the jutsu system that relies on spending turns training to gain ‘Skill points’ in a more LoB format in the training zones so that you can gain no more than 1.5 skill points per every 5 levels per oro kill. Then we go on to make is so you chose what style and what jutsu you want to master so it would read out:

Style > Ninjutsu: Katon > Katon: Gōkakyu no Jutsu (3 skill points + stat requirement)

Style > Ninjutsu: Raiton > Raikiri (12 skill points + stat requirement + A Rank: “Kakashi’s 3rd test” *Pass*)

So basically you would be learning that using the skill points you would train with day by day and when you fulfill the 3 point requirement you have mastered the jutsu and can learn another one of that set. Also you can as you gain oro kills at about lets put a random number in here 6 or 8 oro kills you can then chose to learn 2 jutsu and distribute the skill points you gain through training like so.

Katon: “Gōkakyu no Jutsu” 60% of skill gained
Genjutsu: “Nehan Shōja no Jutsu” 30% of skill gained
Kekkai Genkai: 10% of skill gained

So if you chose you can level up 2 jutsu and your Kekkai Genkai at one but it will be slowed down considerably on how fast you can learn and use them. Now I know what you are saying “Wow you could learn all the jutsu in game no problem!” I firmly and bluntly say good luck. Not only will choosing and leveling up 2 styles be slower than leveling up one style it will hamper the effectiveness and over all strength of your jutsu learned, and be very expensive. As leveling up and creating a multi style will cost 10.000 gold per extra ‘slot’ in witch to learn a new style and it will increase the more you spend the cost of jutsu’s will start to increase, and even some jutsu will be forever beyond your grasp.

So the first style say Katon will be:
First style: Katon: normal skill points from the old jutsu system aka the old skill level.
Second: will be x2 the skill points needed to learn a jutsu
Third: x3

It will go up from there, there may also be element boosts like Katon+Futon= Buff for Katon moves and even element contradictions like Water+Fire= no dice and it will weaken both. So you COULD technically learn all jutsu in the game through this but the term jack of all trades master of none comes into play as all of you moves will hamper you and make you weaker over all.

This is just a rough draft of a rough idea I want some input from you all care to help out? ^^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:55:03 AM by Albedo »

IceSlayer

Re: New specialty jutsu system/Mission Redo.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

Hmmm... so basically you could start with an affinity to one Chakra type eg. Katon, Rai...
Then after a while you could learn another, as most good Ninja can use two Chakra types, bust it is harder for them.
Anything after that would be harder again, and maybe limited to how high of Jutsu you could learn from these other Chakra types.
Also the price to start learning another type should be higher, Gems included.
And also, how would you gain Skill points in each Jutsu though? Leveling up, Oro kills?
Maybe you could pay for Skill points with Dragon points.

Albedo

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »

Chakra affinity is a great way of putting it in a nut shell so would you have it so you yourself select it or the game by some randomizer does it?
Plus like you said it is hard enough to use so 4 would be an almost insurmountable task for someone so I don’t know if it would put a set limit on what jutsu you learn it for sure would affect it in terms of performance.
Gems + Gold = Win
Skill Points from Dragon points is also a good idea but we would have to the set it up so if you have say 5SP and a jutsu that costs 3SP to learn there then needs to be a turn element in it as almost a cool off phase so you don’t get an automatic pop you have learned a new jutsu congrats! And the way I thought of gaining skill points is set in the training you would do daily to gain it then say you are training a level 5 jutsu you have done 4 out of 5 points already you earn 1.5 the extra points go into almost a savings?
I have no idea I almost think now that Skill points should be set and put in SP and then spent to learn a jutsu then turns given up to perfect it?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:38:43 AM by Albedo »

IceSlayer

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:50 AM »

Selecting your Affinity at random would be awesome ^^
If you have say 5 points, and spend 3 on a Jutsu you'd just have 2 left over...
And it should just pop up when you earn it.

Albedo

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:46:15 AM »

So then you would then go about putting those other 2 points to another jutsu that is say 8? So you would get a head start and or quickly finish ones you have half done before an oro kill.

IceSlayer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »

Well what else would happen to them? It seems silly to earn them and if you choose a lesser costing Jutsu why should you lose them?

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »

About the afinity it seems a lil to much...But the mission thig crossed my head multiple times neji really should make something like a hokage offiece where you are given missions depending on rank..

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 05:15:25 AM »

That'd be too complicated to make.
Besides, there's already a place where you can go for missions.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.