Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Protest again - I also hate the new system with this 5 kill - break  (Read 17463 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Protest again - I also hate the new system with this 5 kill - break
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2008, 12:58:30 AM »

Ok.

I if hardlimit the number of Oro kills. What will happen:

"It is totallly unrealistic! Why can't I challenge Oro? I have the level, the points, all! That's just unfair!" <--- and then ... what?
"I can't kill Oro, but others can fight much more and get more gold, more exp, more .... everything! But I can't get up" <--- normal player against sitter

I see, the people complaining are mostly:

a) sitters who had tons of flawless due to ridiculous stats as genin/jouning/whatever
b) powerplayers who want to go through like nothing stops them.

The issue is simple.
If the flawless are not cut, I need to do something else to interrupt the flawless flow. Gyu suggested a monster which always hits first, thinking it will let her simply defeat it due to her ultimate stats. Well, sadly it will automaticall hit, and then it has the same effect here.

So, what do you all propose?

"I want it back! Because I NEED my flawless ones"

<-- Why? To do exactly *what* as a sitter? You don't need exp. Gold? You can throw it around. Gems? Ok, gem chance. Else? Events? What if a sudden death occurs?

Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »

I, personally, was too lazy to get one day Oro kills.
If anything, removing this will give me one or two more levels (for about 3-4 levels a day)

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »

I have to agree with you Neji.

JaggerJack could take an hour to use 20 turns :/

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2008, 04:28:26 AM »

I've gotten used to the flawless break thingy. Now going through Gyu's turn isn't such a pian in the rear. It used to take forever for her to finish up all that chakra (since I can basically go on forever, just as long as I have chakra left)! @_@

Furthermore, it also limits the progress of other sitters that have tons of time in their hands. Now I dont have to worry that much about them becoming stronger than me >3
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:31:52 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2008, 04:51:34 AM »

What was that alt NF had that had Kyuubi so she could literally play it all day? Tayuya I think it was.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2008, 09:50:04 AM »

So, all that happened is that *all players* playtime has been reduced...

which is not bad, as I once said: I don't like to have people playing 4h / day on the site just to finish their forest fights :(

Think of me as nostalgic, but I *do* care a bit about the health of  the people playing, and am not fond of something that costs too much time&energy to be in "normal parameters" ^^

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »

Furthermore, it also limits the progress of other sitters that have tons of time in their hands. Now I dont have to worry that much about them becoming stronger than me >3

Exactly.   :roll:

doomstar

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »

So, all that happened is that *all players* playtime has been reduced...

which is not bad, as I once said: I don't like to have people playing 4h / day on the site just to finish their forest fights :(

Think of me as nostalgic, but I *do* care a bit about the health of  the people playing, and am not fond of something that costs too much time&energy to be in "normal parameters" ^^
but don't you want to hear the news story of how a person played on sl for so long that they collapsed from over exhaustion?

Shigeo

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

Sure, we'll give you one day kills but then people will want more and more.  :roll:
Soon everything will be *unbalanced*
Seems no one can just enjoy the game itself rather then ask questions and complain.

This is already unbalanced. -_- And is this not the 'Discussions' board? Are we not discussing the changes brought about? Step down from your pedestal, Kamui; you are not better than others, so you have no reason to act as such.

@ Neji: You say that people will complain if you limit Oro kills to one per day....well, people are already complaining about this flawless system. If you were to allow players an unlimited number of flawless fights, but only a single Orochimaru kill per game day(i.e., the 8 hour day--dying and ressurecting will not allow one to bypass it), it would come to the same thing; people wouldn't play all day.

And don't brand me as a powerplayer, everyone, because my STR/CON is horrendous, thus making my attack and defense poor; I put a lot of points into DEX and INT, to reflect my RP character.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »

=) no, it wouldn't

it would come down to explain exactly why. and sitters win.

so, not ALL players are treated equal ;) the suggestion came from 2 long-time sitters, to make it "like you wanted to, neji", but that was beside the point.

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2008, 09:07:57 PM »

So people who went the way the game was supposed to be played get less?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »

Sure, we'll give you one day kills but then people will want more and more.  :roll:
Soon everything will be *unbalanced*
Seems no one can just enjoy the game itself rather then ask questions and complain.

This is already unbalanced. -_- And is this not the 'Discussions' board? Are we not discussing the changes brought about? Step down from your pedestal, Kamui; you are not better than others, so you have no reason to act as such.

@ Neji: You say that people will complain if you limit Oro kills to one per day....well, people are already complaining about this flawless system. If you were to allow players an unlimited number of flawless fights, but only a single Orochimaru kill per game day(i.e., the 8 hour day--dying and ressurecting will not allow one to bypass it), it would come to the same thing; people wouldn't play all day.

And don't brand me as a powerplayer, everyone, because my STR/CON is horrendous, thus making my attack and defense poor; I put a lot of points into DEX and INT, to reflect my RP character.

I never said I was better then everyone, nor did I act mighty on a "pedestal"  just looking at the topic itself, it's more motivated by greed then anything just since you can't get back to the way you were.  :roll:
Just like Neji said,  you want your flawless back rather then make the game harder which was requested many times, as I recall.
Or am I wrong?

Duelist

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »

nahh Don't worry about it Kamui..ppl are just angry right now...its just a phase...

I was frustrated too, but I think I got used to it now, yes it is still annoying when it says you need to rest, but you just have to deal with it...just gotta pop a couple more points in turns  :P

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2008, 10:33:18 PM »

nahh Don't worry about it Kamui..ppl are just angry right now...its just a phase...

I was frustrated too, but I think I got used to it now, yes it is still annoying when it says you need to rest, but you just have to deal with it...just gotta pop a couple more points in turns  :P
And then you can't win in the turns.
I still want to know why my idea of limiting Oro kills is bad.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2008, 01:05:05 AM »

And I already explained.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.