Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i have a great idea if you listen.....  (Read 3480 times)

jjuchiha

i have a great idea if you listen.....
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:08:59 AM »

Hey we all know that this is a great game but what if you guys made it better by putting in tournaments like once a week or even a month and stuff like forest of death tournaments like on the show you would get more donations and more fans of the site it would be really awsome then
P.S.If you have already read this my bad i forgot where i put it

Ichabod12

Re: i have a great idea if you listen.....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 02:13:26 AM »

It is a great idea and has been proposed at least 5 times earlier, but it would require too much coding.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:52:20 AM »

currently, I don't see much chance. simply because of my lack of time.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

LeafToad

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 03:17:56 AM »

Sorry, it's a nice idea, but it sorta seems like a modified version of the battle arena to me. In a tournament everyone wants to be on top and win, it's the same concept in the battle arena, everyone (or almost everyone, at least) wants to be the battle arena leader...If you specify the tournament more, then I'll understand the reason for one.

Samantha

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 05:06:42 PM »

It's a good idea in theory.  But as Neji said the coding would really be an issue and Leaftoad has a point it would be a modified version of the battle arena to a certain aspect.  It is true that tournaments do bring about more excitement, but the downside: 1) Is that the people who are Leet Ninjas and Hokages are likely to win the tournament.  2) The excessive coding.  3) Would there be a tournament in each country which would be more coding and more people spread out. 4) What does the winner of the tournament actually get?  5) With the number of people who are playing the game, this would be one extremely long tournament. 6) This idea although good is like a mixture of battle arena and a pvp battle. 

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »

It's a good idea in theory.  But as Neji said the coding would really be an issue and Leaftoad has a point it would be a modified version of the battle arena to a certain aspect.  It is true that tournaments do bring about more excitement, but the downside: 1) Is that the people who are Leet Ninjas and Hokages are likely to win the tournament.  2) The excessive coding.  3) Would there be a tournament in each country which would be more coding and more people spread out. 4) What does the winner of the tournament actually get?  5) With the number of people who are playing the game, this would be one extremely long tournament. 6) This idea although good is like a mixture of battle arena and a pvp battle. 

or there could be a tournament for people around the same level with oro kills. and the winner could get a price like 5000 gold and 5 gems or so
Academy Student emoney is a Shoku Council to Code of Shoku (Clan)
Title: Kage
Level: 8
Resurrections: 2
Race: Sound
Specialty: Hyouton Ninjutsu
Creature: Pakkun
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Forehead Protector Size: 17
Kabuto Kills: 38
Player Kills: 242
Orochimaru Kills: 40

LeafToad

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »

or there could be a tournament for people around the same level with oro kills. and the winner could get a price like 5000 gold and 5 gems or so

That seems like a bit too much gold and gems doesn't it?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 06:05:13 PM by LeafToad »

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »

That seems like a bit too much gold and gems doesn't it?

well it is a tornament. i guess the tornament could last like 5 game days or something and then winner who is on top wins all that. or maybe like 2000 gold and 2 gems. that would be more reasonable

LeafToad

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »

well it is a tornament. i guess the tornament could last like 5 game days or something and then winner who is on top wins all that. or maybe like 2000 gold and 2 gems. that would be more reasonable

2,000 gold and 2 gems would be a more reasonable award, but you should also have to pay to get into the tournament, like in the battle arena, you must pay 50 gold to get in, and you win gold after you defeat your opponent, this should apply to this tournament also, gives the tournament balance.

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 06:52:35 PM »

2,000 gold and 2 gems would be a more reasonable award, but you should also have to pay to get into the tournament, like in the battle arena, you must pay 50 gold to get in, and you win gold after you defeat your opponent, this should apply to this tournament also, gives the tournament balance.

or everyone pays 500 gold and winner gets all the money collected from the people who registered

Ichabod12

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 10:02:03 PM »

That's a little much. I think that there should be 10 finalists.
Each finalist gets 1k gold. The first place would get 10k, 2nd place 9k, 3rd place 8k.......10th place 1k.
There's no point to this thread anyway as Neji stated earlier:

currently, I don't see much chance. simply because of my lack of time.

In other words, no chance.
*Gets a penguin ready*

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 02:01:54 AM »

1) 5 game days for 2000 gold and 2 gems? I can get more than that in a game day by going to the forest.

2) Not everyone can log in on all 5 game days.

3) Jounins with 8DKs, you will need all the luck you can get trying to beat Gyururu.

4) Here it says that you beat him, but over there it says that he beats you too. You both got a win against each other in the same battle so what happens next?

You guys should really stop making request about PVPs where you can fight each other like in "real time". It's impossible. I give this request a...

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 07:24:54 PM »

If anything, I'd say bring back Ann's little tournament of sorts, make a few characters of different levels and the first person to defeat them all gets the reward. No coding involved and a minumal amount of time spent making the characters.  ;) Just throwing that out there Neji.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »

Kurisu talked to me also for some little "tournaments".

If there is a _good_ idea, I'll surely listen.

Ann had a hard time after her "tournament" ;) because the "victories" needed to be checked and the reward given out. Manual work that is not really necessary.

Those things are nice, you're right.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

jjuchiha

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:31 AM »

so is that a yes or no cause i dont care what kind of tournament i just think it would be awsome :cool:
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 13 queries.