Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Six Paths, Rinnegan and the other half (Spoiler Heavy Content)  (Read 18286 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Six Paths, Rinnegan and the other half (Spoiler Heavy Content)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 05:26:02 AM »

It specifically states he deflected them by simply moving past them.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »

It specifically states he deflected them by simply moving past them.

On the wiki, yes, but not in the manga nor the anime from what I've seen/read.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »

The anime made it more apparent that they were deflected from the cloak's trailing chakra, and that's exactly what he did. The speed feat. there was that he was all the way by Obito and managed to make it to them in, like, an instant whilst simultaneously deflecting them. The wikia is not always right.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »

Yeah it just has hundreds of people editing it all the time who will freakin attack you if you so much as change a punctuation mark. Clearly they all somehow agreed on something that was wrong. Even though the manga shows Naruto just flying past the Tailed Beast Bombs and then they fly away.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »

Yeah it just has hundreds of people editing it all the time who will freakin attack you if you so much as change a punctuation mark. Clearly they all somehow agreed on something that was wrong. Even though the manga shows Naruto just flying past the Tailed Beast Bombs and then they fly away.

Just because a majority agrees on something means diddly-squat. If you do your research correctly like Eric has done, then it's obvious how he did it. The wikia has been wrong on numerous occasions and, whilst I'm not calling them idiots, I am saying that even though there are many users they can still agree on the wrong thing or someone can edit something and they not catch it and fix it. Fact of the matter is, it's wrong in this case.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 12:42:59 AM »

Just because a majority agrees on something means diddly-squat. If you do your research correctly like Eric has done, then it's obvious how he did it. The wikia has been wrong on numerous occasions and, whilst I'm not calling them idiots, I am saying that even though there are many users they can still agree on the wrong thing or someone can edit something and they not catch it and fix it. Fact of the matter is, it's wrong in this case.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:42 AM »

Thank you for that wonderful collection of veiled insults, x2.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/571/3

It shows Naruto moving in front of Kakashi and Guy, nothing is touching the Tailed Beast Bombs, and there is no implication that he has done so. The bombs are still a distance from him and then in the next panel they are shown flying away.

Maybe the anime changed that but the anime changes lots of things that aren't canon.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 03:18:29 AM »

They sound more and more like us every sentence.  8)

Consider this: the chakra beast form cloak had the strength to, with a roar and some elaborate chest puffing (and of course chakra) to send the tailed beasts in their own transformed states flying across the battlefield. This was another display of the raw power, not the speed, of the form.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/571/6

And thinking about it, the only way sheer speed alone could divert the tailed beast bombs the way they were redirected was if it stirred up such a wind that it changed the aerodynamic stuff of the balls, causing them to fly off in relatively random directions. Moving in a single linear or even a single parabolic direction is not going to achieve that unless the balls were coming in at different angles (which I admit they were), and even then, to suggest that non-chakra enhanced wind alone could pull that off against tailed beast bombs is pretty stretchy. I find it more likely that he swatted them away or something of that sort, but either way, sheer speed alone would not have deflected those tailed beast bombs.

Thank you for that wonderful collection of veiled insults, x2.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/571/3

It shows Naruto moving in front of Kakashi and Guy, nothing is touching the Tailed Beast Bombs, and there is no implication that he has done so. The bombs are still a distance from him and then in the next panel they are shown flying away.

Maybe the anime changed that but the anime changes lots of things that aren't canon.

In this case though, the anime and the manga hardly differ. The anime did not add anything significantly different to the moment (whereas there is a great amount more fighting done in the anime than the manga regarding the Invasion of Pain Arc as a whole, especially Naruto vs Pain. Frame by frame the anime fight into manga format, and it would have taken even more chapters to show this already somewhat lengthy conflict).

As Nathan suggested, that trailing chakra cloak more likely had an impact on the trajectory of the tailed beast bombs than the "sheer speed" of the attack.  If the "wind" left behind by the movement was augmented from leftover chakra from the cloak, then it becomes plausible  that the chakra trail alone deflected the tailed beast bombs, or that the tail of the form deflected the balls. But those are still from the strength of the form, not the sheer speed of it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 03:40:14 AM »

"the only way sheer speed alone could divert the tailed beast bombs the way they were redirected was if it stirred up such a wind that it changed the aerodynamic stuff of the balls, causing them to fly off in relatively random directions."

Then that's probably what happened. I'm sorry I just don't see the purpose of arguing something with an explicit explanation because maybe that isn't what actually happened.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 03:53:06 AM »

"the only way sheer speed alone could divert the tailed beast bombs the way they were redirected was if it stirred up such a wind that it changed the aerodynamic stuff of the balls, causing them to fly off in relatively random directions."

Then that's probably what happened. I'm sorry I just don't see the purpose of arguing something with an explicit explanation because maybe that isn't what actually happened.

The explanation given also is implicit, since the manga never specified HOW Naruto deflected the tailed beast balls, not to mention you just snipped the parts of my post where I point out how that is unlikely, if not outright impossible.

And don't say that Gai saying "so fast" is totally evidence, because that is merely referencing the great distance that Naruto crossed in such a short amount of time. The same exclamation commonly made whenever someone crosses a long distance in a short amount of time.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 03:59:44 AM »

The explanation given also is implicit, since the manga never specified HOW Naruto deflected the tailed beast balls, not to mention you just snipped the parts of my post where I point out how that is unlikely, if not outright impossible.

And don't say that Gai saying "so fast" is totally evidence, because that is merely referencing the great distance that Naruto crossed in such a short amount of time. The same exclamation commonly made whenever someone crosses a long distance in a short amount of time.

He deflected them by moving past them. That's what is says and is showing to me, and you explained how that would work regardless of whether you believe that is possible.

It shows Naruto moving, not touching anything, and when he appears he even has his arms down at his sides. I don't see a few peoples incredulity as a good reason to change an accepted explanation.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:03:10 AM by bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »

He deflected them by moving past them. That's what is says and is showing to me, and you explained how that would work regardless of whether you believe that is possible.

It shows Naruto moving, not touching anything, and when he appears he even has his arms down at his sides. I don't see a few peoples incredulity as a good reason to change an accepted explanation.

Naruto does not need to use his hands to touch anything; he could have very well just used the a tail each to deflect those things. Additionally, by my explanation, a stream of chakra augmenting this "wind" is the only way in which it would be possible, and as I said before, that is not the sheer speed of the movement, it is the strength of the cloak.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 05:12:44 AM »

I think we should get back to our original discussion. So Naruto deflected a bunch of Bijudama with his speed or wind or something. I mean that is somewhat impressive, but a Perfect Susanoo or a Wood Release: Hobi Technique could literally tank one. Heck, someone with the Rinnegan could just absorb the whole thing and have the opportunity to just Chibaku Tensei or Meteor the entire playfield with all that extra chakra. Point of the matter is, just about everyone who's got the EMS, Wood Release or Rinnegan have an easy way to just directly take-on a Bijudama. Wouldn't attempting to divert one away be technically a less powerful action? That is, if we're assuming that the Tenseigan Chakra Mode has the same speed as Naruto Nine-tails Chakra cloak.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.