Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Investing DK points on Chakra.  (Read 6775 times)

Samantha

Re: Investing DK points on Chakra.
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

True the pvp option is out the window. 
I do have a follow up question, just so I can gain more clarity on this great idea that Gyu came up with.  Could we use any kind of puppet jutsu for the example (even though we are all aware that there isn't any kind of puppet jutsu in the game now).  Okay, so you are saying that when a person kills Orochimaru and a new day appears, they have the option of adding the DK point to: Forest Fight(Turns), Attack, Defense, or +5 Hitpoints.
Are we talking about adding a option called Technique to that list of Attack, Defense, HP, and turns?  In doing so depending on how many DK points are in the category, Technique, one could learn a jutsu (Like a puppet jutsu being 50 DKs.  If the person decides to spend the 50 points he/she has in the Technique category to acquire a specific jutsu, then their category DK points would disappear by 50.  Very much like a person buying a mount with gems).  If I'm wrong about the gist of the idea, please let me know.  ;)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »

You've got half of the idea and put a new spin on it. O:

You're saying we spend dks in 'technique' which then we trade to learn a jutsu not from an already existing specialty?
But then that specailty will have to be worked out.
Or did I misread...your post sounds more complicated now!

Sounds almost like Kekkei Genkai, but for that we invest 100+ dks and start over. >.<

What Gyu is saying is that we use a dk to increase one level in Basic ninjutsu where new jutsus will be added for that specialty.
But Neji says that only the level for the specialty will increase with no actual increase in chakra.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:00:48 PM by Mihazi »

Eureka7

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »

I actually get both the ideas, I like the Shikamaru one because it means that everyone is starting from stratch with a new technique category even Daimyos.  It is also awesome because you are stockpiling points in Technique waiting for the technique you want.  Once you find the technique you want you would lose all those Dk points, like gems.  One jutsu like Choji's could be at 50 points, another at like 100, then another at 175.  If you use yours on 50, then find out a better one was at 75 or 100 you have no other choice but to try to add another 100 points to technique.  I like the Gyu one because it would also make learning a jutsu more of challenge instead of it being based on your level. Lately, it has been rather easy to go from level 1 to level whatever and gain powerful jutsus.  Gyu's idea would eliminate that issue and truly make a person work for a higher level jutsu.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 10:33:11 PM »

I'm not going to use 50+ dks to learn 1 jutsu. I'd become incredibly weak.
Sounds too much Kekkei Genkaish.

Gyu's idea only applies to Basic Ninjutsu. ._.
We'll still learn all the other jutsus the same way and there is no actual chakra increase.
Seems like a waste to me. It'd depend on how good the new jutsus would be.
But I'm fine with the ones we have now and this will most likely alter them to compensate/balance the jutsus.

ryushi

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:18 PM »

I wouldn't invest that many points into one technique. I can unserstand 5 or 6 points but if it was 50 then many younger players wouldn't be able to use the new system fo a very long time.

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 10:56:06 PM »

I wouldn't invest that many points into one technique. I can unserstand 5 or 6 points but if it was 50 then many younger players wouldn't be able to use the new system fo a very long time.

Yeah that is true, it would be more difficult for the younger players, and I think it is perfect with 5 or 6 points on the techinique you want to improve

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 01:12:56 AM »

Gyu's idea only applies to Basic Ninjutsu. ._.
We'll still learn all the other jutsus the same way and there is no actual chakra increase.
Seems like a waste to me. It'd depend on how good the new jutsus would be.
But I'm fine with the ones we have now and this will most likely alter them to compensate/balance the jutsus.

It seems that you misunderstood how the specialty system works. Your overall chakra DO increase. But you will still need to level up to use higher level jutsu.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »

So I have it backwards!? >.<
I get more chakra, but I don't actually learn a jutsu?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:26:00 AM by Mihazi »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 03:59:07 AM »

My understanding ( which certainly could be wrong ) is that a typical new level 1 gameday starts with, let's say 3 chakra points total, and one in your chosen specialty. 

If you put 1 DK point into chakra, you would start off with 4 chakra points and 1 in your chosen specialty.

Again, I am not sure I understand, but this represents my current understanding of that which Gyu speaks.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »

My understanding ( which certainly could be wrong ) is that a typical new level 1 gameday starts with, let's say 3 chakra points total, and one in your chosen specialty. 

If you put 1 DK point into chakra, you would start off with 4 chakra points and 1 in your chosen specialty.

Again, I am not sure I understand, but this represents my current understanding of that which Gyu speaks.

That was my original feature request. But Oliver seems to have something else on his mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.