Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Taking Revenge  (Read 7155 times)

sushigewd2.0

Re: Taking Revenge
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 01:21:23 AM »

Suggestion, how bout if you die while you're trying to "take revenge" you lose like double the amount of exp you would normally, just to spice things up.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »

Suggestion, how bout if you die while you're trying to "take revenge" you lose like double the amount of exp you would normally, just to spice things up.

This seems to expensive then:/
I mean, it costs you all your PvP's +gems+the chance of dying.

Losing double experience would make people pass up this option.

Satake

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:24 AM »

I suppose I'll comment, since this came up because of a post I made.

I would gladly take the risk of loosing twice the amount of experience I normally would, plus my PvP points, plus a certain amount of gems, even whatever gold I'm carrying, if it means I can get back at someone personally.

I've sent a message in an attempt to RP, I've watched and haven't seen him rank up even once, and I've sent someone else a message in a request for assistance.  Outside of doing that, setting a bounty that may not ever be collected, and hoping to find that assassin in the forest (which I've found twice since I started playing), there's nothing else I can do.

Besides pay someone each time they kill the person, which I would also do.  As I said before, I'd find a way to take care of it, even if I had to go after the individuals clanmates as well.

But I do like this idea, and would definitely use it.  Even with the suggested risk of experience loss.

Chaoskin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

Sounds good to me and fun
Leader of Phoenix Rising <PHX>

I can Summon the Legnedary BaconCat and own you!

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »

what would happen if the person who attacked you is to low level or high level than yours, example:
When that person attacked you, both of you were level 8, the person won, and he leveled up in the forest etc, and now he is level 12, would you still able to attack him or her?

I liked this idea, sounds great to me.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »

Sorry, time crunch prevents me from reading every entry -AND- responding at this time.  Hopefully, not too many repeats from me.

I like the idea, however, I would like to modify it as follows:

If the opponent is a lower DK level and/or lower 1-15 level, then the cost (gems, etc.) should be based on the difference.

The initiator should not be able to "fill in the name" as they could choose someone that did not attack them.  Ideally, there would be some way to choose this option based on the last (or last few) people that have killed you.  You get an email saying "Don't you think it is time for revenge" (or something like that) but all too often, it was a squatter that stacked HP (in addition to their other higher stats) and barely won.  Because of that, I cannot retaliate, and that is what I see this alleviating.

I like the idea, especially since I cannot use the assassin, for obvious reasons.

kondaime

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »

Could be great for some, but I don't care if someone kills me, why should I waste gems AND all PvP fights to get a senseless win? You could just kill three other players and gain more experience, without losing gems..

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 10:28:05 PM »

Two people could just keep killing each other! Ahaha.
What if the target is dead?

kondaime

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 10:47:07 PM »

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »

Could be great for some, but I don't care if someone kills me, why should I waste gems AND all PvP fights to get a senseless win? You could just kill three other players and gain more experience, without losing gems..

It's not all about gaining experience. Some people want to regain their dignity and avenge themselves.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 11:36:11 PM »

I'm also rethinking.
Maybe this shouldn't be available if they're dead...

Also maybe the gem cost shouldn't reflect difference at all?

I like the thing from before

X many dks costs X gems.

I updated my first post in the thread (1st page) to help keep track of all the modifications.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:33:49 AM by Demon Bandit Taumaster »

Satake

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 05:15:33 AM »

You could just kill three other players and gain more experience, without losing gems..

RP shouldn't be about the amount of experience a character has (rank maybe, but not experience points).  Mine was for purely RP reasons.  The character herself wouldn't give a dang about monetary items or currency or "experience points" when it came to getting back at someone.  She'd want her pride back, and that's it.

The player (most, anyway) is concerned about their gems, their money, their experience points, and their DKs.  Characters in a Narutoverse wouldn't know what the heck DKs were, or what experience points had to do with anything.

So, RP.  Not money, not gems, not experience points.  Role Playing.  I for one would gladly give up a little money, some gems, and risk exp. points for the sake of role playing.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »

You could just kill three other players and gain more experience, without losing gems..

RP shouldn't be about the amount of experience a character has (rank maybe, but not experience points).  Mine was for purely RP reasons.  The character herself wouldn't give a dang about monetary items or currency or "experience points" when it came to getting back at someone.  She'd want her pride back, and that's it.

The player (most, anyway) is concerned about their gems, their money, their experience points, and their DKs.  Characters in a Narutoverse wouldn't know what the heck DKs were, or what experience points had to do with anything.

So, RP.  Not money, not gems, not experience points.  Role Playing.  I for one would gladly give up a little money, some gems, and risk exp. points for the sake of role playing.

Exactly, it's not all about experience. Sometimes it's just about getting back at someone.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 10:14:02 PM »

So Neji, what do you think?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »

=)

I can smell a set of poke...

well... I am undecided.
Never judge a cow by its udder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.