Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Role Playing - System of?  (Read 4375 times)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Role Playing - System of?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »

Thanks Makoto, Guidelines is a much better term for it, with basically what you stated.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 01:25:11 AM »

Someone pm'ed this question to me earlier and I wanted to see what is everyone's take on this: "How can you claim your kekkei genkai but not your rank?"

For example: You're a reborn member that have reborned 3 times already but your current in-game rank is Genin. Does one fight like a Genin? Should one limit their abilities, their chakra reserves, the jutsus that s/he can do because they are the rank of Genin?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »

Someone pm'ed this question to me earlier and I wanted to see what is everyone's take on this: "How can you claim your kekkei genkai but not your rank?"

For example: You're a reborn member that have reborned 3 times already but your current in-game rank is Genin. Does one fight like a Genin? Should one limit their abilities, their chakra reserves, the jutsus that s/he can do because they are the rank of Genin?

Sasuke could very well be considered a "Grand Master Uchiha" Reborn now, and he's still a simple Genin, having never actually completed the Chunin Exams.

1) He possesses Kirin, isn't that a 'pwnage' technique on its own account?
2) His chakra reserves aren't too shabby, being able to pull off consecutive Chidori's following his tranining with orochimaru.
3) S-Rank Raiton techniques. Not much of a limit there.

Heck, even the Sage of the Six Paths could've simply decided not to graduate from Genin > Chunin. Rank has Zero impact on the matter, in my honest opinion.  ;)

(Just because a Reborn may be a Genin doesn't mean they need to be weak like the stereotypical 14-yr-old moron with poor chakra control and a raspy voice.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:56:54 PM by Renascence »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

I think Rank isn't so much the issue, it's the skill that goes behind it. time training and all that.

So while Sasuke and Naruto are still Genin, they've been Genin for a very long time, and have done extreme training in that time.

So if you get a Sitter that's been a Genin for months or years, they fit into this category.

If you have an Acad that started playing two days ago, then no, they are still a weak little Acad.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »

So if you get a Sitter that's been a Genin *{for months or years}, they fit into this category.

So... what if you have a Genin-Sitter and have it go inactive, until you return to SL a couple of years later to reactivate it; does the *same necessarily apply?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »

Idk, there really can't be rules... you can't force people to role play in a certain way, anyone is free to role play as they see fit, it's if other accept it that is the issue.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.