Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Hold  (Read 3878 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Hold
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 02:44:17 AM »

That's fair. I can get behind new rules new start.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 05:24:45 AM »

I would like to point out that those who choose the OOC method can still be tracked down IC. Them just allowing people to compete OOCly for their beast doesn't in no fashion eliminate them from being found and stripped IC.

I'm just saying by some of what I read posted here it seemed some people may have viewed it as OOC challenger preference meant you only had to deal with OOC battles.... which is false.

Really it is the IC hunt people who have it easy as they only have to worry about rping IC and take come what may.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 05:32:44 AM »

What if a host keeps an OOC challenge list and someone meets him in rp and provokes a bijuu challenge situation?

That is not going to be fair to people on his list, someone he is fighting a match with currently, or those who are next in line for the battle.

It might be better to either do IC hunts or set up challengers rather than to do both.

I can see this being abused.

My next challenger is someone I do not want to fight...so I arrange and encounter and lose the bijuu...or stay tied up in that IC fight and the challenger on the list has to wait and wait and wait because I am already engaged in a battle over the beast.

Line jumping...legit or staged...could be a problem.

If a host wanted to do both...then perhaps after the run through their challenge list they could post to the forum thread of preferences that they are suspending challenges due to a provoked attack and are currently engaged. Pending the outcome they would then start taking challengers again. But I cannot see permitting a provoked challenge while there are people on the challenge list.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »

What if a host keeps an OOC challenge list and someone meets him in rp and provokes a bijuu challenge situation?

That is not going to be fair to people on his list, someone he is fighting a match with currently, or those who are next in line for the battle.

It might be better to either do IC hunts or set up challengers rather than to do both.

I can see this being abused.

My next challenger is someone I do not want to fight...so I arrange and encounter and lose the bijuu...or stay tied up in that IC fight and the challenger on the list has to wait and wait and wait because I am already engaged in a battle over the beast.

Line jumping...legit or staged...could be a problem.

If a host wanted to do both...then perhaps after the run through their challenge list they could post to the forum thread of preferences that they are suspending challenges due to a provoked attack and are currently engaged. Pending the outcome they would then start taking challengers again. But I cannot see permitting a provoked challenge while there are people on the challenge list.

Here goes a little story. Live isn't always fair... get over it.

IC always trumps OOC simply rp law.

This slapping a rule on every little nick and cranny is just stupid.

Who cares if you fell short because of some little loophole. Get back up and go at it again. Stop being a little whiny baby and learn how to fight for what you want. Didn't Naruto teach you people anything? Never Give Up!!!

SL has become like the American society these days... bunch of hands out not wanting but expecting a hand out. Someone needs to just chop all those hands off. Work for it hard enough and you will achieve it. Don't rely on the vote of some community or some rule to back you up. Just find a way to make it happen. In the words of great Son Goku, "Where there's a will; there's a way."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 06:14:16 AM »

That is what I am trying to do here Kirk. Find a way, while I still have any will left.

And yet in the other thread you say we should just chuck trying to find resolution and just give up and split the community further.

Many times you speak about what SL means to you and how you have put years into it and so on and so forth.

Well so have many of the rest of us. And perhaps many of the new players will too. That is not going to happen without a bit of compromise or attempts to make things fair the best we can. And just coming off with insults for those who do not see things the way you do isn't productive toward that goal.

A person should not have to take a back seat to 600 other people for any reason. As much as I want things to be RP based around here, I will not just tell people who want to keep OOC challenge lists, or those who are waiting on them, to just shut up and stop crying like a baby because someone else got their first. The whole point of keeping an OOC challenge list is to provide a turn base for them to at least get their chance at bat.

If this were baseball then you wouldn't be hep on changing the line up and never getting up to bat just cause someone jumped the line over and over again.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 06:23:23 AM »

That is what I am trying to do here Kirk. Find a way, while I still have any will left.

And yet in the other thread you say we should just chuck trying to find resolution and just give up and split the community further.

Many times you speak about what SL means to you and how you have put years into it and so on and so forth.

Well so have many of the rest of us. And perhaps many of the new players will too. That is not going to happen without a bit of compromise or attempts to make things fair the best we can. And just coming off with insults for those who do not see things the way you do isn't productive toward that goal.

A person should not have to take a back seat to 600 other people for any reason. As much as I want things to be RP based around here, I will not just tell people who want to keep OOC challenge lists, or those who are waiting on them, to just shut up and stop crying like a baby because someone else got their first. The whole point of keeping an OOC challenge list is to provide a turn base for them to at least get their chance at bat.

If this were baseball then you wouldn't be hep on changing the line up and never getting up to bat just cause someone jumped the line over and over again.

All I was getting at Kay is that it seems people want to run to this damn forum right off the bat. They don't want to even consider trying to duke it out in a debate with each other in pm. Nope just run to the forum to slander each other and cry until you finally hopefully get your way.

Part of rping is argueing. It is not a bad thing. I have said that before. There is nothing wrong with arguing over your rp in pm with an opponent. But I have never seen a bunch of people who can't even debate the simplest of topics without hating each other for no good reason at all.

So yeah let them divide. Let them isolate themselves until they are the only people in their little group. Then maybe they will see how important it is to talk things out with the person you are rping with and not go running to a bunch of people not involved.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.