Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Specialty (kikai bugs (cant spell that right ))  (Read 3461 times)

demonmaster

Re: Specialty (kikai bugs (cant spell that right ))
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 01:56:10 AM »

*didnt think many people would respond to this*

Samantha

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 02:08:52 AM »

We're in agreement for the most part, but there is one exception I have.  I feel that if a person decides to join Clan A learns the techniques and decides he/she would rather leave and join another clan.  The very moment the person leaves the clan, is the very moment you lose those skills.  Therefore, if you decide to leave during any level, you must be prepared to face the consequences of seeing your former clanmates in the woods.  It would be similiar for those who are accustomed to being in the AKA, once you leave the organization, you don't get to keep the benefits until you get a DK, you are out immediately. 
In addition, one can not see the special event again, until he/she has no clan.  This eliminates people joining a clan and steadily looking to join another.  If you want to learn another clan's techniques, you must first quit your current clan, then go to the forest in search of the special event again.  We have all heard some people claim that the game has gotten boring to them in some way or fashion, this will add a little intrigue to going into the forest. :twisted:  That way going into the forest is now a double-edged sword, you could get the special event you are looking for or you could run into your former colleagues.  Unlike with the ANBU, your alignment means nothing to your former colleagues, you are a traitor to them. If you are a missing-nin, you won't be safe in any country.   :smt120
The good side of this concept is that it makes it harder on anyone switching clans.  The downside to this idea is that once you quit a clan and immediately lose your skills. You must have a set of skills(suna, medical, katon, etc....) to use until you get a DK.  I purpose the default skills you use until you get a DK be taijutsu.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:11:54 AM by Shikamaru »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »

Losing you clan specialty after you quit the clan & not being able to rejoin the same clan for a period of time is enough. Which means if you bump into the same event that got you into the bug user clan, they will chase you away.

There is no need punishment such as being attack by your former clan members. I dont think you want to end up being attacked by every single clan in Konoha just because you want to try out each clan's specialty.

As I said, the clan specialty is like the basic ninjutsu (bunshin no jutsu, kawarimi no jutsu etc), so in addition of your clan specialty, you will still have your Koton, Suiton or whatever jutsu that you chose and mastered.

Samantha

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 11:00:54 PM »

You have come up with plenty of ideas Gyuru and plenty of them have been implemented.  We all know that Neji won't acknowledge a idea until it has an equal (negative)side-effect to a equal postive gain.  Do you think that having the Aburame Clan decline your acceptance for say two weeks is punishment enough?  I mean you are learning the secrets to a family/clan jutsu, you are a part of that family, this clan has trained you and taken care of you.  You are suppose to be loyal to that family/clan, and you all of the sudden decide to throw away your bonds, loyalty, allegiance, and connection.  Then the clan's response to this is you can come back in a couple of weeks, and everything will be fine?  Is it too easy?  I understand that all of us will want to see what the other clan specialities could do, I'm no exception I would like to know as well.  I agree with your idea that there should be a time frame, when one can be able to come back to the clan they left, but until that time frame has been reached, there has to be a worthy negative side effect for leaving the clan. 

Possible side effect: When you enter the clan, you get that clan's tattoo (similiar to a membership card).  However, when leaving, you must get the tattoo removed.  This would take some of your hitpoints for a certain amount of rounds.  If this solution sounds okay, how much should the clan tattoo removal cost?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »

This isn't additional power like the curse seal or the seven star tattoo. It's just a new specialty. So I don't see any need for this "equal (negative)side-effect to a equal postive gain" that you were talking about.

Samantha

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 05:32:01 AM »

The skill set is unique.  To consider it like all the other specialities, would be demeaning the rarity of the techniques.  In summation, it would be like having three tiers of jutsus: Tier 1: The basic techniques.  Tier 2: The unique clan jutsus.  Tier 3: Kekkei genkai.
The basic specialities were automatically given to us, but the unique and rare clan jutsus; as well as the superbly rare kekkei genkai should both come with a cost.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.