Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Moderater  (Read 4385 times)

Baluski

• View Profile
Re: Moderater
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »

You haven't answered yet, I'd like to see the layout for this tournament.

If it comes down to it, I can help, given the right day. If not me, then Lebis, she's on at night for the most part.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »

mods shouldnt be rude . thats a bad example.
I'm back to SL !

SinHarvest

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 10:37:11 PM »

mods shouldnt be rude . thats a bad example.
Now there shukaku, mods are people too, with people emotions, some people just cant be talked to in a civilized manner*coughvondaimecough*

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 10:40:25 PM »

LOL. ok sin. but i didnt say they werent normal people. they just have to give good examples. thats why mods have so many responsabilitys and work.
I'm back to SL !

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 11:35:15 PM »

ok, please get calm again everybody.

@tournament

ok, we can do something like this, but I need a temporal outline of this... start & end date

if you give out a good outline and also good content, we can talk about entry for you during that time to watch over the matches.

I'll discuss this with the others once you have made a detailed plan public. I will also support the idea in general.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Samantha

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 01:30:27 AM »

:shock:
A very tense atmosphere. I actually understand both sides. The tournament idea has been brought up a few times, and although it does have some appeal, it usually doesn't have the majority participators to be acted upon. You originally stated that it would be specifically for genins. Then after a little opposition, it's now for every rank. I dislike shooting down ideas, because its much harder to come up with ideas than it is to find problems with them. However, this has plenty of flaws right now. True, there isn't a blueprint or layout for it but for starters  is there a limit to how many genins can enter a specific tournament? Those that aren't admitted, won't be happy about it all, because they have had the opportunity of 100 points taken away from them.  I can't act like I speak for Baluski, Lebis, Xaos, Jeff and Neji, and the other Kages/Hokages but once you reach a specific ranking you really don't care too much for tournaments and you really don't care about a pathetic 100 donation points. I'm not diminishing the points, but when your at Sannin, Kage, Hokage and Grand Hokage, points and title changes don't really mean much. At high ranking you won't get many people to actually join a tournament. Lastly, what happens if a moderator is partial toward a particular player and what happens if the number of participants in a tournament is uneven, will there be a bye or will some people have to fight twice. In which, you know someone will cry foul.  The blueprint/layout to this is really crucial to it being implemented.  By the way, 100 points (split that in half) think about how many dks that would be.

jjuchiha

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 01:55:54 AM »

i have it up as soon as i can neji and samantha afther i do that then you can judge not a second sooner :D

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 03:22:17 AM »

excuse me but this is between me and neji and i need to be a mod to come in at anytime so i would be able to know who won and lost and do you know how long it takes to make a tourney im still making the first one

If that's the only reason you need to be a moderator then it's not needed. Just have the players post screen shots of the victory. Or just check the daily news, which you don't need to be logged in to view.

There are alternative means to everything, just find them ^.^

dude no.1

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 04:08:34 AM »

JJ, dude, I think you should PM neji(in the forum) these things, because you doing this, makes it feel like a choice for all forum members.

Shukaku

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 08:48:42 PM »

wow samantha what a big post  :D i think he should have PM neji too  :P
I'm back to SL !

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

*sighs*

This is on reason I stopped coming to the forums...

Simple fix, send information to the staff. The staff will get back to you with any answers/problems. If you are needed on the staff, you will then be invited. Or you can try to buy yourself a spot. Just like in the elections that are coming up in the US...
 :D

Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 10:45:48 PM »

I asked him to make a thread at that time.

Though the tournament & "reasons to be a moderator" were worth discussing.

So don't hit on that...

I want the tournament outlines as this has been stated as a reason.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Demonic Sanoci

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »

Seen how tournaments work , and from expeience with the new server for Bleach already sence their'll be alot of coding involved alone with writing it out if needed. Especially think about it if had a tournament for every rank the few who are like Hokage , and Grand Hokage couldn't even fight , plus Samantha  mentioned how the chances of it to be uneven. Lastly that reply to my other post was funny , because even if it was a discussion between you , and Neji everyone else is reading the post , and able to reply themselves. Another thing from how my life going , plus fixing the creatures , and taunt list for the new server takes alot of time it wouldn't be easy. Have to include the pressure your under , and etc like the other mods.

If anything please have a written rough draft about it so the mods , and other people can observe it , and clearly notice the pros , and cons in it. Even if Neji agreeds it'll take alot of time , considering he has a list of things to do. Top it off the small Bleach server which the Bleach Team working on will be unleashed in a few months. Now understand you wanna become a mod , and al . Just take advice from others who have been here longer than you. A life being a Mod not a cake walk . I attempted to become a Mod before , but not even if ever become 1 rather just help the site all I can , which truely makes Neji decide on your actions for the job.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 14 queries.