Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Limit temporary HP usage  (Read 8031 times)

asdfjkl

Re: Limit temporary HP usage
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »

:P i just say limit hp, thats all :P  But your ideas good for clan wars

Samantha

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »

You make 2 months sound like 2 days.

I don't agree with limiting everything. Just that players should PVP with the actual HP and not the buff HP that they stacked up to fit the "in a fair combat" thingy.
[/quote]

Rather it's 2 month, 2 days, or 2 hours the fact remains that hoarding temporary stats are all the same.  There seems to be an overwhelming sentiment to try to differentiate between stacking attack/defense vs Hp, as if stacking Hp is totally wrong were as stacking attack and defense is okay. 

I understand that people in general don't want to be limited.  If that is the case then Baluski's idea of damage accumulation is ideal for not only PVP's but also clan wars.   Let's get pass thinking of our individual characters and accounts, and think of what is the best progression for the game as a whole. 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:43:19 PM by Shikamaru »

thSannin

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 10:32:32 PM »

think about it, asdfjkl: in that way there could be a chance for A LOT of weak people to beat one strong guy, with A LOT of sacrifice.
it seems good to me, even if there could be a lot of side effects

asdfjkl

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:39 AM »

no :P People who have worked hard to get where they are shouldn't be brought down by 8 genins attacking him or 8 jounins (not counting gyu) They build up thier stats so they won't get beat in battle, it seems unfair to the person who's logging out. Want to win pvps? than get stronger, i say limit temporary hp but don't change anything else

Samantha

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 01:11:13 AM »

Even with stacked up stats if a warrior stands guard at any house, he or she can only last so many battles before finally succumbing due to fatigue and injuries substained during previous battles.  The idea, as Baluski stated before, is realistic. 

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2007, 01:19:36 AM »

I understand that people in general don't want to be limited.  If that is the case then Baluski's idea of damage accumulation is ideal for not only PVP's but also clan wars.  Let's get pass thinking of our individual characters and accounts, and think of what is the best progression for the game as a whole. 

If I was doing that, then I would have said no to this whole thing because stacking temporary HP is the only way gyu can beat a grand hokage.

Even with stacked up stats if a warrior stands guard at any house, he or she can only last so many battles before finally succumbing due to fatigue and injuries substained during previous battles.  The idea, as Baluski stated before, is realistic. 

Have you see the "attacked too recently" thingy before? It's logical to say that the defender took that period of time to heal. Baluski's idea can be used for clan wars but not in normal pvp.

RAIKIRI

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2007, 01:59:30 AM »

Yes i agree, i like Baluski's idea, it is very realistic and now, finally, acads can do their share by targeting an kage and dwindling his/her hp down :P

and as for someone who said whats the use of stacking atk and defense, If an acad attacaks you and you have stakced no atk/defense, you would die. If Baluski's idea goes in place, you still have to stack because as y ou stack power, you decrease teh chance taht you will take a lot of damage with the constant attacks and you increase the chance of your survival.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2007, 02:06:01 AM »

that way or it should count for both.

I like the "both count" because it's more fair.

Not necessarily. Some people don't like using Sake every night just to prevent stronger people from killing them. I mean, it takes away from the following morning, does it not?

Occasionally, I will use ale, but that has it's other uses.

Surely, I think that the use of temporary health definitely shouldn't apply to PvPs.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

asdfjkl

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2007, 02:10:15 AM »

i had 154 oro kills, i dared gyu to attack me, she did, and i lost. she lost like 350 hp and i lost 1,050. Her permanent hp is like 225 or something but she got her hp all the way up to the 900's. I say limit hp just like she said using the point that she beat me who has wasted every single dk point but one on attack and defense. And baluski's idea is good for clan wars and ONLY clan wars

RAIKIRI

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:57 AM »

BUT! Baluski's idea could actually kill Gyu, and make her lose that over million exp she has and share it with the rest of us  :twisted:

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2007, 05:09:47 AM »

Surely, I think that the use of temporary health definitely shouldn't apply to PvPs.

Agree.

And baluski's idea is good for clan wars and ONLY clan wars

Agree.

BUT! Baluski's idea could actually kill Gyu, and make her lose that over million exp she has and share it with the rest of us  :twisted:

Neji wouldn't let you guys get your hands on my 4.2 billion exp unless it's holloween.

SolAlwyn

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2007, 07:42:19 AM »

While I believe that I would benefit from preventing temporary hp from being used, I believe that both attacker and defender should be able to gain a benefit.  If the defender survives, then they should lose 10% of the current extra, regardless of how much damage they take.  This would allow constant attacks to drain those who have several hundred extra hp.  The reason for only a 10% loss is that the time after the battle, that the defender cannot be attacked, would be used to heal. 

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »

Code: [Select]
Neji wouldn't let you guys get your hands on my 4.2 billion exp unless it's holloween.
Neji does not specifically make players invulnerable by his choice.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »

You make 2 months sound like 2 days.

I don't agree with limiting everything. Just that players should PVP with the actual HP and not the buff HP that they stacked up to fit the "in a fair combat" thingy.

Rather it's 2 month, 2 days, or 2 hours the fact remains that hoarding temporary stats are all the same.  There seems to be an overwhelming sentiment to try to differentiate between stacking attack/defense vs Hp, as if stacking Hp is totally wrong were as stacking attack and defense is okay. 

I understand that people in general don't want to be limited.  If that is the case then Baluski's idea of damage accumulation is ideal for not only PVP's but also clan wars.   Let's get pass thinking of our individual characters and accounts, and think of what is the best progression for the game as a whole. 

[/quote]

I'm impressed.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

asdfjkl

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 11:27:41 PM »

whats best for the game is not for people to keep sacrificing themselves to try and kill one person, but for people to gain the strength to kill other people within thier own rank or capabilities. I"d prefer to see a message that says ANBU captain _____ killed Sannin _____ than see 10 messages that say anbu captain _____ lost to Asdfjkl and then one message that says Hunter Nin ____ killed asdfjkl.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.