Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Please.. Fix the sign-in ban.  (Read 2030 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Please.. Fix the sign-in ban.
« on: May 01, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »

It's an atrocious system, really. Why penalize someone for not being able to properly put in their password for days at a time? You're doing it for "safety" or whatever you want to call it, but it goes both ways on this.

If person A has a secure password, no one will be able to guess it.

Person B thinks otherwise. He attempts continuously and fails.

Person A is now banned for too many fail attempts.

Person B is too.

Person B can just try again when the ban is gone.

Person A suffers for having a good password.

Isn't there some sort of way we can either:

Repeal bans easier [I sent a petition in order to have this done, not even a response to the e-mail]

or

Send an e-mail verification it's you logging into your account after a ban has occurred. Some sort of notification stating "Someone is in attempt to access your account, due to multiple incorrect log-ins, the system has issued a ban. Click here [link] to repeal and log in." or something of the sort.

It's malarkey, really.

2-cents.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Please.. Fix the sign-in ban.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 01:28:42 AM »

Login attempts ban only bans the IP adress of the person who tried to log in. It doesn't ban your ID, so it shouldn't affect the user.

edit: shouldn't*

Somehow, I always typo words with "n't" >.>
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:50:07 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »

"10. We cannot distinguish real persons over the net. But we can distinguish computers. So, if you play with friends on *one* PC, and *one* of them gets banned, *you* will get banned too. Make different user accounts on that machine or use different computers."

That being said, it's happened to me before.

Someone attempted to log into "RaifudoMakashi", I tried logging in [first time of the day] and it said I was log-in banned. My other accounts were banned too because I tried to log into them too.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:31:43 AM »

Then the person trying to access your account has the same IP as you or has successfully logged into your account before and now cannot, therefore linking your account to their IP.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »

"10. We cannot distinguish real persons over the net. But we can distinguish computers. So, if you play with friends on *one* PC, and *one* of them gets banned, *you* will get banned too. Make different user accounts on that machine or use different computers."

That being said, it's happened to me before.

Someone attempted to log into "RaifudoMakashi", I tried logging in [first time of the day] and it said I was log-in banned. My other accounts were banned too because I tried to log into them too.
The system does not ban your account for fail login attempts, it bans the hacker's IP/Computer. In other words, you do not get banned when someone tried to hack your account, they do.

In your case, either someone who has access to your PC or share the same IP address has been doing some failed hacking. Which is the one and only logical explaination for your ban.

From my years of playing SL, I've never once had this problem. Why? Because anyone that touches my computer get their fingers bitten off, and I only play SL on one PC. This means I don't have the risk of someone other than myself getting my IP banned, or accidentally try to log in from an IP that has been banned by the system.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:13:36 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.