Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Staying at level 15  (Read 15040 times)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
Re: Staying at level 15
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »

Some players sit at level 15 for mistakes they've made...like add DK points to Hp or putting to many in FF so they're behind already so they need a way to make up for that. Everyone doesn't play games like this so there bound to mess everynow and then.

*cof cof* some players stay level 15 for the first place in pvps =|
I'm back to SL !

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2007, 12:35:45 AM »

Some players sit at level 15 for mistakes they've made...like add DK points to Hp or putting to many in FF so they're behind already so they need a way to make up for that. Everyone doesn't play games like this so there bound to mess everynow and then.

The key word is "some".

What about the majority that don't do it because of that? :P
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2007, 04:26:06 AM »

You guys stayed at level 15 to build up your stat while I originally stayed at level 15 to keep my clan's coffers full then I started building up stat like dust...

LeafToad

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2007, 05:54:13 AM »

Sound does have a point. Not everyone stays at level 15 just for PVPing. For example: If someone stays at level 15 to finish working on a castle, and after a short period of time, he is deprived of his PVPing abilities, that's just rude in my opinion.

We've already asked Neji for the 15% thing and now we are asking to take it away from people who stay at level 15... we are being a bit too picky, not something to be in the feature requests.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2007, 05:48:34 PM »

Sound does have a point. Not everyone stays at level 15 just for PVPing. For example: If someone stays at level 15 to finish working on a castle, and after a short period of time, he is deprived of his PVPing abilities, that's just rude in my opinion.

We've already asked Neji for the 15% thing and now we are asking to take it away from people who stay at level 15... we are being a bit too picky, not something to be in the feature requests.

If they want to finish their castle, then that's their decision, their sacrifice..And if they stay at level 15 for that, I don't think they need PVP abilities. ;)

My idea is not the same thing..the 15% thing stays (shukaku's idea)...I am talking about people HIGHER ranked then you.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

Abysss

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »

Doesn't really affect me so i don't care, I am olny staying my dk to get kyuubi:/, i don't even know how they get stronger staying at that level:(

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »

Doesn't really affect me so i don't care, I am olny staying my dk to get kyuubi:/, i don't even know how they get stronger staying at that level:(

Lots of ways..events mostly..

LeafToad

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2007, 03:45:51 AM »

My idea is not the same thing..the 15% thing stays (shukaku's idea)...I am talking about people HIGHER ranked then you.

Isn't that still the same as the 15% thing though. For people to attack other people 15% lower ranked than them? I still believe that no matter, it's still being a bit too picky, not everything in the game can be perfect.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2007, 03:52:42 AM »

Isn't that still the same as the 15% thing though. For people to attack other people 15% lower ranked than them? I still believe that no matter, it's still being a bit too picky, not everything in the game can be perfect.

It doesn't need to be 15%, just giving out a general idea.

drownafish

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2007, 04:35:42 AM »

Don't really think it's a great idea. I mean, the people who stay at level 15 for PVP probably work pretty hard to get all their stats to where they are, and they should be able to attack anyone higher up than they are. It's not their fault the other person's stats are low. Besides, people who do stay at level 15 can only attack people level 14 and 15, do they really need their experience anyway? They'd gain it back within the game day. And if it really bothers the person who got killed, well, why don't they just stay at level 15 and get revenge?

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »

Don't really think it's a great idea. I mean, the people who stay at level 15 for PVP probably work pretty hard to get all their stats to where they are, and they should be able to attack anyone higher up than they are. It's not their fault the other person's stats are low. Besides, people who do stay at level 15 can only attack people level 14 and 15, do they really need their experience anyway? They'd gain it back within the game day. And if it really bothers the person who got killed, well, why don't they just stay at level 15 and get revenge?

lol what hard work??? =| all you have to be is patient to get the events.... it wasn't hard to boost my alt's attack and defense ...
I'm back to SL !

asdfjkl

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »

You said that people who stay at level 15 should be able to attack people higher up than they are. I agree. They are strong enough to attack people higher up than they are, meaning more DK's. Thats why i think that they don't need the 15% rule, because they have people that they can attack that so they don't need to attack people 15% lower than them. I have been thinking this thing through and have realized that it's not really that necessary, reason being that i was saying that people like gyu or takumi shouldn't be able to attack people 15% lower than them but the 15% rule doesn't apply to them so it'd be pointless to take it from them. The only person that i know that stays at level 15 above 34 Dk's for power is Sinharvest but thats just one person. Other people like Crimsonneji are staying at level 15 for kyuubi so i say don't make the server even more slower by installing this.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:53:08 PM by asdfjkl »

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »

It won't be slower :P

asdfjkl

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »

yeah, probably won't. :P But most people who stay at a DK are below 34 DK's so i don't think it's necessary since the 15% rule doesn't affect them. BUT if it is implemented i'd make it that you can't have the ability to attack people 15% DK lower than you once you reach more than 10 temporary attack or defense. And this is not unfair since if you have 10 temporary extra attack till the next DK than thats like saying you got 10 more oro kills and spent them on permanent attack points so you have a wider range of people to attack, meaning people with 10 DKs ahead of you
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:48:42 PM by asdfjkl »

Samantha

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »

I understand both sides: Staying at level 15 is a choice, the entire game is a plethra of choices and options. Although the players that stay at level 15 get to quickly build their attack and defense, it comes at a cost. These players will get passed by other players that actually want to get their dks.  Therefore the options are clear, make a name for yourself by getting dks or make a name for yourself by getting pvps. Also, as stated before by someone, some players stay at level 15 for various options like financing a castle or cityhouse, building their attack and defense (pvp), or controlling a battle arena, etc... When we take away options from players we are losing the core of the game.
In contrast staying at level 15 has also ruined the game in some aspects.  The meaning and purpose of the game is to get as many dks as possible.  Having people stay at level 15 and be able to kill others that have more dks, doesn't make any sense and it makes the game unbalanced.  After reading Cyrus and Shukaku's comments I agree with them to a certain degree. However, I think it's best to not stop people that want to stay at level 15, but to instead have a ceiling.  By this I mean that players that stay at level 15 will eventually reach a ceiling, where the player according to their dks and rank (acad.student, genin, chuunin, etc..) will not be able to get any stronger or build their attack and defense.  What this does is still give those players the option to continue to rack up pvps, but there is a limit now and it encourages them to eventually get their dk and once again if they want...they can stay at level 15 again and be stronger than they were previously.  It also gives the people that we're killed by them a chance to get a measure of revenge before the players get back to level 15 and kill more people again.  It's a cycle, but the ceiling of power raises with each dk.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.